Calgary at BC - Gameday Thread

One thing they never mention on TV is that Rob Murphy is not the same as he was the last 2 years. It seems he gets beat quite a bit this year. He won't be Lineman of the year this year.

I have no idea what happened to the team that was filled with all-stars last year. 4th place and for the first time in a long time I feel we deserve it.

D back field gets burned on the mid-long pass every time. D line, little to no pressure. Jarious Jackson looking like crap. Maybe we'll get a cross over, but even if we do this season is a black mark on the Lions.

Lions are in trouble. Murphy is playing awful, oline as a whole looks like swiss cheese, defence has given up 30+ points per game most weeks, qb is still unresolved, special teams coverage is poor, defensive coordinator has no answers.

If I wasnt such an optimist I'd go on forever!

Its not what one expects from any Buono-coached squad. I don't fault Pierce for that pick though, even the most veteran QBs will hurry a bad decision in the dying moments now and then. Its not really fair to call Buck a rookie anyway, considering he's been on the Lions roster since 05 or 06, and started a good stretch of games in one of his first couple years when Dickenson was on the IR. Played rather well at that time IIRC, or at least I remember being impressed. The shoulder problems may have taken something away from his game though, like they did during Maas' time in Hamilton or Printers' injuries did down south.

Gotta agree, the o-line is looking bad and the defense is missing Dave Ritchie.

...got to agree pigseye....(geez i'm sure agreeing with you a lot lately)lol...anyway...the leos need to make a trade....Gardner Joe has to go....how about a three way deal???? Argos trade Arland Bruce to the Bombers for Canuck o line-man Sheridan...then B.C. swaps the gardening guy for Sheridan...Everyone wins ...yes???no????may-be so?????These clubs need a shake-up :wink:

Remember against three rookie olineman. I think the youngins did very well. Labinjo was blowing by Murphy and Jimenez tonight not sure what their problem is but hopefully DB Wally can fix that.

I agree I think they miss DD more then they should admit. The young QB’s do not have anyone pushing them to play to their ability. I have noticed Hank has matured some what with DD over his shoulder.

Yes Red I said before how DD even though he was injured, is the glue that held the QB's together.
And it was very apparent yesterday.

He does not get enough credit for his influence for sure. I would like to see Dave get a game in just to show the appreciation cfl fans should have for him. He will make a good coach in the future.

Good game Stamps, you guys played better than us and deserved the win. Everytime the Lions fought hard from behind to tie the game our defence would give up a big play. I can probably count on one hand the number of times the Stamps punted the ball last night.

With regards to reffing, I didn't really like the pass interference call on Banks at the end of the game. I didn't think there was really any contact there at all.

On a more positive note, Logan was absolutely incredible last night and seems like the real deal. I have not seen the BC crowd respond to a player that way in a very long time. He brought the crowd to their feet time and time again.

Speaking of the crowd, the 34,000+ in BC Place last night should be really proud. I'm not sure what it sounded like on TV but that is the loudest I've heard a crowd in the dome since the playoff game last season. Everyone was cheering on D and getting into the game. Kudos to those Lions fans who attended last night.

I thought Logan was the real deal too. He should start getting alot more acknowledgement if he runs like that every game. Same with Harris on the Esks squad and Caulley in HAM, who unfortunately is stuck in Lumsden’s shadow.

I was surprised when DD was cut by the Lions. I thought they'd bring him on as backup QB/Offensive Co-ordinator, or something along those lines.

We wanted to, but just couldn't offer the amount of money he wanted to stay here in Vancouver. Calgary matched our offer and since he and his family lives there, he went for that instead.

I think the deal was somewhere in between 100 and 200k. We couldn't give him more based on his injury status, how much do you pay a guy to hold clipboard?

I agre that we miss him, but you have make some sacrifices to stay under the cap.

Actually he signed for less then the Vancouver offer to play in Calgary to be with family.

well, actually DD had a brand-new contract he signed with BC in June 2007. But after suffering another injury, he was released around Christmas time to avoid paying his roster bonus. BC made no other offer, as Wally had "turned the page" on DD. It was Toronto which offered him $200k to compete for the starters job, but instead Dave chose a reported $150k offer to be backup in his hometown Calgary.