Calling Avon

I was happy with the way they used Dueces last night.
He had a strong game especially in the 4th qtr.
14 carries for 100yrds.,no fumbles.2TD's
Even without the 40yrd. scamper at the end he averaged 4.5yrds./carry
It is nice to have a running game!

This should have been titled "Calling Out Avon" ... The man has a football IQ of a moron ... he turned a slam dunk win into a totally unnecessary dramatic survival test ... totally selfish, and it could have cost us a W.

:roll: Next time you're on the field and have a clear path to the endzone with less than a minute left, you can do whatever you want. I'll take Cobourne's football IQ over yours any day. And last I checked "could have cost us a W" was not "did cost us a W." The Cats won, so quit the complaining. Sheesh, some people are never satisfied.
I'll take Cobourne's football IQ over yours any day.
Sounds like you do.

I do. I trust an two-time Grey Cup champion and former Grey Cup MVP more than a I do an anonymous fan on the Internet.

Why is it that the trolls only come out to talk junk? You have three posts since signing up in February, 2010. Back under the bridge with you. You get no more food from me.

Don't you see? BC deliberately gave him a clear route to the endzone so they could get the ball back with time to score a TD and the two point conversion to tie it up. Brilliant strategy.

And on the other side, who would want a player who wants to score every time he touches the ball?

:roll:
Why is it that the trolls only come out to talk junk?
I'm really stunned at the controversy here ... It really is quite simple ... The game was WON, end of sentence - until Avon decided that individual stats mattered more than the team goal.

I can guarantee you all, that this will be mentioned in team meetings.

By the way, I have seen several NFL running backs have a shot at the end-zone only to take a knee because they were SMART enough to know the situation.

Why do the people with less than 10 posts always seem to be the most angry?

Because they only show up to complain. I took your advice, and now I'm much more liberal in my use of the 'foe' list. Makes for a much nicer message board.

Why do the people with less than 10 posts always seem to be the most angry?
Where's the anger ?

This is professional football ... Avon's lack of awareness, and selfishness gave the opponent another opportunity to take a win away ... just an observation ... If that happened at any other level of football it would have instantly become a teaching/coaching moment.

What's more .. Avon, himself, probably realized his error, and offered a mea culpa to his teammates in the locker room - especially those mates on the defensive side of the ball that were forced to clean up his mess.

Ticats would have been better off if AC had come up short but its really naive to think he or anyone else would take a knee rather than the TD. I' only recall seeing it once in 50 years of watching CFL and NFL games.

I still think Cobb is better.
Anyway, it was the coach's fault our RB gave BC a pretty good chance to steal a victory.
Also, why did the coach throw the challenge flag after Glenn's fumble/interception for a touchdown? Anyone know?