Cameron Wake a Dolphin

TSN is reporting that Cameron Wake has signed a 4 year deal with the Dolphins. They report that there was a lot of up front guaranteed cash.

Good for him....too bad for the CFL.

His contract is for $4.9 million with a guarantee of $1-million.

The largest contract ever signed by a CFL player heading to the NFL.

Lions roster getting ravaged....also read on the weekend that Logan might be heading south...tough for Lions org. That's 3 with possibly a fourth leaving in one off season.

When you have stud athletes this is what happens.
Lets see if Craig Smith and Ray Shivers can replace some of these guys with good athletes.
Cam Wake can not be replaced and that loss will hurt.
BC also will probably lose 1 of their 2 all Canadian offensive tackles as well...hopefully to us!

Good Glad he in NFL now
Every CFL QB is new Exhaling with Relief

This deal is good for 3 reasons...

1. Good for Cameron Wake. He deserves it!
  2. Good for the CFL. It shows ignorant CFL bashers that there is great talent in our league.
  3. It's good for the Ticats. When we play BC we no longer have to worry about that human wrecking ball causing havoc on us!

He just now has to prove that he can play the way he did in the CFL in the NFL.

He has a 4 year deal but he can be cut at any time and not paid another cent.

I think he will be a good rusher. Not a great one, but a good one. He'll be in the league for 7 or 8 years.

I think he will see more double teams, more chip blocks from tight ends, full back and running backs.

I predict 7 sacks if he make the Phins this year.

Anyone know if they are planning on playing him at DE or converting him to an outside LB?

8) According to the article, the Dolphins will move Wake back to outside linebacker spot to take advantage of his speed and quickness. That was his natural position at Penn State.

Bill Parcells had scouts watching Cameron almost every game.

CLICK HERE

While I'm happy for the guy, I hate to see the CFL lose one of its legitimate stars. He made the league better.

An Argo-Cat fan

They owe him at least $1 million regardless of what happens cos signing bonuses are guaranteed. Cam Wake is in the NFL to stay with that kind of money up front.

Good for him. Can't say I'll be sad to see him NOT playing against us. :smiley:

This is good for Cameron Wake and makes the CFL look good too....although I really don't give much of a hoot what the NFL thinks about the CFL. Who recruited him in the first place...was it Obie?
The big losers are the BC Lions. I hope for their sake Wally has some good talent on the bench. Some big holes to fill this season.

I wish Mr. Wake all the luck in the world. If he does well down there, it can only help the reputation of the CFL and the quality of it’s players to the fans south of the border.

Now if we could just find a way to get the Dolphins to change their uniforms a bit to something more intimidating …

• paul

ps. I am having a simple little contest on my blog if anyone is interested.

Who Likes Free Stuff? Predict The Score Of Super Bowl XLIII And Win!

Good for him. I expect him to be an average player though. He excels at pass rushing and they are moving him to a linebacker spot. He will tow the line but not shine there, in my opinion.