Can WE Do IT ?

who thinks we can barge in on the party this weekend? Is there enough gas in our tanks to make it through another wacky weekend - this one for all the marbles. I think so.

I'm sure we will beat Hamilton. Now the other game is the issue... Will the Riders want to coast into the playoffs and keep it safe or do they want to end their losing streak? That's where the Lions fate will be decided.

Some BC fans keep saying that a win in hamilton should be easy because "they have nothing to play for" which i don't get.Hamilton is a solid team, they're at home, and they're coming off a terrible ass kicking last week, and I'm sure they want to go into the playoffs on a winning note. I think BC is in for a tough game.

In the words of the immortal Bob, the Builder: "YES,WE CAN!!" Then again,...what does Bob know?
I think the biggest concern is whether or not Saskatchewan treats their game as a mere scrimmage or not, Regardless, the Lions need to put that completely out of their minds and play as if it were the Grey Cup itself. If anything, it will go a long way toward bolstering self-respect, but as well the respect and confidence of their fans. They need to win regardless of how Edmonton and Saskathewan does because it sets the tone for next year; it tells us that, hey - maybe these guys finally now have the core to do well next year. Too bad it took a whole year to figure it out, but better discovering that now than midway through next season.

Lions should play harder for 60 min than the ticats, but I get the feeling Otis Floyd will always play his best against the lions, and being the veteran that he is he's sure to pump up his teamates. little uneasy to start with the brewskies at 11am. Go Lions!

who is this WE?

I know I wont be playing.

Is op a member of the lions players or staff??

Thats the question Jimmy.
I mean WE the fanatics. This season WE have had more ups and downs than a new brides pajamas. This season has busted my hump - I'm beat. Forget the players - thats their problem.
But WE are a gonna do IT period er exclamation mark !

It's a coincidence that you mentioned this as a few weeks ago someone who is well known in local football here told me that a staff member contributes to this forum trying to always put a positive light on the team. Don't know who it is but makes me wonder.

Bruce won't be suiting up so I think all you have to do is stop the run and this game should yours for the taking.

Hamilton won't be treating this like a nothing game. The Cats got owned last week and need to end the season on a positive note. But another reason that seems to be forgotten... BC beat Hamilton last year at IWS in the East Semi-final. As a Ticat fan, that stung bad. Since they really have nothing else to play for... they will be playing for revenge.

That being said, BC still has a lot more to play for. And Bruce is out. BC should take it.

Well BC simply needs to win. They can’t be worried about the other game. If they miss the playoffs, they only have themselves to blame. Having said that I still like their chances.

As much as Hamilton can throw the cliches around, this is no doubt a more important game for the Lions. Hamilton really has no incentive and I doubt they’ll give their best effort (consciously or not). As for the Riders…can they really lose 5 games in a row? I guess we’ll find out.

I think they'll give it an effort but I don't think they'll match BC's intensity and urgency. Another thing to consider if you're thinking of betting against BC is the Buono factor. He's alway found a way, let's face it. Even last year he found a way to get in. Lulay's going to have to get the ball away quickly though. He doesn't have the scrambling ability like Printers did so you can expect Hamilton to be pinning their ears back and coming after him. Also, Cats have to be careful with Glenn. They don't want to risk getting him beat up just for a nothing game. They need to go into the playoffs with a QB more than they necessarily have to prove anything going in. If Porter sees action, you know all he's gonna do if fumble. He carries the ball in his hand worse than Casey Printers. I don't see the Cats doing much on Saturday.

Regardless of Hamilton's mental attitude or who they play, the Lions must win. [ a tie and an Edmonton loss would still do it for the Lions]. If Hamilton doesn't go full throttle and also keeps some of its best players on the bench for the playoffs and the Lions still lose then they have only themselves to blame. I can look at any one of 4 games during the season that were for the taking. Had the Lions won any one of those games then a tie in Hamilton would have sealed the deal and it would not matter what Edmonton did. But alas, it did not work out that way cause if the Lions lose then it doesn't matter what Edmonton does.

Saskatchewan has lost 4 in a row and it is the end of the season. Not exactly what I would call "peaking" at the right time is it? Hard to know what's in the mind of the Saskatchewan coach. Does he rest Durant and give the back up QB some real time experience in case Durant gets injured in the playoffs? Does play Durant and all of his starters to work out the bugs that have plagued the team for the past two months?

Anything can happen in a semi- final regardless of the year end standings. Saskatchewan has to be wondering what they need to do to put a complete game together but maybe they feel they can put it all together and regroup regardless of what happens tomorrow.

Something we all need to remember is that I'm sure Edmonton will very much want to "take it to" the Rough Riders. What better reason than to give them a shellacking knowing you'll be meeting them in the western semi-final! I'm sure Saskatchewan does not want that to happen.

Sask isn't as bad as they appear. I can't see them losing to the Eskimos again. I just don't.

[b]BC Wins, Edmonton Loses-WE IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roar Lions Roar! Roar Lions Roar! Roar Lions Roar! Roar Lions Roar! Roar Lions Roar! Roar Lions Roar! Roar Lions Roar! Roar Lions Roar! Roar Lions Roar! Roar Lions Roar! Roar Lions Roar! Roar Lions Roar! Roar Lions Roar! Roar Lions Roar! Roar Lions Roar! Roar Lions Roar! Roar Lions Roar! Roar Lions Roar! Roar Lions Roar! Roar Lions Roar! Roar Lions Roar! Roar Lions Roar! Roar Lions Roar! Roar Lions Roar! Roar Lions Roar! Roar Lions Roar! Roar Lions Roar! Roar Lions Roar! Roar Lions Roar! Roar Lions Roar! Roar Lions Roar! Roar Lions Roar! Roar Lions Roar! Roar Lions Roar! Roar Lions Roar! Roar Lions Roar![/b]

Spidey - yer getting the fur on my back all jacked up.
PS the killer is me (attached to all of Katmando missives) may have had the best post of the YEAR!

[b]That's the spirit, Greatmystic. Now We Are Ready To Win It All!

Roar Lions Roar! Roar Lions Roar! Roar Lions Roar! Roar Lions Roar! Roar Lions Roar! Roar Lions Roar! Roar Lions Roar! Roar Lions Roar! Roar Lions Roar! Roar Lions Roar! Roar Lions Roar! Roar Lions Roar! Roar Lions Roar! Roar Lions Roar! Roar Lions Roar! Roar Lions Roar! Roar Lions Roar! Roar Lions Roar! Roar Lions Roar! Roar Lions Roar! Roar Lions Roar! Roar Lions Roar! Roar Lions Roar! Roar Lions Roar! Roar Lions Roar! Roar Lions Roar! Roar Lions Roar! Roar Lions Roar! Roar Lions Roar! Roar Lions Roar! Roar Lions Roar! Roar Lions Roar! Roar Lions Roar! Roar Lions Roar! Roar Lions Roar! Roar Lions Roar! Roar Lions Roar! Roar Lions Roar! Roar Lions Roar! Roar Lions Roar! Roar Lions Roar! Roar Lions Roar! [/b]

[b]We Did It GreatMystic. B C In the playoffs and we are going to take the Grey Cup Home to BC

ROAR LIONS ROAR!, ROAR LIONS ROAR!, ROAR LIONS ROAR!, ROAR LIONS ROAR!, ROAR LIONS ROAR!, ROAR LIONS ROAR!, ROAR LIONS ROAR!, ROAR LIONS ROAR!, ROAR LIONS ROAR!, ROAR LIONS ROAR!, ROAR LIONS ROAR!, ROAR LIONS ROAR!, ROAR LIONS ROAR!, ROAR LIONS ROAR!, ROAR LIONS ROAR!, ROAR LIONS ROAR!, ROAR LIONS ROAR!,[/b]

wouldn't that be nice Spidey - good calls by you. fasten yer seatbelt - don't look back!

Don't intend to. Roar Lions Roar!!!!!