Calling Out The "Die Hards"

Hamilton fans are the most loyal but hardest on their team or individual when they don't perform. And it still amazes me the Ticats gave us fans a place to voice our constant discontent in a public place.

And I agree, if we were winning life would be peachy and positive. But you can't blame Mr Young or anyone in the Ticat staff for not trying hard enough.

As Mr Young has done lots and spent alot of dollars to try to restore the roar to Hamilton and find that right combination that brings a winning team.

I don’t go to Bulldogs games. Don’t care if they win 40 Calder Cups. It’s a Canadiens farm team and that’s the bigger picture. Don’t stick a Canadiens farm team in the middle of Leaf country and you’ll be alright. It’s the NHL who are the morons. 80 corporate boxes and sold out of seasons tickets, money was laid down for. We won’t support just any winner. The cause has to be right, and supporting the Canadiens is not the highest priority on my budget. Maybe ask Borehamgirl to go to a game with you. She’s a die hard Canadiens fan and would love to go. We’re tired of being treated like second class citizens. We deserve big billing because we’re a great, hardworking and prosperous community, the kinds of people sports were intended for.

I think being the most LOYAL gives us that right (to an extent) to be the hardest, there are alot of VERY passionate fans here and sometimes we/they may take it a little too personally when the team lose but that is IMO an extension of the PRIDE we have for our city.

And I agree, if we were winning life would be peachy and positive. But you can't blame Mr Young or anyone in the Ticat staff for not trying hard enough.
AGREED!!
As Mr Young has done lots and spent alot of dollars to try to restore the roar to Hamilton and find that right combination that brings a winning team.
Most people know this, however there are a few who seem to think Bob is the one cutting/trading players and feel they have the RIGHT to attack him, they are however countered by those who will defend Bob, I myself included because of the pride Bob has brought back to our city. this is not a "get in line and say what's correct" thing, IMO it's a genuine thanks to Bob

Cunny, Hamilton city council doesn't care about the Dogs and not much about the Cats and IWS. It's all about getting that NHL team for Hamilton and someone who will basically rip apart Copps and spend millions and get an NHL team here.

Both the Bob Young haters and the Bob Young groupies have it wrong. He is neither the problem nor the solution to the teams fortunes. That said he is responsible for hiring the football staff so he cannot escape all blame for the team's misfortunes.

As for the original post, now that we are hearing the coach speak of actually changing things that we have been complaining about from the start of the season I think you'll find that the majority here have the patience to wait for results. My problem has always been that nothing has been done to fix the very obvious problems of bad QB play, terrible play calling and horrible defensive secondary work. Today Taffe addressed all of those issues for the first time publicly. Its long overdue but welcome news

A lot of people on here stated that they would rather lose with Chang at the helm than with Maas I guess now we can put that theory to the test and see the reaction. I for one only have the expectation now of COMPETEING, make an effort to win but compete and show signs of improvement, that is what has been lacking

Yes, and Charlie says he hasn't seen this type of thing before, something to that effect. Believe me, this guy does know what the problem(s) are, he's been around football too long to not know. Doesn't mean he can just fix it like popping something in a microwave and voila, it's all done. But you have to think Charlie knows only too well.

BINGO :thup:

Where is the “WHAT HE SAID” emoticon?

When I die some day I hope I die Hard. :thup:

Die hard does not mean follow blindly and it does not mean do not believe what you have seen so far.,because what we have witnessed so far has been total garbage.If you want to join hands with your fellow "Diehards " and sing Oskee Wee wee,than that is your right , but do not insinuate that you are a better fan than the rest of us,who critique the performance of players and our team! I gladly buy 4 season tickets each year because l love football and my tigercats and l invest my time,money and emotions into it,but l will not pretend that evrything is all right when l can see that it is not!!!!!!

Your a Leafs Fan?!?! Now all those ridiculous posts and rants make perfect sense.

I am not attacking the ti-cat fans, but simply stating the TRUTH! Professional sports is a business. Fans who continually support losing teams or teams that don't entertain are idiots and morons. Give me your money and I'll disappoint you! In my 28 years of existence, I have never seen this city catch a fever (except for the one that makes you physically ill) for anything. Unless, you include John Street drunks when the soccer world cup is on a fever. The ti-cats owe you fans nothing, except an acceptable entertainment value. Without you fans, there is no game! Having been to numerous sporting events around the world (NASCAR, NHL, MLB, EUROPEAN SOCCER, ETC.), the entertainment value the ti-cats have provided over the past two years is equivalent to that of a southern state highschool football game. It's time you dedicated fans take a stand for once and demand your "beloved" team perform. I'm the first to admit that I'm not a ti-cat fan nor a huge football fan for that matter. But what I am a fan of is fans demanding what they deserve. I will not even think of attending Ivor Wynne Stadium until the entertainment value levels with the entertainment costs! And thats the TRUTH!

Oh, I forgot, at least the Bulldog players are striving to promote themselves. Where do the ti-cats players go (other than to better CFL teams, I.e. Flick)? Your the statistic I refer to.

WHY are you here then?.. Have nothing better to do with your time??

bruiser has been hit by a few too many hockey pucks to the noggin. Just kidding there bud. :wink:

But this is a Tiger-Cats forum bruiser and if you're not a fan, then get I suggest you not post. Unless of course you're a closet fan, a few of these I've noticed around town from time to time.

WOW, you must have a very busy life, you don’t have 9 free nights out of 365 nights. You must make alot of money!

Give me a break!

The Edmonton Eskimos were in the playoffs for 34 straight years. If they can do it, why do we have to be happy with “rebuilding” all the time.

personally i like the complaining as i dont have anyone else to complain too regarding the cats. I enjoy making a large plate of pasta and eating it while listening to peoples rants. If they didnt complain that would say they didnt care and i wouldnt be comming to this website everyday to read it.