can the Als STOP BC'S unbeaten record???

i think, that if anyones gonna beat BC, its gonna be the ALOUETTES next week!!!...the lions are gonna go to 10-1 and montreal will show the CFL THEY are the BEST team when they want to be!

i think they SHOT themselves in the foot one-to-many times, and are gonna finish SECOND, behind the ARGOS in the east, but will host OTTAWA in round one ( in the BIG O ), and destroy them!

if, somehow BC gets the job done against the Als, then they are gonna finish the year 18-0, cuz noone else can stop them!

I think the Al's have a good chance of beating us...not guaranteed, but the possibility is there. Just like Edmonton has a chance at beating us, and Toronto had a chance at beating us. Thankfully, the Lions are still concentrating on each game as it comes. They have not gotten cocky, they are not acting like any particular game is a foregone conclusion.

We play the Al's twice, and Edmonton twice, and all 4 games have the potential to be a loss for the Leos. Winnipeg...well, that'll probably be as much of a wipeout as the Ottawa game was. Sask...you never know, the Leos seem to have a tough time every time they play the 'Riders. One thing that sucks, both times we play Edmonton, we play them in Edmonton...that I think will be tough on the Lions...they aren't used to playing outdoors, and it gets coooold in Edmonton in October. They may practice outside here in BC, but even in October, it's still relatively warm here on the coast. Weather may be the deciding factor for the Lions in any of the away games in October.

NO WAY IN HELL CAN CALVILLO AND THE BOYS BEAT BC... ISN'T GONNA HAPPEN .... MONTREAL IS SLIDING DOWN HILL VERY FAST AND ARE IN DESPERATE NEED OF CHANGES (LOOK AT THE BOMBERS FROM BEST TO WORST) IN 5 YEARS ... YOU ARE DOOMED FOR THE SAME FATE AS US BOMBER FANS ... ENJOY THE SUCCESS WHILE YOU CAN BOYS ...

HW … I THINK YOU AND THE LEOS ARE TAKING WINNIPEG JUST A LITTLE LIGHTLY … REMEMBER WE BEAT MONTREAL THIS YEAR ONCE … AND YOU SAY THAT MONTREAL HAS A GREAT CHANCE OF ENDING YOUR STREAK … MAYBE … BUT MONTREAL IS ON THE DECLINE AS WELL … NOT AS FAST AS OUR BOMBERS… BUT WE HAVE THE TALENT TO BEAT YOU … OUR DUMB A$$ COACH JUST DOESN’T KNOW HOW TO USE OUR TALENT … WINNIPEG 33- BC 14 WITH SPURGIN WYNN AT QB

The 3-9 bombers are gonna beat the 10-0 lions????
ya anything is possible but not everything is likely

I beg to differ. The difference between what might happen to the als in a few years and what happened to the bombers is that the als have one of if not the best GM in the league. No one fills holes better than Jim Popp. The proof of that is that hte offense lost three 1000 yard receivers early in the season or in the offseason and yet Calvillo is a couple big games away from being on track for a second 6000 yard season and 5000 yards is a foregone conclusion at this point assuming no injury. The defence is a few tweaks away from being back at the top and with the best offensive line in the league the chances of calvillo getting injured is slim so he would likley have a long career

I think the Leos don't take teams lightly , Wally makes sure they don't . That's what I think is part of his reason for success . His players are always focused. And , BTW ,Spurgin Wynn was let go by the Lions because they had two new QB's lined up who were better than Wynn . :wink:

and Wynn is good...so that really says something about the Leo's depth at QB.

I'm not terribly optimistic about my Als winning this week. I just don't think we're the team to beat the Lions this year. Face it, we lost both games last year when we were on top of the league. This year, our secondary is somewhat suspect, our rush ends can't seem to find the QB, and we're having problems with red-zone production. I'll cheer for my Als until the final second but I'm not holding my breath.

That being said, B.C. have looked vulnerable at times this year. They can be beaten. The thing is that whoever does beat them has to play mistake-free football for 60 minutes to do it. Will the Als do it? Perhaps. Hopefully Whitley will be back at halfback and Karikari will improve his tackling. One weak tackle and Geroy Simon is in the endzone. Let's go D!

If the question is: CAN the Als beat BC? The answer is yes.

If the question is: WILL the Als beat BC in BC Place while the Lions momentum is rolling like never before? The answer is doubtful.

Cahoon, Landry and Whitley all return this week
Possability that Kevin Johnson is benched for Jeremiah Garrison?

With those three back, it improves the odds for the Al’s…

Great to have Landry, Cahoon and Whitley back. Cahoon's return makes our receiver situation interesting. Who gets bumped from the four-receiver set? Watkins and Vaughn obviously stay, as does Anderson, who should probably move back to wideout to let the quick midgets (Cahoon & Vaughn) play the slot. But this means that Stala and Girard will see less playing time than usual unless Montreal goes with a five-receiver set on more plays, doubtful because Vilimek is a great blocking fullback and A.C. is going to need the extra protection against Ritchie's defence.

But I'm not sure about substituting a 23-year-old rookie for K.J. in the middle. I know Johnson has struggled this year but now is not the time to throw a rookie in the fire against the best team in the league, NFL experience or not. Christ, Matthews, learn from your mistakes! Ray burned our rookie DBs in the 2003 Grey Cup. Then he torched our rookie halfback during our last game against Edmonton. Dickenson is fully capable of using the running game if he thinks we have a weakness at middle linebacker, and one missed assignment or gap cancellation could mean a TD run for Antonio Warren. I still think Johnson can get the job done. Let him play.

Well my two cents' worth is much the same as discipline's.....can't see throwing a CFL rookie in at MLB at this point in the season, recognizing that Johnson has not had a stellar year.

Last game we saw more of our old pressure defence; we need more of the same on Saturday......the one, and perhaps only, weakness of the BC juggernaut is pass protection....Dickenson et al do seem to get sacked more than most other teams, so that to me will be the key; if we can get to the QB often to disrupt them, we have a chance....but that's all it is, a chance; our record playing these guys in BC (as opposed to being at home).

The Don does have a nice quandary with our overabundance of receivers....it will be interesting to see how he handles it. For my money, I'd use Girard and Anderson wide, Cahoon and Vaughn in the slot, Stala as 5th receiver, and only use Watkins when we go to a six receiver set (or not even dress Watkins and use Wilson as the 6th guy). I'm probably out to lunch on this, but while the Als' braintrust seems to think the world of Watkins, I'm still not sold on him.

The good news is that you can clearly see that the Als are improving as the season is going on, fielding there strongest offensive lineup of the season this weekend. But it is only there first game all together, and it's in BC. I don't know if they are ready to peak just yet, but they should have a strong finish to the season and be ready for the playoffs.
I agree with you guys and wouldn't start a rookie at MLB against the unbeaten Lions. Let him play, Johnson will know that he will have to have a great game or he sits the next one. And yeah the defense has to keep up the high pressure QB attack. It's good Whitly is back.

Everything in the game Saturday hinges on the BC defense. If the D-line can get to Calvillo and the pass coverage is good then BC should win nicely. If the Al's offensive line can hold off the BC rush (which the Als have not done well all year) then the game will be close.
Dickenson needs to be on-target and healthy and the BC recievers need to be sharp, but if I were a betting man I'd favour BC by 10.

I think the Als have allowed the least sacks or close to it in the league and probably have the best O-line and have scored the most points and you say they haven't protected the QB well all year?

Yeah, I was going to say the same thing! :slight_smile: Not sure on what basis he’s making that argument since the Als have arguably the best O-line in the league. Calvillo rarely gets hit and usually has time to make his reads. And they’ve been run-blocking like gangbusters for Robert Edwards. The offensive line is one part of our game that I’m NOT worried about.

MadJack: are you serious about Watkins? The guy leads the team in receiving yards and the league in receptions. He’s on track for 1000 yards and has more than proven himself filling the wideout spot. Yes he had a case of the dropsies early in the season, but that’s all gone now. Take him away and you take away our most potent receiving threat. If any of the existing receivers rides the bench with Cahoon’s return, it should be Vaughn, who has underperformed this year; he and A.C. just can’t seem to get on the same page. But no way would I take Watkins out of the 4-receiver set.

Hey I told you I was out in left field on that one about Watkins; I don't know what it is, I just don't have a good feeling about him. I know he's on pace for 1,000, because they have been forcefeeding him as the go-to guy.

There does, I agree, seem to be some problem about Vaughn, not quite sure what it is. The good thing, I think we can all agree on, is that Cahoon's return sends Wilson to the inactive list.

Anything is possible in the CFL. If your defense plays great and can beat our questionable O-line, you might just run us out of QB's.

I expect an offensive show, especially with Cahoon back. I expect an air show, maybe 800 yards passing between the two offenses. ( I expected the same against Edmonton, and boy I was wrong there)