Calgary Stampeders win the Grey Cup if...

So somebody starts a thread, on a football forum, asking what you think the Stamps/Als have to do to win the game, and after 2 pages, nobody has come up with anything ! I don't know which is worse. :roll:

Ok sorry Stamps fans. Maybe I was a little too harsh there. But it seems some fans seem to think that I speak on behalf of every single Als fan out there because I make them look bad. Every time I write something, it's always "Oh, you're hurting my feelings! blah! blah! blah!We're all nice here and we're all friends!" Mind your business. I speak for myself and not for you. I'm not even going to address you and your 10 000 posts.

I'll give respect to the Stamps team. The Stamps didn't beat the Als in both regular season games this year out of pure luck. With all of the talk going to the BC Defensive Line, the Stamps' D quietly formed a solid unit, maybe the best overall unit in the league. I give respect to your D, your offensive line, Rambo and Joffrey Reynolds. And Chris Jones KNOWS Calvillo's tendencies. It will be a good game for sure. But that's it.

Jermaine Copeland and Nik Lewis are a cocky, showboating duo. Copeland especially will get the most unfriendliest of welcomes on Sunday for disrespecting Cahoon and the Als right before he left to test the free agent market. For those of you who remember when he left Montreal after the 2004 season, he felt "disrespected" by Als management because he felt he was more valuable to the team than Cahoon and hence he deserved to be paid more. Please! Copeland has had 1 1 000 yard season since leaving while Cahoon has had at least 70 receptions and 1000 yards receiving every season since then. And keep in mind this is Montreal's year. They are the team of destiny. With the Grey Cup in Calgary next season, the Stamps will win it all then. But not at this one. Not happening. No chance. Als are at home in front of their fans. The cup is theirs for the taking. As for smiling Hank, he looks like he'll be a liability on Sunday. I don't think he'll get it done.

Maybe you think I'll look silly, but remember that this is a two way street. If the Als win, the folks thinking Calgary would win will look silly for doubting the Als. And something tells me the Als will be victorious on Sunday.

Well, for the Stamps to win, I’d say the first thing they’d have to do is take the crowd out of the game.

Oh boy, this could get ugly, here and on the field, yikes - but I love it!! :rockin:
Time to get nasty and dirty, well not too dirty with cheap shots but on the edge, smackin startin!! :thup:

It literally is the battle of the "choking" Quarterbacks. Calvillo is 1 for 5 in Grey Cup games and Henry Burris has proven to be a playoff game choker. He might helped an overall Stamps effort to win the Western Final but that doesn't mean much in the annals of CFL history if you can't win the BIG ONE. Whoever loses this game gets labeled an even bigger choker than before. I think the crowd will be a factor against Henry Burris. He'll have to bring his A PLUS game this Sunday.

Calvillo isn’t a playoff choker. In 2005, he led the offense back on scoring drives time and again and we lost in double overtime because our defense could not get a single frickin stop when we needed it. In 2006, we overachieved getting to the final and faced a clearly superior B.C. team that just tore through us; even then, we might have won if our running back hadn’t fumbled on the goal line.

Nothing too complicated. The secondary has to limit big plays and the Offence needs to score early. If the Stamps lose it won't necessarily mean Burris choked. It's more likely the Als played a good game.

And lets not forget 2000 when a arguably blown PI call on a 2 point convert int the final minute prevented MTL from tying the game

Are you hearing voices? :smiley:

Calvillo isn't a playoff choker. In 2005, he led the offense back on scoring drives time and again and we lost in double overtime because our defense could not get a single frickin stop when we needed it. In 2006, we overachieved getting to the final and faced a clearly superior B.C. team that just tore through us; even then, we might have won if our running back hadn't fumbled on the goal line.
[/quote]
And lets not forget 2000 when a arguably blown PI call on a 2 point convert int the final minute prevented MTL from tying the game
[/quote]
Calvillo is a choker.

Don't forget the infamous double pass in double overtime in 2005. The Eskimos had just scored a field goal in the overtime shootout and the Alouettes were in perfect position to score a TD. But Calvillo, not remember the rules, caught his own deflected pass and threw it again into the endzone. He didn't make the play in the clutch when it counted the most.

As for 2000, that wasn't a blown pass interference call. Thomas Haskins tripped over his own feet. Watch the game again on ESPN Classic Canada. That wasn't pass interference. The BC defender barely had a hand on Haskins.

In 2003, the normally high powered Alouette offence scored 1 point in the second half of the 91st Grey Cup. For whatever reason, Calvillo couldn't guide the team into the endzone.

And in 2006, he just didn't perform. By comparison, Lions' QB Dave Dickenson made the plays when it counted either by passing or running for first downs. Calvillo just didn't get the job done.

The TSN and former CBC analysts said it best: when you win the QB gets all the glory. When they lose, it's all on the QBs shoulders.

Listen alsalltheway2008
In 2005 the Als were not even in Field goal range let alone perfect positin to score a TD
Saying that in 2001 Haskins tripped over his own feet only shows that you dont know what you are talking about

2005 was the OVERTIME SHOOTOUT against the Eskimos. You scrimmage from the opponents 35 yard line in overtime session. If you can’t tell me that being on your opponents 35 yard line isn’t being in field goal range in the Canadian football league, it just shows that YOU RO1313 DO NOT KNOW WHAT YOU’RE TALKING ABOUT. They fell out of field goal range when 1) Calvillo double passed the ball (choke number 1) and was penalized for it and 2) was sacked because he couldn’t throw a pass quickly enough or avoid the rush on the second down (choke number 2). Keep making facts up as you go along. Or confuse my name. It just makes you look like an even bigger fool than you already are.

Second of all the 91st was in 2000 not 2001. Again it shows that you don’t know what you’re talking about. Look at the video again. Watch ESPN CLASSIC CANADA this Friday at 9pm. They are showing a repeat of the 91st Grey Cup game. Watch the end carefully instead of leaving because I know it’s painful to watch this game. You will see Thomas Haskins stumble. The BC defensive back covering him barely even touches him. Watch the replay.

Calgary will win if they can take the crowd out of the game early. To do that they need sustained ball control - no just big plays - and a running game that tires out the Als' defense. Also, if special teams can come up big with a return for an early TD, it should help give the Stamps some momentum. They need a big lead early because if they get into a shoot out the Als, they will likely lose for sure.

They need to own the clock, a solid ground attack, and help from special teams in the form of big points early.

...if Cavillo stubs his toe during the player introductions and is carted off the field in a golf buggy...

I dont have to watch ESPN classics! I have them all on DVD!
Im confusing your name…you are the one with multiple accounts and cant figure out who you are!
You call it stumbling…I call it being tripped
bottom line…your wrong!

Yes…being tripped by that unstoppable defensive player known as the turf. The turf should have been the defensive MVP of the Lions that game. I noticed also that you didn’t address what happened in 2005. Shows how much you know. Keep talking nonsense and living in your own delusional world.

Stamps win if they play the best game of their lives....but that won't happen...Montreal will play the game of their lives.

Can we get back to what Calgary needs to do to win...

This post went downhill after “jm02” said that all Calgary needs to do is score more points…ya…I gave up on this thread after that and I see that it has only gotten worse.

...sorry to see you still haven't found that sense of humour, lemaire450/justafan2...whatever you wanna go by...