CAN THE ARGOS SELLOUT THE EAST FINAL?

He/She is in Korea.

I'm going to predict no more than 45,000 attend.

It is NOT 4.6…SORRY.Thats not what our sign says…and it may now has grown to 3 million.

To answer the question of the main post:

NO.

It is funny...If the ARGOS don't sell the game out...does that mean we are some how , less worthy? FOOTBALL, is huge in QUEBEC, more so than it is here.

But what remains to be seen , since THE HABS are back and doing well.

Will the MONTREAL fan base still go to games after a couple of losing seasons? They have folded 2 times before. And they lost the EXPOS?

But for now...well done MONTREAL FANS!

Toronto fans are almost pathetic and I think the population of the GTA is something like 5.2 million and 3.5million in Montreal.

WE DON'T HAVE A POPULATION OF , 5.2 million.

And we haven't folded 2 times , like the CFL MONTREAL teams have.And we still have our baseball team.

5.2, no, unless you count Hamilton and the srounding cities.

Ontario has a population of over 10 million and believe me, half of them are within reach of Toronto!

Montreal has nothing to prove to Toronto as far as fan support and fan noise goes. The Als and the Expos left because of cheap, poor ownership, not because of lack of fans! If we has ownership like the Blue Jays have we would be selling out every game in an outdoor downtown Ballpark.

Ontario’s Population: 11,410,046

Toronto’s Population (GTA): 4,682,897
That Number Is Taken From June 15th 2001 So The Cities Population Has Gone Up Since Then, But It’s Including The Fallowing:
Ajax, Aurora, Bradford West Gwillimbury, Brampton, Caledon, East Gwillimbury, Georgina (Keswick), Halton Hills, Markem, Milton, Mississauga, New Tecumseth, Newmarket, Oakville, Orageville, Pickering, Richmond Hill, Vaughan, Whitchurch-Stouffville, And Of Coarse The City Of Toronto.

Right Now Most People Estimate The Population At 5 200 000. However It’s Not Fair To Say That That’s 5.2 Million That Should Be Supporting Argos. The Distance From Keswick Or Allison (New Tecumseth) To The Skydome Is About An Hour And A Half Without Heavy Traffic. Plus There’s So Many Other Sports Teams In The Area That The Argos Have To Compete With, Such As; The Marlies, Rock, Ice Dogs, Blue jays, Leafs, Lynx, Battalion, Ti-Cats, Storm, And Other Leagues Like The Ethnic Soccer League, OHL, Minor Hockey, And CIS. So Don’t Blame Us If We Don’t Have The Highest Attendance Ratings In The League.

TOLD YA the population was 4.6 million.....taken from a government website as of 2001.

this was just added to the ARGOS website:

If you are not a season ticket holder, all tickets will be released for sale to the general public on Tuesday, November 8. More information on general sales will follow shortly.

if you ARE a season ticket holder, then don't buy section 132 until drumming_god has his tix first.

its dumb that they are waiting until november the 8th for tix to go on sale to the general public....that only gives them a week and a half to sell ALL REMANING SEATS......i woulndn't doubt it if they only get 45 000 people there with this crap policy.....
i say: give season ticket holders until october 31st ( one week ), then everyone else can get them on november 1st...that way, they have 19 days to get rid of the remaning tickets.

I received my playoff ticket order form today in the mail, and I agree with d_g: the on sale date for the general public is WAY too close to the date of the playoff game. Should the Argos totally collapse (heaven forbid) and end up in 2nd, then they'd only have FIVE days to sell seats to the general public for the East Semi? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't remember the Double Blue in recent memory having a huge walk-up crowd.

As for the start times, even if the Boatmen do host the East Final, they're still booking the game for 3PM (same time if they endup hosting the Semi). I think they're hoping that those early along the SCP route could hop on the TTC and bolt it to the Dump for the game.

THANK YOU mongo...i just e-mailed the argos website my complaint.

and also recommended they play the WEST division finals on the jumbo-tron before or after the argo-game....depending on what time the west final starts.... fans that stay to watch would surely add to the concessions take on the day! :wink:

i won't beable to get from the dome to my house in time for the west final....

... If you are not a season ticket holder, all tickets will be released for sale to the [b]general public on Tuesday, November 8[/b]. More information on general sales will follow shortly. ...
Argos should take a cue from Lions management here. The playoff tickets have been on sale here for weeks now even though 1st place was even less clear the couple of weeks ago. http://www.ticketmaster.ca/artist/890988?list_view=1

exactly...i knew the lions were selling playoff tickets weeks ago, and i thought the argos would start selling thiers immediatly after clinching a spot....argos management is screwing up this, potentially, BIG MONEY MAKER.

I know the feeling, d_g. I live out in “East Scarlem” and it takes me a good hour to get from the Dome to my place. If the braintrust decides against airing the West Final, I posted a possible alternative in one of the Argos vs. Montreal threads where you could boot it up John St. at Adelaide and watch the game at Hooters. They should be airing the game on at least a couple of their sets. Granted, its no Jumbotron, but at least you can soak up some of the “atmosphere” while chowing down on some wings and a couple Buds.

Speaking of being ignored by the media here in the "Center of the Universe", yet another example by the "Canadian" left wing Toronto Star. A very small article on PAGE 8 by not the regular writer Rick Matsumoto, instead some turkey Donova Vincent. Get this, cricket of all sports got a bigger page 3 write up with a large photo of some Pakistan player????

That's bizarre argotom. You would think that a Toronto paper would want be more Canadian and show Canadian pride. Weird stuff but I don't know who "runs" that paper and what the hidden agendas are.

NO , ALAX , MISS [has lots of TI-CAT fans] and all of the other smaller cities ARE NOT , part of METRO TORONTO. :smiley: