Calgary signs another receiver

Bucs' Burch signs with CFL team

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Former Charleston Southern wide receiver Bryant Burch signed a multi-year contract with the Calgary Stampeders of the Canadian Football League.

In Calgary, Burch is expected to play much the same role he did at CSU, playing wide receiver and also returning kicks and punts.

Burch a two-sport standout at CSU, caught 24 passes for 452 yards in 2006 and was the Buccaneers' leading kickoff returner. In track, Burch made it to the final in the 100 meters at the Big South Indoor Championships.

Yet another receiver. :lol:

Link:

[url=http://www.charleston.net/assets/webPages/departmental/news/Stories.aspx?section=sports&tableId=139638&pubDate=4/19/2007]http://www.charleston.net/assets/webPag ... =4/19/2007[/url]

Player Profile

Bryant Burch - #14

Pos.: WR Ht.: 5-8 Wt.: 150
Hometown: Cheraw, S.C.
Previous School: Chesterfield HS
Eligibility: Sr. Major:

Listed as one of three starting receivers entering fall practice … all-conference track performer who aided greatly in the passing game last season … 2005: Played in nine games, catching 12 passes for 172 yards and a touchdown … caught three passes for 73 yards, including a 53-yard touchdown reception against North Greenville … caught five passes for 54 yards against VMI … returned seven kickoffs for 91 total yards with a long of 24 yards against VMI …High School: named the rookie of the year in 1998 ... named MVP on Offense in 1999 and 2000 ... three-time all-region selection ... was the captain of the basketball team and a three-year letterman in baseball, holds the school record for stolen bases ... played four sports his senior year ... earned all-state distinction as a sprinter ... Personal: son of Lee and Yvonne Burch ... also a member of the track program at CSU earning all-conference in the 100m dash and the 4X100m relay.

DRAFT 2007 PROSPECT - WR/KR/P #14 BRYANT BURCH (Charleston Southern)...Star track athlete at Charleston Southern who also opted to play football his Junior & Senior seasons (2005, 2006). Has made himself into a legit prospect, by adding 16 quality pounds...now coming in at 166 lbs...and expects to hit 170- 175 before the season. Has explosive speed and quickness...was recently timed between 4.36 - 4.42 in the 40. Current body fat is less than 4%...and he continues to add quality mass/strength. In track competition, he posted times of 6.48 in the 55 meter, 6.97 in the 60 meter, 10.65 in the 100 meter, and 21.57 in the 200 meter as times have gotten faster as he has added the quality weight. In football, he was Charleston Southern's vertical threat in 2006, averaging nearly 20 yards per catch on 24 catches (450+ yards) with 4TD's, including an 81 yard yarder. The coaching staff is very high on his potential....and feel his best football is just in front of him. Outstanding character and work ethic....very intelligent and well spoken. Playmaker with nothing but upside. Has already attracted the interest of CFL teams. Very impressive athlete that that makes a strong first impression.

RECENT SCOUTING BUREAU EVAL/GRADE - YES

So, does that mean you'll send Boerichter to us now! :wink: :wink: :wink:

Doubtful, but you can probably have Copeland for a roll of tape and a Dance with France album.

No, cfleskfan, I like my hot dogs with mustard and onions. RW2005 and I will never see eye to eye on TD dances, thats why I didn't suggest with a wink Copeland.

...oh no rw05, another signing!.....this for sure puts us over the cap....

Pos.: WR Ht.: 5-8 Wt.: 150

Is that a typo ?

Wow way over! CFlesksfan is still in dreamland thinking Copeland is expendable.
10 receivers so far and there is yet one more that has not been announced. I agree someone has to go but I think there are a few that do not fit in the plans of the stamps after camp not before.
1)Nik Lewis, 2)Boerigter, 3)Copeland, 4)Thelwell, 5) Rambo 6)Marcus Howell, 7) Ralph, 8) Bryant Burch, 9)Johnson 10) Thurmon.

Yup just with those 10 we are way over the cap.

Other then Tucker I would take any of these guys then what the Eskiscmoes have in their camp.

That was his 1st year of college. The later is his senior year. Remember when he started out in College he was in track. :lol:

I wonder if Taman will collect some the cuts from both the Riders and Stamps, it looks as though some good receivers are not going to make either squad this year. I can bet you 05, that Taman will be looking hard at who the Stamps and Riders cut at reciever :lol:

…Taman might be looking hard, but so is Dejardins, who has the cap room?..my bet is Hamilton…

R&W the Tiger cats are in need of receivers so is Taman. :lol:
I would have to say the Eskimos are getting down to bare bones as well. They have Gaylord, Tuckerand Mitchell so they to might require a receiver in the mix. My guess would be to work on rookies. Where as the Tiger cats could use proven veterans to fix their team.

Most teams would probably be interested if a good NI receiver came available, but as randw has pointed out, someone else will likely have to go to make room.

It would make more sense to see either the Stamps or Riders pick up one of Craver or Williams as both of those secondaries are starting to look very thin, just for injury insurance I mean.

Piggy you be Taman let Barker do the job. We will have guys to choose from at camp. Those two were not good enough for the Eskies I would say they are not good enough for the Stamps. Only Taman would recruit like that ha ha ha ha ha

Considering the Eskies gave up fewer passing yards than the Stamps last season and they have brought in superior players to replace those two one would conclude they would be upgrades. The Riders as well are banking on unproven replacements, maybe they fit maybe they don't, I am at least happy my GM doesn't leave it to chance.

Taman's idea of recruitment is waiting for cuts. :lol: :lol: :lol: