Calgary Just Handed Hamilton there new HC

Tom Higgins! he would be a perfect fit for HeadCoach.

Calgary set to sign John Hufnagel to be there new Head Coach this leaves Tom Higgins exposed.

with the firing of Marcel it almost makes it offical that Mr.Taffee won't be here next season so why not Tom Higgins? I think he could be the one to turn this Franchise around.

No not Tom Higgins, George Cortez, the guy responsible for Burris's MVP season.

You said it! Flanders, aka Clappy Clapperton is not the answer IMO. Cortez is the real deal.

Somehow I thought you might feel that way. :smiley:

ticats should have beat cal to john.

TSN says Cortez is staying on because he is good friends with Hufnagel

I have always thought that Higgins has been a good coach and seemed to have gotten a raw deal in Edmonton - but then again - I didnt really know the situation in Edmonton

Anyway, I like Higgins but I think that Taaffe deserves at least another year, because:
he has proven that he can coach in the CFL with Montreal

he had the disadvantage of Marcel not giving him proper talent (debateable I know)

and finally, a year ago everybody was hoping and wishing for Taaffe to come on board.

His Teams in Montreal were stacked with talent. He proved nothing there.He did prove that he is a pushover here and has no control over his players. Just my 2cents of course

I would have killed for Cortez when the Renegades started up, but ended with Paopao instead.

Great call, Tillman. :roll:

re-, a year ago everybody was hoping and wishing for Taaffe to come on board.

not!!! - just like i didnt vote liberal, and now i hope they keep Taaffe so i can Laugh at all those who pined to bring him here lmao :twisted: - um but not you caretaker

Yup, light years between Cortez and Paopao. Imagining a Printers-run offence with a Cortez playbook; now THAT would be something.

Hehe… you just know me too well, so you can’t help it. :stuck_out_tongue:

.He did prove that he is a pushover here and has no control over his players. Just my 2cents of course
The exact same quote can also be applied to former coach Greg Marshall and to last years coach Mr. Lancaster !!!!!!!

My IMPRESSION is that Higgins is MOVING UP to be GM in Calgary ... something about CONTINUITY breeding SUCCESS.

Call them CRAZY, eh ?

Peace.

Yes cause we all know they would have kept him around if they went 3-15. Get real.

Can someone explain a minor point of the salary cap to me?

If Calgary signs Hufnagel to a multi million dollar contract as HC and/or GM for several years, does this not lock them up on salary cap?

And sort of "live or die" with whatever turns out of the status of the team, today, as opposed giving any sort of flexibility should changes need be made in future?

Calgary isn't a bad team, but let Henry Burris get injured for a season and they aren't anything "deadly" to the League, in terms of taking any titles...and are deep enough that an expansion draft would "raid" on them heavily...(they cannot protect everyone!)

Hufnagel is asking a ton of cash...if that is coming out of the player's potential salaries, I'd wonder if they weren't vulnerable to a number of risks...

Is the League going to do something about the "above Cap" teams this year, or in future?

Will the supercharged Cdn Dllar aler the appearance of rosters in the CFL?

All good questions!

Lifter

The SMS is for players only. You can spend as much as you want on coaching.