Can anyone explain the western conference final standings?

Ah yes, it was too early in the morning I guess hehe.

Every time I think I’ve outsmarted the rule makers (I also thought rule one was unnecessary, but it’s not cause of ties), there’s a tiny loophole that I didn’t consider that they did.

wish it was just the combined total number of points scored by those two to three games, like A:7 B:10 in game 1, A:14 B:10 in game 2, adds up to A:21 B:20 and team A advances ahead of team B, that’s alot understandable that this PF-PA stuff.

Cross over is a different beast, I;m talking about using PF-PA in the extreme case that it has to go league wide.

I’m just not a fan of it and like to see other methods used in addition to it, least just leave it at that. Let’s all be glad that most ties are broken commonly by season series, and if not, by adding up the scores of all games.

3. Who has the better points for minus points against from the season series;
then my example would be the same result, because 21 minus 20 would be 1 in favor of Team A, seems a bit silly to do it that way, but not matter, its pretty much the same thing.

If three or more teams are tied in the same division, wouldn't it make sense to just skip right to rule number 5?

No, you would look at each team's record against the other two teams, combined. First number of wins, then points scored minus points allowed, then points scored divided by points allowed.

ok then, not a big fan of that, but no matter, but I can’t see them using season series for that, is that even possible?

That basically is the season series they're looking at ...

Let's say that at the end of the season, Team A, Team B and Team C all have the same number of points. First you check to see if any of them have more wins (since a team that has one win and two ties would have the same number of points as a team with two wins and one loss).

If they all have the same number of wins, which is the case 98% of the time, then you look at their head-to-head record. Say each of those teams played each other three times. Team A won all three games against Team B and against Team C. Team B won all three games against Team C, but lost all three games to Team A. Team C lost all three games to both Team A and Team B. Hence, clearly Team A deserves to win the tiebreaker. Their record against the other tied teams is 6-0; Team B's is 3-3; and Team C's is 0-6.