Can I Opt-Out of CFL.ca News items in CFL Forums

I find so very, very few of the CFL.ca News stories informative, or even interesting, that I would like to be able to not have then clutter my CFL Forums.

Is this possible?

I already removed many subjects…it takes a bit of work at first , removing several topics but easily manageable afterwards, when you’re on a topic you don’t want look at the bottom of the page, you should see a “bell icon” and the word “Normal” pulldown. Tap it. At the bottom of the pulldown you’ll see “muted” tap that and you won’t see anything on that topic again.

I already do that … I am tired of having to do that for EVERY thread that comes from CFL.ca News

If you haven’t done it yet you can go to categories and choose which ones appear to you. For example, you would want to make sure the Montreal Alouette category appears, while likely not any other team category. I do that for the Bombers. You can essentially create your own menu of categories that appear and anything else you would manually have to look for.

I don’t know if you can opt out of CFL.ca News as it is one of the main categories. Maybe you have already tried what I suggested and it won’t let you opt out. If not then you should try it. If it doesn’t work I think that only @GridironGirl would be able to tell you if there is another way to opt out.

2 Likes

Try going to your profile. Then select “users”. search for profile “system”. See if you can ignore. I haven’t tried it but it’s the only thing I can think of.

1 Like

bell icon, top right corner of any category - change your category notification level to muted

1 Like

note: this also works at the topic (thread) level. go to the bell icon at the bottom of the topic and select muted or whatever.

1 Like