Calling off Wind Games?

Flip a coin for the winner on this one (BC/Cats) This game is a joke, and the winner will not deserve it.Would it not been better to try again tomorrow? It's not like TSN has many scheduling commitments.f

...is every part of the CFL somehow a joke to you?

THF has built a wind tunnel for their stadium or they are just very unlucky ?

I think it's time they design a few large ad boards like at IGF and break up the wind or get on with it and build the hall at the one end and board up the other . This creates a little too much weather influence on a game requiring pro kicks .

Pro kicks, pro throws, pro catches... We have none of it

Can't call them off because tomorrow it may rain. Then do we call that one as well?

Just modify the stadium to lessen the effect of the wind.

Why was this stadium turned 90 degrees in the first place

That's why quarters were invented pal.

It was suppose to help with the sun and the larger footprint I recall .

A little tinkering with a few large billboards or something even more constructive will solve the problem .

Isn't there also a rule that all stadiums have to be built in this direction?

What is this, the NFL where the Super Bowl is only hosted in domed or sunny stadiums? :lol: This game hasn't been great, I'll grant you that. But where do you draw the line? Little bit of wind. A drizzle of rain.

Agree. I also think something can be done to fix it. There are a lot of smart engineers out there. One must have an idea.

I am sure the Caretaker will see if he can get something going . Rather see those field ads on a big honking billboard
anyways .

Caretaker..LMAO.. That clown is the third biggest cancer in this league after Braley and the Werenhalls... If that clown didnt have his head stuck up his ass, the Tiger-Cats could have what Ottawa has right now in the West Harbour.

I am sure the Caretaker will see if he can get something going . Rather see those field ads on a big honking billboard
anyways .
[/quote]
Caretaker..LMAO.. That clown is the third biggest cancer in this league after Braley and the Werenhalls... If that clown didnt have his head stuck up his ass, the Tiger-Cats could have what Ottawa has right now in the West Harbour.
[/quote]
Okay I think I may have lost you what ?

West Harbor stadium plan did not resemble the Lansdowne development plan if it did I am sure the Caretaker would have taken advantage of it like OSEG . You might be mistaking the other plans put forth later which were not taken seriously by counsel for the West Harbor by another developer not Young . Young has improved the Ti-cats
off the field 100 percent and they are lucky they have an owner like him . Confederation Park is the consensus where it should have been but it was blocked .

Getting off topic but I have faith in Young to fix the problem but I have no faith in city counsel permitting the proper
wind breakers to be put in place because of some by-law , bird migration or community group saying they don't like it .

It has just been freaky weather more than anything else at times Cat games have been scheduled. It seems there is always a major weather front rolling through. Tonight it was a cold front moving in with wicket winds from the Northwest. Most games before this where the winds were a factor they were from the Southwest. It was by far the windiest evening of the last couple of weeks tonight - and of course it happens to fall the night the Cats are playing. It was fierce.

Almost every Cats game has happened to be in high winds. I went to three or four of the Pan Am soccer games last year and don't recall wind being a factor at all in any of those. Just crazy coincidence with the timing of Ti-Cats games..

They may have to take a page out of the MLSE playbook and correct the problem . The issue I see is at what height do you have to go and at what angle will be required to block the winds at least for the players and secondly for the fans enjoyment .

No.

Wind is part of the game. Ask the people in Winnipeg ( old stadium ) and Regina.

Under that logic, we would be calling off games in Nov for blizzards. :roll:

BTW, for those long long time Bomber or Cats fans, remember the 65 Cup ?

Called the wind bowl.

Remember, conditions are the same for both teams.

Prevailing winds generally come from the west, and at old IWS that was the one side that had no seats. Winds would come in and whip around and cause a swirling effect in the east end zone.

The new stadium’s north-south configuration should reduce this. But every once in a while you get winds from the north – like yesterday – or from the south. It’s not usually as strong as it was yesterday, so games are rarely affected as much as they were. The good thing is that each team gets the wind at their back for 30 minutes, and in their face for 30 minutes, so there is no unfair advantage.

The wind affected the game, sure. But the game was a crap-fest because my Ticats reeked. I was just glad my seats were upwind of the field, so I didn’t have to smell the stench from the Ticats. (Personally I believe this was a one-off, that they’re not that bad, and they will be contenders this year. Every team poops the bed once in a while.)

Once we start talking about modifying stadiums to keep out the wind, then we’re back to talking about putting a dome over every stadium. What, should the Argos move back to SkyDump? Weather is a part of the game, and the teams that have the most success are often the ones who know how best to minimize its effects, or to take advantage of it.

We have a beautiful stadium here in Hamilton, and putting up 90-foot walls around it will quickly turn it into an eyesore. Something I would expect from our city council…thank goodness it’d cost way too much money for any of them to suggest it.

Yes but Regina and Winnipeg are correcting those with modern stadiums it is 2016 and not 1966 . You still need to at least attempt to mitigate the power of the wind to protect the integrity of the game especially with kicking in the air is a major component to a CFL game . No need to call the game off but you could build something for THF .

Never really dawned on me but it has seemed to be pretty true, the Cats have just been downright unlucky with some of the weather we have had on gamedays since THF was opened. We generally have pretty nice weather and it doesn't rain too often or for long amounts of time, but whenever Cats need to play there seems to be a problem with the weather.

Even the LDC game last year, no wind but it was freaking 40 degrees outside, what a miserable day to watch the Cats kill the Argos. The home opener last year as well was a nice night but lightning delayed the game for about 30 minutes. I can actually only remember a couple games out of the 8 or so I have been to at THF that have been nice weather.