Calgary Releases Stevie Baggs

8) The Stampeders have released former TiCat Stevie Baggs today.
   Winnipeg released former TiCat hopeful QB, Chase Clement also.

Please don't someone on here say now,  "Bring Stevie Baggs back to Hamilton"  !!!    <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->
     He is done.  Actually he was done his last season in Hamilton !!

Come on, Tipper. Obviously Calgary was just using him wrong in training camp. :wink:

Still, sucks for any player to be out of work, and though I never met Baggs, it sounds like he's a nice guy.

And, Jordan Matechuk, another former Cat was one of SSK’s final cuts.

Upon his arrival to Hamilton, Stevie Baggs brought a buzz and excitement that lifted the community of fans and maybe even some of the players. However, in the end, the scene was very different.

I never met him, but got the feeling he was a good guy. Seemed to be considerate with the fans and the city.

I wish him well.

If only he would have driven through Ontario to get to camp a few years back :oops:

Very well said. I could not agree more.

I met him at a celebrity waitering event when he was a Ticat. He was very nice and even bought my 3 kids a bear they were selling for St. Joes healthcare. He gained a life long fan in my oldest daughter that day, she even has an autographed jersey of his. He is a definite class act.

Good luck to him in his career and future endeavours :slight_smile: .

:thup: :thup:

Ran into Baggs only once. He was picking up Ticat swag to buy for his family and friends.... just weeks before he was cut. Very pleasant and engaging man in that meeting.

Chase was not much a TiCat hopeful as he quit after one day in camp. (not fond of Canadian style football)

Baggs is, and always was, a class act...

[b]So what’s the next step for the 31-year-old?

“Your guess is as good as mine,? Baggs said. “I still feel like I can play. I still feel like I can contribute. When you have the respect of your peers and they’re as surprised and shocked as you are, that kind of validates those feelings.

“I do have two (CFL) teams, for sure, that are nibbling, but we’ll have to see if it’s something that really comes to fruition,? he added.

The Fort Lauderdale, Fla., native is planning to stick around Calgary until he sorts things out.
“I don’t want to make any drastic movement and head back home down south and then get a call from a CFL team or even get a call back here,? Baggs said. “If it’s time for football to be over and I have to move on to the next part of my life, then we’ll see.?

The veteran of seven CFL seasons and former Bethune-Cookman linebacker says it’s all love for the Stamps and GM/head coach John Hufnagel & Co.

“I still have a ton of respect for this organization, regardless of being released or relaunched to whatever new chapter of my life, I still have respect for the Stampeders all the way through,? Baggs said.[/b]

[url=http://www.torontosun.com/2013/06/24/stevie-wonders-what-happened-with-calgary-stampeders]http://www.torontosun.com/2013/06/24/st ... stampeders[/url]