Cambridge Ontario Officially Declared 'Chopped Liver'

[i]TigerTown will officially kick-off with the 2nd annual Ticats State Of The Franchise event on Monday night at the Hamilton Convention Centre. For the rest of the week Ticats players and staff will hit the road in Hamilton and surrounding communities making appearances at local elementary schools and hospitals. In the evening, players and staff will head to local Boston Pizza locations where all fans are invited to come out for a meet and greet event. Locations for this week's appearances are listed below.

Tuesday, May 6th - Ticats visit St. Catharines
Wednesday, May 7th - Ticats visit BrantfordThursday, May 8th - Ticats visit Guelph
Friday, May 9th - Ticats visit Burlington[/i]

Guelph is more oriented to T.O. than is Cambridge or Kitchener. Oh well....

*You have to have grown up in New York City or have a Jewish connection to get the 'chopped liver'. It means 'of little value'.

Guelph is more oriented to T.O. than is Cambridge or Kitchener. Oh well....
You aren't serious right? Anyways, I was at Tiger Town or the State of the Franchise thing and dont worry they included Cambridge in their tiger town video

Yup- Serious. 1/2 of Guelph is now bedroom community for people working in TO. In the old days (when I was growing up) I would have spoken differently.

The lower end of the Waterloo region is pretty diverse- Cat and Argo fans are about evenly matched in Kitchener with a slightly higher percentage (by my 'feel') of Cat fans in Cambridge.

The lower end of the Waterloo region is pretty diverse- Cat and Argo fans are about evenly matched in Kitchener with a slightly higher percentage (by my 'feel') of Cat fans in Cambridge.
You should share those statistics with the Ticats.

Is that the kind of "feel" that could get you in trouble, Mark? lol

Mark, having lived in both Cambridge(Galt), and Kitchener, I know whence you are coming.
Both secondary to Guelph! Unbelievable!

And, if Guelph is ‘more oriented’ to Toronto, is that to be considered a good thing…HAH!!!

Guelph oriented to Toronto?

Well, I have never seen an Argo licence plate in Guelph and I see a Tiger Cat one every day - mine...

http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/dandv/vehicle/image/tigercat1.gif

No doubt that there may be an Argo fan or two in Guelph, but rest assured that those of us here in the 'Small Town' are manning the border for the ticats as best we can.

The Boston Pizza up on Woodlawn (by the famous Walmart) will rock with a few Oskee Wee Wees for good measure Thursday dinner time.

Hope my Cambridge friends can find their way here (a good 10 minute drive) See you there.

Thanks for the invite to 'cross the border' into Wellington county. :slight_smile:
Unfortunately, my duaghter is getting married on Sat. and this is turning out to be a bit of a busy week. (Note severe understatement in preceding sendence.)

I guess Stratford is way too far out, even though there are quite a few Cat fans here.

P.S. Now maybe you know where I get my list name from! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm often surprised by the number of Argo fans as close to Hamilton as Burlington.

And I'd guess that, if one were to dare venture into The Independent Republic of Flamborough, sworn enemy of all things Hamilton, you might find a growing Argo fan club there as well. Maybe that's the reason for the Ticats Cambridge snub - Cambridgites seem like nice people, but sharing a border with the IRF, it's not certain yet where their allegiances lie.

Them's fighting words, Mark.

What wrong with chopped liver?

any word on which players will be at teh brantford BP tomorrow?

I just moved to Guelph last month, and I've met more TiCat fans than Argo fans. Thats a good thing in my mind, I was sort of expecting the opposite...lol