Can he coach........or can he coach........

The biggest signing in the off season.....was know dought....Head Coach Taaffe.
Taaffe.... along with the other coach's are putting.. Pride.. back into the Cats.
You could tell that each player was giving 110% in the game....play in and play out. More cuts will be coming...and still... more after next weeks game.
And by the time the regular season starts...Charlie will field a team....that just may turn some heads..and suprise.. a hell of a lot of others.....this year. :thup: :thup:

hmmm..didnt the cats go undefeated in preseason last year too?

Yes the did Drummer Dog...
But this not same Group of men playing and Coaching..

Now that win dose mean where playoff bound by any means.

It dose show that Players are getting it .
That maybe if Players Countine to buy into Charie System .. There may be Playoff Spot in 2007

Then d_g will be, as they say, eating crow. :lol:

In any pro league; in any sport...

the Head Coach should be the best paid employee! A good, well-paid coach can work wonders with underrated players!

I don't know what Charlie's makin' this year- but I hope it's $1 more than anybody else!!!

He can coach! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

As I've posited eleswhere on this board, Charlie Taaffe is the best Xs-and-Os head coach in the East. He and his staff will put players in a position to compete. The key will be to execute.

Oski Wee Wee,

The biggest signing in the off season.....was know dought....Head Coach Taaffe.
Agreed!
hmmm..didnt the cats go undefeated in preseason last year too?
Yes. I don't think people are overly celebrating the win as much as they are the optimistic about the mood and atmosphere around the team. Been great competition in camp.

You Cats fans landed yourself a great coach. Taaffe will turn your team around, and I'm really upset that Jim Popp didn't even consider him for the vacant head coaching job in Montreal. Taaffe knows his football and won't tolerate less than 100% effort from his players.

No doubt he is a good coach , but what a difference it means to a head coach to have veteran coordinators to make things run smoother . He can now look after his specialty which is Offence . I wish Greg Marshall would of done the same thing when he was hired !!!!

Good luck Charlie !!!!!

im just sayin...dont get too excited too soon.

We know Rome was not Built in day Dg.

I am hoping for 8 to 10 wins
3rd in the East Maybe Playoff Spot.
anything more is Gravy

I don't think anyone is overly optimistic. That was last year.

This year, we have no idea what to expect from an entire new group of players and coaches.

Our new coach (and his staff) definitely instill a quiet confidence amongst us. The trick, as mentioned, is in the execution. We still don't know what to FULLY expect from our rookie co-ordinators, but Taffe's offensive influence will make us all feel better than we did in the Baressi, Pao Pao days.

It's wait and see time. I don't think that we'll be out-coached this year...like we were in the last few years.