Calgary Quarterbacks

Is Bo Levi done with the team has not played for so long?

2 Likes

Bo is done until Maier gets hurt. although i’m inclined to throw Tommy Stevens in there and run the ball wildcat formation with him and Carey all game. also, yes i do think Bo SHOULD be done.

1 Like

Calgary has a couple of meaningless games ahead of them. It’ll be interesting to see who starts today and next week.

1 Like

This is a pretty noteworthy accomplishment given that Calgary didn't have the most fleet-footed of QBs last season. Maier will need his OL to keep up their strong performance now that he's undisputed #1 going into camp.

2 Likes

It would be nice if the coaches could teach Jake Maier when to put air on the ball or flatten it out with a little more speed for long passes down the field or two the sidelines. He is still not performing this as of the 102723 game with the Bombers - and sometimes even on shorter passes getting the right air time at the right time. On would think with two retired all star hall of famers with the team they would see this and get him working on it. Unless he is just not swift enuf in his seeing the field or does not have the physical arm to pull this off consistently - hence all of the interceptions.

You are wrong totally wrong. . The current QB can throw all those types of passes… He is just really bad at doing them

1 Like

The real story , the head honchos in cowtown rightly dumped Bo. His best before date already expired.
They thought that the guy they had groomed to take over was going to shine bright for the next 5 or more seaons.
They thought wrong.
I think the Stamps have all the other pieces… just missing the QB

rider01.1Its the meat between the ears (i was putting it in more kind language) but it was D’s and H’s decision and one would think after seeing him play when they benched Bo last year they would have recognized this and brought in more QB talent. For example if one really looks at Tre in Edmonton one can see that the wheels up there are moving tres fast. Agreed that they have most of the other pieces save one or two better in the defensive backfield but in Canadian league it is easier to replace the other pieces and less so important than the QB whose play directly or indirectly affects the whole team.

1 Like

Elk took their time benching who they wanted to be the Number one QB too. Reluctant as ever to admit he was not the guy.
Same in Riderville, was it really who got thrown under the bus last sesson. Namely the QB and the O coordinator. They moved east and are in the playoffs albeit with a even more porus o line than the riders had last year and again this year…
Judy still out on if Riders have a keepable and capable QB. Same boat the Stamps are in.