Calgary's Playoff Situation

Remember when I first got on here (CFL.ca)… I was screaming for the Riders to give Crandell a shot…everyone laughed at me…comments like revolving door QB’s dont work to Crandells a washed up Bum…sometimes all it takes is a fresh Team to give you a new perspective…(Hello Fred Perry)

He has not taken us to the promised land yet…but you can Tell he displays poise and confidence… his play making ability will only improve as he gets more in sync with his recievers.

He will crash to earth eventually!

Here let me use a line you Calgary guys like to throw in our faces when we comment on Burris…GET OVER IT…

ha ha ha Dentor you are a fool. Fans in Calgary could not pack his bags fast enough! I am glad you Rider fans like this loser.

Gee 5-0??? sounds to me like a real loser..... any more insitefull posts?

Calgary will be crossing over to play Montreal or Toronto. Good luck you guys!

.....unless edmonton keeps playing like they did against Hamilton.....which I doubt, but yes, we could be seeing the Als in the Big O......

I commend you for R&W for realizing that Crandell could be the guy to turn it around for us…I know you stated you had your reservations and I accepted that…but so far he is proving his detractors wrong…this doesnt mean I would not entertain the possiblity of getting Maas or Printers for next season.

Hell the season’s not over…he could still fall flat on his face lol… and with Burris back soon… you guys are still in the thick of things in the West…

I think we can agree… Edm not making the playoffs would be one of the highlites to both of our years :smiley:

Where would Stamps fans rather have their team play in for the semi final? (Other than Calgary) Edmonton, Sask, BC, TO, or Montreal? I’d say Montreal is their best chance if Burris plays. He always plays well against Montreal and has won 2 in a row vs them.

Sask, definitely. We play well against them, Burris especially. Also, that's a game I could make it to.. Montreal would have to be TV.

......I would rather the Stamps play Montreal in the Big O than Saskatchewan at TF or Edmonton at Commonwealth........something about it being way far away on the road with no local distractions and really nothing to lose would make for a better situation IMO..........Let Sask, Edmonton and BC beat each other up on their own.....

.......Dent, I always thought Crandell got a bum deal here in Cowtown with the various Coaching and OC fiascos he had to deal with, too much was expected of him here.......I don't think he is a GREAT QB, but he is a GOOD QB and given support by his coach and a balanced offensive attack he will do well for the Riders.......The other thing that seems to be working well for the Riders is there appears to be very little me-first politics between the QBs, NG is supporting MC......This is HUGE when it comes to building a team atmosphere......(BC: Take notes)........

Agree on Crandell comments R&W...good or average at best...Not great ....Hes gonna have a Stinker game..and probably a breakout game before the playoffs

Funny thing about Barrett and his coaching philosphy....its seems... he is trying to create the right Mix of players that have a combination of skill and team chemistry ( Hello Fred Perry) (Goodbye Santino Hall).... Hall was an very talented DB... but his lifestyle was said to be a disruptive force

Take Edm for example..... no one can argue they have some of the best talent money can buy.....But I feel they have no team chemistry....Of course thats only my 2 1/2 cents :slight_smile:

My take on Calgary's playoff situation....

Henry Burris, Joey Boese, D-Max and Joffrey Reynolds have all been cleared to play against the Tiger-Cats next week. (Well, Burris is a 'maybe', but he's likely to start)

Tom Higgins has said that after the bye week, the Stamps should be healthier then they have been all season. Which is extremely good news for the remaining four games, all of which will play a key role in Calgary's playoff hopes.

Now, the Stamps currently have the edge against the Roughriders when it comes to the tiebreak between the two teams. And unless the Riders beat the Stamps big later this month at Taylor Field, the Stamps will still hold that tiebreaker. Why? Because they only play one another twice this season, thus in the event the two teams split the season series, the tiebreak will be detirmined by adding up how many points each team scored in the two meetings, and seeing who has the most. And we all remember the lickin' Calgary layed on Saskactchewan earlier this year. 8)

As for Edmonton - the other team Calgary is involved with for that coveted home playoff spot - their series with the Stamps is currently tied 1-1, with the third and final game between the two rivals being played in the season finale at McMahon Stadium. Edge = Stampeders.

Also looking at the Stamps remaining games, they play Hamilton at home, Winnipeg then Sask on the road, finished up by the Eskies at home. I see no reason why the Stamps can't escape the last four games with at least a 3-1 record (which would put them at 10-8,) or even a 4-0 record (which would obviously put them at 11-7). Even if they plit the four and went 2-2, they could still go 9-9 and take second place with a win over both Edmonton and Sask (or they could even lose to Sask, as long as it's not a blowout).

There are so many possibilities for the remaining four games. It makes it even more interesting seeing that the Stamps play both Sask and Edmonton within their last three, the two teams they are in a war with right now...

With all of this in mind, I'm going to say Stamps sneak out second place from everyone. It would be foolish to say it couldn't happen, and I have to stick with my team. :slight_smile: However, the more realist side of me says they'll take third place, and either Sask or Edmonton will get the cross-over.

Either way, after the last few years I will be very happy to see them just make the playoffs and have a .500 record.

Good post Boe!

With a third string quartback, or one that is injured you will be lucky to go 1-3

..........that may be my friend but stranger things have happened, glad to see you post is free of resentment..........

I had not taken my pill yet. I was still in my happy place

redandwhite just in a mug shot of Budha!

Yeah but the reason why Sask lost to Burris is because they didn’t go after him because they still viewed him as a friend, It was nothing special that Burris did. Our defense just liked the guy too much. We’ve learned our lesson now so I guarantee you it will be a different game at Taylor Field. Also, Crandell will be starting against his former team, so he might be like a mirror of how Burris played. You guys have won in both Edmonton and Montreal with Burris, so I think you have a way better chance vs either of them than here in Sask.

.......that's crazy talk, crazy.......went soft on him, pfffft........all we heard coming out of the rider fans leading up to the first game was how all the rider D was going to teach Hank a lesson for leaving like he did, he was a marked man, hell, even your GM said Henry was going to have his head taken off and then had to make a public apology about it........

.........don't get me wrong, I think the game on the 23rd will be the toughest of the year and I'll probably pick Sask to win it........it'll be very interesting to see who wins the QB swap test.........