CALVILLO - WHAT HAPPENED ?

Does anyone have a logical explanation as to how Calvillo and the high powered ALS offence could have been held to
1 point in a critical game ?

Is the injury to OLINEMAN Bourke a factor ?
Is he aging ? or off rythem ? I know he was missing one key veteran receiver
Did Bc get alot of pressure on him and/ or good coverage ?

All in all is Calvillo going doenhill fast or was he BC defence that good ?

A combination of all of those factors, I would think.

A top notch Lions team
A patched up Oline
A patched up Secondary
Poor strategy
Tired Calvillo
Terrible field position (Whyte vs McCallum)

Do you think we can get a bit more pressure on him with their OLINE injury ? Our new DB additions also help out with covergae and Johnson and Williams should be pretty fresh ..Johnson has missed 3 games ..if he comes back he will be pretty fresh ...let's hope he is back

All in all is Calvillo going doenhill fast or was he BC defence that good ?
The BC defense is that good.

Fewest points allowed in the league, and lots of talent and experience behind that DL.
Being one of the more potent offenses doesn't hurt either.

BC is a well balanced team with easily the league best PF/PA ratio.

They are the team to beat.

re: Calvillo, he still posted the finest numbers in all passing categories, although was clearly inconsistent/frustrated this season.
Yes, he is getting older, but at the same time I'd prefer to have Calvillo lead the Cat offense this post season than our current QB's although I maintain that Glenn has the ability to pull off an upset if he is in sync.

Montreal got whipped 40-3 against the Cats last year. Same thing happened in that game where Calvillo was completely shut down. But they still went on to win the Grey Cup. Sometimes the whole team as a collective stinks. What makes a team great is how they bounce back from a humiliating loss. Expect Calvillo to be firing on all cylinders in the EDSF game. The Cats better not take the Als lightly based on what BC did to them.

Calvillo's been in "BRAWLS" all season and its taken a toll and the injuries have become insurmountable and its had a trickle effect all the way to special teams as your ST players are now starting.

They are out seven starters on top of losing Cahoon and Cobourne in the off season. That's 9 changes to your starting 24...

Jerald Brown
Shea Emry NI
Mark Estelle
Josh Bourke NI
Etienne Boulay NI
Dwight Anderson
Kerry Watkins

And now Ramon Guzman

Add two rookie coordinators in Bishoff and Tibesar and I am amazed they went 10-8

Hfxtc wrote:

A top notch Lions team
A patched up Oline
A patched up Secondary
Poor strategy
Tired Calvillo
Terrible field position (Whyte vs McCallum)

The Tiger cats have had to face a lot of these same problems this year. In fact it was pointed out during the Lions game this past Saturday night, that the Als have been a lot healthier and haven't been hit by the injury bug nearly as bad in past seasons.

Welcome, Calvillo and Trestman to Hamilton's world.

Whatever your heard, you heard wrong. Als have never been hit with injuries like this. I can't even remember a team in the CFL since the SMS is in place that's been this decimated by injuries.

Just looked. Cats have ONE starter on the ninge game : Dylan Barker, not seven....

" the Als have been a lot healthier and haven't been hit by the injury bug nearly as bad in past seasons."

Hfxtc, please read again....I'm agreeing with you...except to say that the Als are now facing the same problems that Hamilton and other teams having been facing this season. Montreal has managed to escape these difficulties in past seasons....

And let me add discension in the ranks, and crticism of their coaching.

Sorry... my bad.

It is a nice opportunity for the Tigercats. Also for their fans who want to go to the game. Bought two tickets in row V for a client. Low bowl tickets between the 50 yard lines were available as of lunch time.

I would love nothing more than to declare that Calvillo is finished. But something tells me he will be ready to play this Sunday ... if for no other reason than the fact that nothing ever comes easily for the Ticats.

Calvillo led the league in passing yards with 5,251, and led the league with 32 TD passes and had fewest interceptions with only 8.

His QB efficiency rating of 98.2 was second to Ricky Ray's 99.3

yes, and web “experts” have been saying he is finished for years now… :roll: :roll: :roll:

Similar ground has been covered in this thread

[url=http://forums.ticats.ca/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=71459]viewtopic.php?f=5&t=71459[/url]

Not too shabby for someone who's "finished".

Very interesting read in today's National Post in a column by Herb Zurkowsky: Observers notice a more timid Calvillo.

[url=http://sports.nationalpost.com/2011/11/08/herb-zurkowsky-observers-notice-a-more-timid-calvillo/]http://sports.nationalpost.com/2011/11/ ... -calvillo/[/url]

Beware, Tony can look like he might be ready for a wheelchair at varicose village one game and kick the crap out of you the next. The Cats have to make sure their head is right for this game or else. He'll be play in front of a lot of his fans and will not what to disappoint them, count on it.

Herb's article was in the Montreal Gazette, too..

As I said in that thread I think he is going way overboard regarding A.C.

The O-line was overwhelmed. Key players are out with injuries

and inexperienced players are also playing on in the defence.