Edmonton

The writers' picks:

My picks:
Winnipeg
Toronto
BC
Ottawa

1 Like

Calgary (6-3) at Winnipeg (9-1). The Bombers are rested, they're at home, and they're probably angry about how their last game ended, all of which spells bad news for Calgary, which suddenly has a QB controversy.

Hamilton (3-7) at Toronto (4-5). Flip a damn coin. Both teams coming off nail-biting losses, both wildly inconsistent, both hit by injuries. Hamilton hasn't won yet on the road, but Shiltz carried the mail last week and Toronto's offense is going to continue to struggle without Andrew Harris, even more so against Hamilton's front four. Cats in yet another nail-biter.

Saskatchewan (5-5) at BC (8-1). Rourke is out, but the Lions are still the better team, and they're at home.

Ottawa (1-8) at Edmonton (3-7). Another coin flip. Logic says Ottawa stops being wretched for one week, since it's hard to beat a team back to back. But Ottawa also finds bold and innovative new ways to lose every week. Could go either way. I think Ottawa does just enough to win and keep LaPolice from being fired, for now.

1 Like

Against any other team, I’d be very tempted to take Calgary with Maier running the offense. I’m still quite curious to see if he can make a game of it against Winnipeg’s D.

2 Likes

Calgary (6-3) at Winnipeg (9-1)

Hamilton (3-7) at Toronto (4-5)

Saskatchewan (5-5) at BC (8-1)

Ottawa (1-8) at Edmonton (3-7)

My main point is that there is a big Gap between Rourke and O'Connor. Won't even be a contest in BC. That's my Lock for the Week girls and boys!

Calgary
Toronto,
BC,
Edmonton

Thanks.

But don’t you think there’s also a big gap between the Lions and Riders?

Here, the OC says everything you’d expect him to say about O’Connor . . . guess we’ll see come Friday night.

1 Like

Winnipeg
Toronto
BC
Ottawa
Thanks Abby

Winnipeg over Calgary - Homer pick. If the Oline isn’t improved from last week Bombers will be in trouble.

Toronto over Hamilton - I still really don’t like picking either of these teams. Toronto because they are at home this week and played Calgary close last week.

BC over Saskatchewan - O’Connor will get the job done at home with the weapons BC has. Will be tough for Sask and wouldn’t be surprised if the gut out a win on pure desperation.

Edmonton over Ottawa - not sure why all the hype for Ottawa last week. Even with Arbukle starting I think Edmonton get revenge for last season and sweeps the season series and gets the elusive home win.

Good luck all.

Thanks again Abby

The variation in picks this week is really interesting. I don't think any game is guaranteed or has an obvious winner. If I go no lower than 2-2, I'll probably be happy!

3 Likes

My picks for Week #12:
Winnipeg
Toronto
BC
Edmonton

Winnipeg
Toronto
BC
Ottawa

THX

Calgary
Hamilton
BC
Ottawa
This could be my 0-fer week :pray:

1 Like

Me too!

Winnipeg
Toronto
BC
Edmonton

If the 0-fer group are then I can't be.

WPG
TOR
BC
EDM

Cheers Abbey :beers:

I was excited for O’Connor when he was drafted but seeing him play compared to someone like Prukop, I’d take Prukop who among the backups would rank only behind Maier in my opinion. So, no, while I think Rourke elevates all the other players, I don’t think O’Connor will and players like Rhymes and Butler might come back down to Earth.

:+1::pray:t3:

Winnipeg
Toronto
BC
Ottawa

Calgary (6-3) at Winnipeg (9-1) - Calgary is not of the same calibre. If they play Maier they might have a shot

Hamilton (3-7) at Toronto (4-5) - played too many times this year. Hamilton needs this one more than TO and will play desparate.

Saskatchewan (5-5) at BC (8-1) - BC without Rourke will take a bit to gel. Beating any team three times in rapid succession is tough. they would have with Rourke but is unknown right now

Ottawa (1-8) at Edmonton (3-7) - two bad teams this year. Edmonton will finally get a home win