Calvillo to start?

I just heard on the radio that AC will take to the field for the first time in 3 weeks.

However I did not hear if they meant he will start or merely dress for the game.

I heard he was going to start.
Guess we will know in a few hours...

The Leader -Post is reporting Cavillo will start.

Calvillo's elbow fine, ready to lead Als Murray McCormick, Leader-Post Published: Saturday, September 29, 2007

The Montreal Alouettes, who have struggled offensively during the 2007 CFL season, welcome one of their catalysts back to the roster today.

Quarterback Anthony Calvillo is to start today against the Saskatchewan Roughriders at Mosaic Stadium after being sidelined for three games with a torn rotator cuff in his right shoulder. The Alouettes need Calvillo back because they lost two of three games during his absence.

"It's always good to have him back because he's one of those guys that can take over a game,'' Montreal running back Jarrett Payton said after the Alouettes completed their pre-game walk-through Friday. "You want his veteran leadership out there because he makes things happen. It's great to have him back.''

It didn't appear that Calvillo would return so soon after injuring his throwing shoulder in a 46-14 loss to the B.C. Lions in Week 9. Any injury to a quarterback's throwing arm is serious but a torn rotator cuff usually needs surgery or a long rehabilitation. Calvillo is back after just three weeks.

"It all depended on the first two weeks and how my shoulder would go during the rehab,'' said Calvillo. "It started to respond right away and it started to get stronger after a couple of days. After that, I knew that the surgery aspect would get thrown out the window. I knew that I would be back as soon as possible after my shoulder was ready.''

Calvillo pronounced his shoulder 100 per cent during Friday's interviews. Payton already had proof that Calvillo is putting some zip on the ball.

[url=http://www.canada.com/reginaleaderpost/news/sports/story.html?id=4cf5ecd0-9c4f-4934-8607-17e679385c61]http://www.canada.com/reginaleaderpost/ ... e679385c61[/url]

Knowledgeable Media!

AC hurt his shoulder not his elbow! :roll:

Never noticed that...the headline is wrong--the article talks about the shoulder...go figure....actually, when you think about it, AC's elbow likely is fine....

Curious to see how the O-line holds up, the last time these teams met the O-line was awful.

UH!
Has there been a game when they have not been awfull?

Hah, I remember when BC got 12 sacks last season against Montreal at BC Place.

It just dawned on me when they showed the sack totals per team, and 8 of ours came in the 1st game against the Als, we only have 22 for the other 11 games :frowning:

a sharper contrast will bring much greater clarity. Don’t give them what they’re waiting for, Mr. Bionic Arm…