Calvillo starts against Esks: Will he finish the game?

If I were the Eskimo pass rushers, I would be testing that bruised sternum with my helmet and fists every chance I got. You can be sure AC will be wearing a a flak jacket underneath his jersey. I hope they have defibrillator on hand just in case :slight_smile:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zw2XEay-468

I think trestman is nuts to play AC in a game that McPherson can surely win, with a little help from the rest of the team that is

you must be related to jimenez

...leading with the helmet is a penalty Einstein...

Calvillo will be back to his old self.. just watch

and so is punching other players.

if he is at all still tender, it will most likely show up in his throwing strength and accuracy.

does it matter?

Als will win with or without Calvillo..

heck go out there, put up 40pts in the first half and coast the rest of the way..

The real question is will Ricky Ray finish the game. :lol:

Will the Esks even show up for the game.

What a class act you are.

And predictable too. Seems all you do is start a thread with some classless thought, and then disappear, never returning to take the heat.

Well, we've debated this a lot in the Als forum. My feeling is that the only way Trestman would play AC is if AC is actually 100% and the coaches feel that the sternum is fully healed.

Wow, you are one classy individual.

No question. The Alouettes wouldn't risk the season...regardless of how well McPherson played...if Calvillo wasn't 100%.
My only worry is whether or not the team has addressed the issues that caused him to be injured in the first place....a lack of a running game/outside threat...and an offensive line that still has questions since the departure of all-star center Bryan Chiu.

Exactly. Adrian is a phenomenal talent and the future of this team, but Calvillo is still the 'now'. With Hamilton's win, the East is tighter than ever and we'll be in tough to win the division this year. Every game counts and risking Anthony against a bottom-feeder like Edmonton wouldn't be characteristic of a cautious guy like Trestman. If Anthony starts, it means he's completely healed.

My [b][i]only[/i][/b] worry is whether or not the team has addressed the issues that caused him to be injured in the first place....a lack of a running game/outside threat...and an offensive line that still has questions since the departure of all-star center Bryan Chiu.
Yep, recurring issues. I still have profound doubts. They need to take a long, hard look at Lambert in the offseason. We have too much O-line talent in the pipeline to pay a 30-something center to stand around on most plays without a man to block and snap too many balls so high that any semblance of deception on play action is ruined.

It's EE....why does he even have to play? Stupid.

What?
Should his first start be next week against Winnipeg?
After that severe an injury I'd rather see him get back into game shape against the Eskimos.
I'm not saying they'll be easy....but the last thing Calvillo and the Alouettes need is a flashback to 3 games ago.

Iam really glad your not a defensive line coach.

no, cuz by the 4th q, it will be a blowout..
mcpherson will play the 4th cuz the als will be up by about 45 points.