Can we PANIC now Marshall/ Hall ? ( Idiots)

Worst defence i have seen in 20 years. Makes sense though, Edmonton was worst last year will Hall at the helm. This is going to be a horrible year. Doesn't seem to be any heart on this team.
1) Worst Defence
2) Worst d-backs by far in the league ( Can't stop 2nd and 15 ever)
3) Worst receivers in the league ( Durant has to rely on a guy that is 5'8 to catch the ball)
4) Pass rush is horrible ( Quaterbacks must love playing us)

Curious to see what excuses come out of the coaches mouthes this week. And we are dreaming if we think we will win in Montreal next week :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn:

:thup: :thup: :thup:

I was at the game today, and I agree, looking at the Riders sideline and watching them play on the field, their seems to be no heart on the team, they were completely emotionless even when they are getting smacked by 30 points

The last few seasons win or lose we played tough - teams hated playing the Riders as they knew they where going to be in a fight no matter what the score was - that's what playing with heart is. So far this season the Riders have shown zero heart - none at all

Just from an ameteur psychologist point of view, I wonder how that happens over a period of 7 months (since GC), of which only one or two of them have actually had the team together (since training camp). The complete 180 is astounding.

Not too hard to figure out. Morgan, Adams, and Szarka were three of their biggest leaders. Someone has gotta step up in the locker room. You can't coach heart, but players will be more accountable if thier teammates are calling them out to be better.

Not too hard to figure out. Morgan, Adams, and Szarka were three of their biggest leaders. Someone has gotta step up in the locker room. You can't coach heart, but players will be more accountable if thier teammates are calling them out to be better.
It goes deeper then that though. I think coaching is a big part of the problem. You could see the change in the Riders under Shivers and all the way through Austin. It didn't matter what the score was - every player was giving it 100% on every play. Yah they lost a few with overall poor play but for the most part they where still in it. Last season - starting about the mid point you could see the Riders as a team change. There where games they played like champs and the next game almost completely vanish. The consistent effort that the Riders had show the previous 4 or 5 years was fading fast and now is no where to be seen. I don't know if it is a mix of the players or the constant changing of players and personal. I don't buy that it was just luck as luck will win you a few games but not get you to the Grey Cup in back to back years. For me I see the big 3 problems as

1 - Poor choices in Coaching selection all the way around since Tillman left.
2 - Durant is a great QB but isn't the team leader. This is evident as with the retirement/departure of some heart and soul players there is a huge void in this team as far as leadership goes and you can see it as clear as day in their play - in how they carry themselves on the bench and the "oh well we are loosing again" attitude being displayed.
3 - Too many changes in players - coaching in a very short period. In 4 short years we now have our 3rd head coach and just as many changes in special teams - offense and defensive game play. Throw in all the player changes and you have zero stability on the team - it's always new, always changing.

It's going to be a very long and boring season for Rider fans unless they recognize the problems are not transitional and will not go away with a few more games to jell

these are good points, but,
1 - Marshall, I think, will be a good coach. He is just a complete opposite of Miller. That is a big change for the players.
2 - DD may or may not be a good leader. Only the players can answer that. What I do know is that the past couple of seasons is that he would make statements with his legs when the team needed a boost. Not so much the run, but the run, and not sliding.
3 - i agree. No team in the CFL has lost as many players to the NFL as the Riders over the passed 3 years (I heard it was 11). Also, this is a new receiving corp. Getz's role has changed, Dressler is basically in the same position, JC is in a new role, all others are new. Hopefully that will improve with time or when people come off the injured list...but either way, that is going to be a waiting game. I do feel the O-line is playing very well, but the D-line is horrid on the pass rush. they need to bring someone in...now. They should also consider trying to bring in Eddie Davis as a defensive assistant if he is interested.

I keep reading this on this site but I don’t believe it, either that we lost the most or that it was 11. I bet it’s not more than 6 or 7. Anyone have a list (for our team and the other teams)? It seems like one of those things where, if it is repeated enough, it becomes fact.

I've never done the math on it, but I have heard it at least twice on pregames this year, and i was pretty surprised by the statement as well.