Camp Battles - WR

Looks like they don’t have a choice on that, unless they can find another experienced national receiver somewhere.

Drew Edwards @scratchingpost BREAKING: #Ticats WR @swatt89 has a torn Achilles and will miss the 2015 #CFL season. #CFL
Ugh!

I think they'll definitely have to deal a player & swap 1st round picks with someone in the Top 4 of the draft in order to assure themselves of grabbing Durant or Demski. Probably look for a vet NI cast-off from one of the other team's training camps.

Although not spectacular, he is dependable ... Perhaps Matt Carter out of Ottawa?

I can’t see Ottawa letting Carter go, given that the only other backup for Sinopoli is Scott Macdonell, who saw limited action in his rookie season last year.

You spot on there. It’d be hard to get him off. Just “wishing” at this point.

There are 3 top ranked NI receivers in the draft, one of Durant, Demski or Addison Richards should be available
I would love Demski or Durant

Aprile and Coates just got a huge opportunity

Very true. Problem is that this scouting bureau ranking has many at the top who won't be drafted at the top since they'll either get drafted this weekend in the NFL Draft or will get camp invites from NFL teams late Sunday & Monday. Covington, Boyko, Varga are definitely in that group. Which means everything moves up 3 spots.

Ottawa & Winnipeg in my mind will be going Oline by taking Mateas & Groulx most likely. Toronto picks next & probably goes either Oline or Dline.

You very well may have one of Durant or Demski fall to you at 8th pick, but it's a risk. If you want to assure yourself of getting either one of them, you'll have to move up to grab either. You may luck out though.

Yep Matt and Giovanni have to step up now HUGE, HUGE loss,In Spencer Watt and so the Injury bug continues for this team

Down to 11

Is Woodson practicing at RB, or at receiver? I’m thinking there’s more room for him at receiver that at runningback.

I wouldn't have called Koch being cut!

With Watt, hurt, Fantuz(obviously), Coats, and Aprile are all safe.

Coaches like Underwood, and Toliver. The sure handed - team first Grant I would hope is a lock, and McDuffie is an asset because of his ability to return kicks. McDuffie is inconsistent, and could get bumped out by another WR that can return kicks.

On the Bubble, Tim Smith, and Deon Anthony, and possibly Sinkfield, or Tolliver

Coming out of camp;

17 Tasker, Luke WR International
1 Underwood, Tiquan WR International
14 Sinkfield, Terrell WR International
16 Banks, Brandon WR International
84 Grant, Bakari WR International
19 McDuffie, Quincy WR International (PR/IR guy)

83 Fantuz, Andy WR National
81 Coates, Matt WR National
88 Aprile, Giovanni WR National

I smell a draft pick at WR coming.

@CFiO - Drew reported that Woodson was lining up at SB, a position he played last season when Durie was out with a broken collar bone. Frankly, we have the ratio strength to start 7 Nationals WITHOUT needing to rely on 2 National receivers, so I think he would be an emergency backup for Fantuz if/when he gets injured.