Can we just hit the "re-set" button to this CFL season already??

Won’t get any opposition from me.
This has been brought up.
As big as the Raptors bandwagon became, and the coverage, if the Leafs make it to the finals, the world around us could be WW3 and there would be no coverage until Leafs were done.

I get due to the unbalanced schedule there is going to be has 3 bye weeks for each team, but for an 18 game season that is too much. Players don’t have any full contact practices during the season, and barely any in the preseason. Its too much. 1 around mid season would be fine, but 3, no.

As for spring. For the last 3-4 years, I think our march and april weather has been as bad if not worse than our November weather.

Their revenues keep growing, but most of that is due to inflationary factors and the discovery of more revenue opportunities. Their attendance, TV viewership, sports market share, etc have all been falling for a while now.

If you look at things on an even playing field, the league would bring in almost twice the revenues the NFL does, but it doesn’t. Not even close. Basketball has surpassed it, and even lowly hockey is creeping up into the picture. That wasn’t the case generations ago when the sport was the largest, most financially successful league on earth. Now they aren’t anywhere close to that.

Agreed. 3 bye weeks is a bit much for an 18 game season.

2 was plenty. And hopefully they could find a way to space them out better. A bye for a team in week 2? Thats silly.

Pretty hard to take something away from players once it’s there like bye weeks .

The league is in a sweet spot for Canadian football as much as I would love it August to first week of December like before it’s not workable .

One thing I would like is the old total point series for the division finals of the playoffs .

This would extend the playoffs by one week and give the CFL four weeks of playoff football on Sundays and take us one week further .

The second place team would get two gates out of it .

I agree! I don’t like one sudden death game after a whopping eighteen are played to simply determine playoff pecking order.

I would think the flooding this yr , hurt ottawa’s attendance.

While devastating for those impacted its was a quite small portion of the population that were flooded

This has been a problem with pro football for some time, and in this decade reality has caught up to it because now most fans realize that beyond the spectacle of a great hit, or some dirty clobbering, is often lasting and irreparable damage (which society pays for all too often not the league).

The league takes several steps forward and spends inordinate resources on medical consultation when one effective remedy, psychologically more than fines, is reduced playing time for players.

If you have ever played any team sport, few things are worse since you were a kid than being forced to sit out while watching and knowing while your team could use you right now. That feeling never leaves when you can’t get in the game.