Came back from Ottawa

I was in Ottawa for a few days. Wen't to the stadium and they had some people working on it. I talked to somebody and they feel they will be tearing apart some of the stands in the next few months, and they have heard they are going to be remodelling the stadium very, very well.

They are many people that are excited this might work out for the Ottawa rider fans!

I’ve heard the same. Apparently, the south side’s gonna be the place to be once the CFL returns to Ottawa:

[url=http://www.canada.com/ottawacitizen/story.html?id=8cc5facd-d555-4314-a951-12c535133a2b&k=96385]http://www.canada.com/ottawacitizen/sto ... 2b&k=96385[/url]

It will be good to see Ottawa back in the league if only to get Winnipeg out of the Eastern Division. A team in the Maritimes is still on my wish list. That would be a fun road trip.

As Much As I don't want Ottawa Back.
We need another Real Eastern Team.

I want to see the CFL move on to Fresh new Markets
like Quebec City Halifax Victoria BC

Why Waist Time in Going back to Ottawa when it will just Fail again.

Time to put Shovel in Ground.
Dig that grave for Ottawa.
IT'S DEAD FOR GET THEM..

Until they Dig a Grave for Ottawa
The CFL Can't go forward With Real Expansion Plans.

Next Stop the Hotbed of Football Quebec City.

A Montreal/Quebcec City CFL game would be great. A play-off game even better.

How about expanding to Quebec City, Halifax, and Ottawa?

I can't see a team in Victoria.

I Still Think Ottawa is Mistake to go back too.
They have failed Twice to Support a CFL Team

Why give them a 3rd Strike ..

The South side has always been the place to be and its gonna be even better with all the upgrades. I really don't think you can blame Ottawa fans for the club leavin twice, we've had the worst owners in sports here, plus a team that hasnt had a winning record since 1979. Even so, we averaged more people than Montreal.

I really feel that having the mayor, Jeff Hunt, and other big businessmen involved that this time around, this thing is gonna work out.

Four millionaire owners with a $300M business plan, that’s why.

Ottawa Failed twice because of poor ownership period. The Gleibermans killed football in Ottawa not once but twice. The fact that the previous commish allowed those clowns to have the team again is why the team failed. From Day one everything they did alienated Ottawa fans across the board.

If we had quality ownership a team would do very well here. There was more fan support in the Renegades last season then when the previous ownership abandoned the Cats.

Would you please stop spreading FUD about Ottawa failing. Do you live here in Ottawa, have you ever been here, were you ever at a game here?

This FUD about Ottawa has to stop.

[/quote]
Yes I was
Attendance was awful at Game
It was at Under 20,000

Here is a Quote Taken from Ottawa Citten

According to Lisowski, the Renegades lost $2 million in 2004 (which doesn’t include more than $2 million made by the franchise in hosting the Grey Cup) as well as $4.4 million in 2003 and $3.6 million in 2002. But Lisowski still thinks there’s hope.

“If we could get 18,000-18,500, we could break even,” he said

They could break even …
This was before the Gelbermans took over.
So The Fans are at Fault…
They had no Support.
Ottawa is Hockey Town Forget them

Yes I was
Attendance was awful at Game
It was at Under 20,000

Here is a Quote Taken from Ottawa Citten

According to Lisowski, the Renegades lost $2 million in 2004 (which doesn't include more than $2 million made by the franchise in hosting the Grey Cup) as well as $4.4 million in 2003 and $3.6 million in 2002. But Lisowski still thinks there's hope.

"If we could get 18,000-18,500, we could break even," he said

They could break even ..
This was before the Gelbermans took over.
So The Fans are at Fault..
They had no Support.
Ottawa is Hockey Town Forget them
[/quote]
There were way more fans at each Ottawa home game then Hamilton had during its darkest season. I know because I was a season ticket holder for Ottawa. I did attend a couple of games during that terrible year for Hamilton. By your logic Hamilton should never have been allowed to be saved because up until Bob Young came around home game attendance was a joke. Bob Young took over showed he cared and was committed and the fans came back. The exact same thing will happen here.

The fan base is here to support a team if a committed competent ownership can be found. The Renegades never had that once and frankly should never have been allowed into the league. The team was doomed from Day one and I for one am happy the previous commish was fired.

Allow Jeff Hunt and his group to have a team and this city will support it. Jeff Hunt is one of the most respected businessmen in this community and his work running the 67's speaks volumes.

These stats are taken from http://www.geocities.com/cfl_historical ... ndance.htm

From 1990-1994, 2003-2004 Ottawa had a better attendance than Hamilton, and pretty much had the same numbers in 95. Other than in 1996 and 2005, Ottawa's attendance has been over 20 000.

Although these figures are low compared to teams out West, there right on par with Eastern teams and Ottawa, again despite a horrible team, led Hamilton, T.O., and Montreal in attendance for a number of years.

Ottawa isn't a hockey town, it is a weird sports town though - Just ask the Lynx who went from record breakin crowds to no one at all. I honestly think if the Sens started losing again, attendance would drastically drop. In the years following the beatings that the Leafs gave them, season ticket holders started dropping their tickets cause they kept givin up - Football fans here though seem to support their team win or lose.

The Sens sellout now most nights because there a winning team and the 67s have done well ever since Jeff Hunt has owned the team. It is likely that he can have the same success with a football team here. Because of this belief, fans will come out in droves to support a team that now has solid ownership because people in Ottawa trust Hunt to do a good job.

Look I understand there are good fans in Ottawa.
I just don't see point in Returning to Ottawa at this time. after losing a Team Twice.

I am Enjoying Our Debate on Subject
Can you Guaranty the Rest of the CFL Ottawa won't Fail Again?
No you Can't

The Last Two Groups of Owners Bailed when it got Tough
Large Ownership Groups of 3 or More will Fail 80% of the Time.

One guy will not like something and Back out
The other two will buy him out
then there not enough money for the team.

Then They all leave
leaving the league hanging .
Unless there is Other Bob Young out there
I still Say no to Ottawa .

Ownership Groups Fail.
a lot Fans in Ottawa are Too Fickle.

There no point to going back to Ottawa
At least now maybe in 10 years.

Now if get 1 Owner maybe then we can talk.