Can Maas throw ?

you knopw what all this bad talk about Maas and his arm, makes me worried about some things…

if he cant throw then that makes it bad on the WR’s…that puts them in a bind to not make plays or to get hurt…

Nice to read your objective comments, Gargoyle.

I was not a fan of Jason, as a person,
or of his performance last year but

It was obvious from the first practice
that he is throwing better this year

He has confidence in his throwing ability.

In the early part of the season, no QB
working with a brand new set of receivers
can be expected to be in sync with them.

That difficulty is compounded by
working with a brand new Offence

It takes time to develop a feel for
the new Offence and each receiver.

P.S.

Jason can avoid reading these forums
but he can't avoid hearing the fans at IWS.

Even though I'm not a fan of Jason
as a person, I am a fan of the Ticats

Most the fans at Ivor Wynne cheer
loudly for his successful plays.

In an ideal world, the chances of success
for the Ticats would be improved if those fans
poisoned by Jason's last year performance

restrained from mercilessly dumping on him
right from the first error that he makes.

P.S.S.

Right now, I feel light bulbs being turned on
in the minds of many, many wayward fans

I sense the joy many repentant fans are feeling

as they purge the devil from within themselves

and renew their spiritual commitment
to their beloved Tiger Cats.

Thanks in advance. :smiley:

Of course he can throw, c’mon guys give him ANOTHER chance AGAIN…he can OVERthrow, UNDERthrow, throw INT’s, throw it out of BOUNDS… and make everyone watching THROW-up…nuff said, oh ya throw 5yrds, certainly nothing longer than that, well maybe one per game!!! way to keep Calgary guessing guys.

Go back to your family Maas, nobody wants you here!!!

What a great assessment (one of the many reasons why I keep him around) :wink:

You make a very valid point about him not having confidence in his receivers yet. That might explain why he was using Ralph, since he’s the only returning receiver and Maas knows him the best.

PS. Hushcat, speak for yourself.

Re Gargoyle,
Sure, there are different reasons for different plays etc...but....the question is why he doesn't throw the ball long---ever. I'm worried it's because he can't physically do it.

[quote]In comparison to Burris, Maas still did well. Burris' throws were off - a bit short in deep passes, and behind receivers on crossing patterns/slants. However, the Calgary receivers still made the catches or interference was called. Have faith; Maas can still be effective.

Huh? Gargoyle, this puzzles me.....Maas did well compared to Burris? On Saturday? The last game? The one I watched? 37 to 9?
Hmmmm

An excellent point I do not remember ever being brought up on this forum. I’ll expand.

While receivers are expected to be talented enough to make plays in the tough enviroment of professional football, it is beyond the call of duty to ask them to risk the lifespan of their playing career EVERY PASS that comes their way.

At the professional football level every pass play a receiver expects and risks being tackled by a defender with a killer instinct. Sure, quality receivers make quality receptions but when passes are routinely overthrown, underthrown, thrown behind, thrown low, or even thrown slowly game after game, those receivers are unfairly being set up to be a ‘contract hit.’

As much as a professional QB doesn’t wish to be a tackling dummy behind a woefully inept O-line, professional receivers have no inkling to shorten their career through injury by continually attempting to compensate for a woefully inadequate QB.

The dreadfully poor level at which Jason Maas has performed for over a year with the Tiger Cats has had a devestating effect on all the teams receivers.
He is a grave danger to their career longevity.

There is no room in pro sports for amateurish play. Some body can get killed.

It’s no wonder so many receivers have appeared to quit on Jason Maas!

If that were true, then Holmes would have his first touchdown of the year

TB1, my point is that Burris’ accuracy in his throws is lacking as well, but his receivers adjusted and made the catch to help him look good. And intimating that the result of the loss rests squarely on Maas’ shoulders is completely facetious.

It’s not to say that he didn’t miss any reads, but for the most part, he took what was there.