Call me an optimist....

...but as it stands right now. We have the same record as the almost unanimous choice for the west representative in the Grey Cup. And they didnt look that good last night either....

your an optimist.

very true.

And thank you mycko75 for this POSITIVE post.

I'm sick of all the complaining. I really really am. As fans, we really need to stop whining about the team, and Get behind it. Because no matter what anyone says, this is when our team needs us the most. There were many positives on the field last night! Casey looked good, and the recivers looked much improved. As for the defence, Bradley's hit on the first play was killer(!), and really, how much can you expect when they are on the field for 12+ minutes in the first quarter? I really think we need to stand behind this team, because although it didn't really look like it last night, I think that we just may have something special here folks!

blitz4:
I appreciate your enthusiasm but....
Some things about last nights game that you may have missed.....we lost 33-10...Montreal was supposed to be beaten up but it was us that were beaten up....we were completely outsmarted....we took too many dumb penalties....we had virtually no offence and the defence looked terrible.
So what if Bradley hit a guy hard? Didn't seem to bother Montreal because they just kept on getting first downs. This was a terrible performance by this team and its coaches and reminiscent of last year despite all the changes.
No amount of "standing behind this team" will change that. Heck all 16 to 20 thousand fans were fired up to support the team last night. What difference did that make? So I don't see "something special" going on here.
This team may very well be the worst in the CFL...again.
We need less jingo-ism and more critical thinking like your comment about the offence being on the field too long in the first quarter. This sub-par play has gone on far too long to ask us to keep cheering and hope for the best. There is a systematic problem on this team with a lack of discipline and lousy game planning and game management.

There is a systematic problem on this team with a lack of discipline and lousy game planning and game management
Well said Mr62cats....

How many of our starters last night were starting for their first time in this league? When was the last time you have seen a group of rookies play extremely disciplined football, in their first game?

As bad as things went last night, I am still optimistic that this team is better than last year's, and really think they either came out flat last night or were just too nervous, which should not be a surprise with all the rookies and new players.

With that said, I have to agree with Mr62, we got our buts handed to us at home, by one of the weaker teams in the league, that is missing several starters. This team was ripe for the picking, and we stunk the joint out. BC was on the road, and although I didn't see the game they at least had a chance to win. There's a big difference!

Optimism aside, this was a dissappointing start to the season.

PJ

blit4 wrote:"How many of our starters last night were starting for their first time in this league? When was the last time you have seen a group of rookies play extremely disciplined football, in their first game?"

blitz4: One more question you need to ask: How many times have you seen a team go through a season like last year with sub-par coaches, dumb penalties, poor discipline and bad play calling.....clean house..bring in new talented players...and then play your first game with exactly the same problems we had last year?
My answer? Never. Until last night.
OK gang...where do you think the problem lies?

I'm sick of all the complaining. I really really am. As fans, we really need to stop whining about the team, and Get behind it. Because no matter what anyone says, this is when our team needs us the most.
I think people have all the right in the world to complain, especially those who spend $100.00 a game for entertainment for the family. What I saw last night was not entertaining in the least. It was another sub-par performance by a group of professionals, and, I didn't see anyone offering to give me my money back after the game because of the 'poor product'. If this team continues to 'entertain' the way they have for the past few years, fans will stop going to the games, buying the merchandise, etc. and the team will fold. The fact that people share their frustrations collectively on this website is encouraging to me, because it's a sign that people still care. Once that is gone, you might as well buy an Argobill jersey.

Good, i'm happy you didn't look at last night as exactly the same problems that the team had last year! I was worried your answer would be yesterday, but i'm happy you're being optomistic :wink:

blitz: Ooops. Thanks for pointing that out. I should have said.."until last night". I made an edit.

Haha np.

I’m sorry you actually do have a godo point i just couldn’t resist!

I agree, this team alhtough not looking their finest last night, looks leaps and bounds better than last year's team. Just look at this as a bump in the road.. and we will reassess the situation after a few games.

As a sidenote.. my NY Giants were 0-2 to start the regular season last year...and look how their season ended :slight_smile:

But Unlike BC Hamilton has not made the Playoff since 2002..

BC was in there game till the 4th Qrt .
Hamilton was not

BC has a Good Core of Vets

Hamilton has very little in that Dept.

I could go on but I won't

The only reason we lost yesterday was because we got out coached. Vanilla play calling on both the offence and the defence, and very undisciplined football. Also learn to take a chance, there were so many 3rd and 1, 3rd and 2 opportunities when we were still in the game that if we would have capitalized on them it could have turned the game around. Instead we punt it and give the ball right back to Montreal. i think Jesse missing that 1st down early really killed their confidence in him and the offences ability to make a 1st down. The defence needs to have more creative blitzes and move around a bit before the snap, the offence needs to throw some screens and some longer passes.

Printers was great to watch, cool under pressure, good scrambler, good runner, great passing. Best Tabby QB show in some time.

Mitchell, yikes! Hang in there dude. Stupid penalties: if the coaching can't solve that then we're in trouble!!

Looked okay against the Als, couple less penalties and more catches and score would have been better.

Better team then last year. Will be at next home game!!

As fans, we really need to stop whining about the team, and Get behind it.
A word for the wise. Don't get behind them when the other team is on offense. You'll get run over. :wink:

Who could possibly tell who should stay and who should maye be replaced from 1 game ?? Nobody that`s who !!!

I seen some positives in kick returns , good hands on offence and some good runs by the RBS . What will all you nay sayers say if we beat Toronto in Toronto ?? We beat them their a few weeks ago so i see no reason we cant do it again .

They have to clean up some sloppy play on offence , like converting on second and 3 ect but that can be worked and hopefully we will have Caulley back and we can run the ball way more than we did last night . There is no reason we cant run the ball on second and 3 or 4 . Mix that up with passes on those downs and i think you keep the Argos off balance .