Can the ALS go undefeated?

They look head and shoulders above the rest of the league scoring 40+ in every game. Best AlS team I have seen. Watch us lose now to the Ticats. LOL

Speaking as an Als fan, no, they won't go undefeated, and that's a good thing. Defense aside, this team is still very much a work in progress, and needs to encounter some adversity in order to be a better, tougher team in the playoffs. When your team puts the ball on the ground four times in a single game, it is in need of improvement.

:lol: :lol: not a chance and it was stupid comment during the game by the commentators. and not fair to the Als

Agreed 100%. I like Cuthbert, but he was wrong to bring it up this early in the season, and to be fair, Suitor did gently mock him for doing so.

Look, the Pats went 16-0 two years ago in the regular season but lost the biggest game of all -- the Superbowl. Nobody cares about being undefeated except the media. Our goal is to hoist the damn Grey Cup, not worry about whether people think our team will be unbeaten in 2009.

That'll happen now. Last year I asked if the Als could go 10-0 in the Eastern Division, and then they lost to Hamilton.

...if the Alouettes go undefeated this year that means they will have won every game they played in....

Thank you, Rod Black. :lol:

No way they go undefeated. Real good team though.

Right now it's looking real good, the Als are far and away the best and there is a big drop off from the rest of the league.

Yeah but to go undefeated would mean an entire season with

• No serious injuries
  • No bad bounce
  • No off day

Not only would they have to be the best team in the history of the league but also the most lucky both in the same season...

And did you know that Jarrett Payton is the son of NFL great Walter Payton?

Yes. And I'm sure the Bears great would be proud of him anyway.

...the NFL Bears play in Chicago and it is affectionately known as the 'Windy City'....

if there is one team i hate it's the als. i can't deny that they're a talented team, they just seem too cocky :?

Cocky, really? I'm curious as to what makes you say that. Trestman is certainly not cocky, and Calvillo and Cahoon aren't exactly Terrell Owens in the swagger department.

No, of course the Alouettes won't go undefeated, they still have to play the Ticats...! :wink:

What does that have anything to do with this topic? the als already know the 3 plays bellefiuelle has in his playbook from the nightmarish season where he was the OC: Pointless and predictable run up the gut, screen pass to the RB, and 3 yard out pass in the hopes that the receiver can make everyone miss on his own

I don't know that we'll ever see a team go undefeated, it's just too long of a grinding schedule.

That said, the Ticats did beat the Als last year.

You would never make a good Blue Bomber scout... :lol:

In recent decades, no pro team is undefeated in football and perhaps other sports. Still too early to predict a perfect season. All teams fluctuate in performance over the long term. So the chance of being undefeated is still a remote probability.