Can Als start playing some football.

Finally someone who can see straight

Well , he is an important part now of the ARGOS now and should gain back the confidence that he lost . He also had a TD catch and 82 total yards.

Hey I am not trying to take-away his game but listening to the the anouncers last night and then reading all the gushing remarks here is a bit much.
I would not rate his play anybetter than O.K last night

I do agree with you on that one.........L. P...........tends to go on and on and on............. :roll:

« What time is it? »...

It's time for the Don to pull his head out of his arse!

I know the Don should not be the only one to blame for the Als' recent lack of success. But he certainly deserves a huge part of the blame. Would he let his ego aside for a second, he could possibly realize his defensive unit isn't working at all. He should stop benching the capable players, but he won't do it because he gives into vendetta and punishes over and over the guys he just doesn't like.

The Als had the best defensive squad of the whole league last year and they now have a bottom-tier one. Talk about a dump.

A few observations.

• Kelly Malveaux. Can anyone tell me how Kelly Malveaux could survive as a starter in this league over the years? This is totally beyond me. He's never anywhere near the WR he's supposingly covering and always try to tackle guys with one hand, though he's a lightweight. Not going to happen dude.

• Tim Strickland. That guy's always refered to as the defensive captain. Wouldn't it be time for the defensive captain to start motivating his squad? Wouldn't it be time for the defensive captain to actually start showing the example by effectively tackling someone?

• Kwame Cavil. End of the second quarter. The Als are 2 and 1 at the Argos' 6 yards line. Out of the f*cking blue, Cavil poke O'Shea in the eyes and pushes Fletcher to the ground. Next thing you know, it's 2 and 16 from the Argos' 21 yards line. BRA-VO Cavil. He should be benched. You can let such behaviour happen in a sport that depends so bad on teamwork.

• Refs. Horrible night for the refs. This is not an excuse, as I think the refs blew many calls on both sides. Diving catches ruled as incompletions, holding never called, offside penalties when it should have been procedural ones... Booo!

• Congratulations to John Avery on his 28 yards rushing "breakout night". What a lameduck. At least, that was an aspect of the game were we were stronger.

• Kerry Watkins. Can anyone tell me why this guy get about 50% of the pass attempted by Calvillo? There are Cahoon, Vaughn, Cavil and Stala on the field, as well as runners capable of catching the ball. Watkins should be a insurance policy, not a go-to guy.

• Noel Prefontaine. Man. Is this guy good! Won't he ever be free agent? Have the Argos signed him for life?

And now, about positive things.

• Richard Karikari. This guy is good. Very good. It was time he became a starter. Along with Duane Butler, he's the only guy in our defensive unit that tries from the begining through the end. Now if only we could find such guys to fill the other 10 positions...

• Kicks in the nuts. Yeah, I know this is rarely something positive, but I believe the Als' lack of success might just help them realize they now have to work to win games. The talent overflow ended with last season. Now, we must compensate our loss of talented players by true sweat and pain. I believe it is a good thing that the Als actually have to fight for a playoff spot this year because it could help avoid the traditional playoffs collapse due to overconfidence.

• Women. There were a bunch of Blue Thunder Cheerleaders sitting in our section, about six rows above us. Whatever they look like in the cheer-choice section of this site, in real life, they are true hotties. At some point, I was looking in their area (for no particular reason, of course) and one of them looked at me straight in the eyes, and smiled. For a second, I forgot how badly we were being raped on the field. I came to the conclusion that every guy should have his own cheerleader.

Cheers to you all, and I certainly hope Winnipeg can get themselves another win next Monday.

pLAYER OF THE GAME WAS NO DOUBT DAMON ALLEN. HE MADE THE BIG PLAYS EVERY TIME!!! WELL DONE DAMON- YOU OLD FART!!

I think itz better for the Als to screw up now than later...

you sure can't blame calvillo for that one. malveaux should be feeling some heat. allen and co picked him apart. can't blame lapointe either. i know he is an rb but does he ever run like a fb. very effective though. can't argue too much with his >6 yard/touch over his career. at least that is what they said he had on tsn.

Eric Lapointe is not the most talented back in the league, but he definately is one of the hardest working, and that's how he got himself a carrer and a starting job. Did you guys notice how he always seemed to push it harder through multiple tacklers to get an extra yard? He reminds me of Eric Lucas, the former boxing champion. Not the most talented boxer, but made his way to the gold through dedication to training and being a workhorse.

Beside, Lapointe is about the only Alouette (beside Vilimek) who won't dive when tacklers get a hand on him. All our receivers do that. The minute they feel the tackle is coming, they dive. Lapointe stays up and fight, just in case he would break a tackle and run free for some more yardage. You have to love that.

the AL’S better start shopping for some help in the defensive secondary…they reminded me alot of the Bombers last year…couldn’t cover a reciever if their life depended on it…and one arm tackles don’t work in any league; period…Someone mentioned to me , during the game, that Calvillo looked like he hurt his throwing arm …and in the latter stages of the first half couldn’t get alot on the ball…enough of those excuses for Mont. though…I think their is a much more deep-seated problem with that lack lustre effort …internal problems and losing some pretty good free agent players could be coming back to haunt them… also trades like Mudge for Fianconni could be pi&&ing some people off …Bombers look like they won that one so far… :!: