Calgary @ Winnipeg

And Goltz is certainly anything but near a gazelle ...that's a good play call with a guy who is more mobile, but wow Goltz has to be far on the slow side of QBs in the league.

Can someone please explain the streak of Rene Paredes? I thought it was broken last week on that blocked kick. :?

If the ball does not cross the line of scrimmage it apparently does not count as an attempt.

Bonehead-Burke goes for it on 3rd and 2. Should taken the 3 points.
Would be down by 7 instead of 10.
This goes in the file with his 1st game punt decision instead of giving up the 2 against the als.
This guy really is a detriment to his team.

It seems there are a lot of dumb coaching choices this year.

Specifically by Burke and kavis reed.

Jovan Johnson burned again.
Past his prime.

It's Calgary's game to lose now. Wow is that defence of Winnipeg pitiful!

That TD to McDaniel going somewhat back towards the ball was more due to poor coverage than anything else. If that DB had only turned around far sooner, that was an easy deflection or even interception. He was chasing the receiver and not the ball. AWFUL! :thdn: :thdn: :thdn:

Prediction: Buck Pierce is not going to be in Winnipeg next season. And that will be the end of him in the CFL lest he want to be in a backup role.

I always think the bombers will give up on pierce. Yet, every year they trot him back out there to the same results: no offense

Doesn’t help that they are missing several starters on D but ya, that secondary has been leaving a lot of open space for the receivers all season long. The rails have come off on offense, defense, and special teams since halftime.

Huff and Austin both made bad calls against the Roughies as well. And then we can go on with Hawkins…

Goltz picked off as his receiver, no 89, just stopped in his tracks and let the stamp's defender continue past him and grab that pass.
Not sure why 89 stopped trying to make that catch?
Watched that replay in slow motion 3 times, and scratching my head.

If Black mentions Paredes record one more time I’m reaching through my TV and strangle him.

Why does TSN keep referring to Hufnagel as a great cfl QB? Only once in his entire QB career did he throw for over 60% and that was in one game in Sask in 87. He was a consistant 50-55% QB?

Do you mean TSN or do you mean Black/Forde? If you mean the latter then just consider the source.

Oh I have heard the CFL show screw refer to him that way a few times. Black and Forde do however bring it up more often. I can’t help wonder if any of them even remember watching him or even read his stats.

He was a brutal QB that is easily surpassed by any of the QB’s in the CFL today. Even Dinwiddie, Slack and Michael Bishop had better careers.

Hats off to both QBs. The Redblacks got some good footage here.

At minimum:
The Stamps have a decision to make on which of the 3 QBs to protect in expansion draft....Glenn, the guy who has been starting more than not, lead the club to the Championship game, but is up in age....Tate, the man who has so damned much potential it hurts but seems to be dinged up lots (may be a string of bad luck that ends, but do you want to roll those dice)....Mitchell, who seems to be the real deal.
IMO at minimum I would be starting Mitchell at QB if Tate is not ready to go in place of Glenn...you are attempting to build your future...you have clearly decided Glenn is too old to do that...so who will be the best choice...2 potentially solid options there! Heck, perhaps Glenn can be traded to the Bombers, Esks or Als after a couple weeks Mitchell looks solid.

Bombers...well, I saw enough to say that Goltz has earned a shot. He produced at least equally to Buck, perhaps better...and but one game in. If Bomber nation can bare it, trade a draft for Glenn (I know, that is a big thing because Glenn has team history), dump Buck's salary and use it to sign a hog on the line...even if just for the season. You need to make a decision fast though...week 6 cap hits on vet cuts happen pretty soon...so with Mack, I wouldn't expect that ball to roll very fast, but you would think these guys would make a bid to save their jobs at some point.

Winnipeg's problem is they dont have a deep threat. It's hard to open up underneath when defenses dont fear getting beat deep. This team has some serious issues at this point in the season. As much as I like Winnipeg, and I do cheer for them when they arent playing the Riders, this team needs to make some serious adjustments.

Calgary needs to keep starting Mitchell. You can't let the RedBlacks take him and he turns out to be the next Ricky ray, while tate is the next Buck pierce.