Bye week

So with the bye week upon us, what will the team do? I don't know how to make one of those polls, sorry.
but: stand pat?
minor changes to personnel?
blockbuster move?
decision on Moe Mann?
shore up the DL to get a better rush?
more DB help?

I don't know what the rest of the team is going to do, but here's what a few of them will be doing:

[url=http://timestranscript.canadaeast.com/news/article/1431742]http://timestranscript.canadaeast.com/n ... le/1431742[/url] :thup: :thup: :thup:

From Saturday's game I would say that the greatest need the team has is the D-line.

We need Garrett back

I hope he comes back

Chamblin has to figure out a way to get more of a pass rush from our front seven. He also has to make an adjustment to stop that stupid swing pass teams keep doing against us for an easy 8 yards.
We need Carlos Thomas back.

Khari has to get together with KG and study the heck out of Winnipeg's defense.

I think they will give the team a week off and then back to practice after the week off.

My guess is that they’ll be back for Thurs. & Fri, then off Sat & Sun, and back for Mon, Tues, & Wed. – or – stretch the holiday this week to make Sat. the travel back day and schedule practices for Sun, Mon, Tues & Wed. before flying to Swaggerville on Thurs.

I hate Bye Weeks

+1

Please, can we all, as non-Bomber fans, not use that stupid term? Call it anything else, please.

I’ve been a Tiger-Cat all my life, but also a fan of he CFL and, so far this season, more than anything that’s happened in the league, I admire the accomplishments of Coach Lapo and his team in “Swagerville.”

I’m fine with that – I think Winnipeg has done a great job as well – but the name is stupid and annoying. Having to sit through Bomber games when that seems to be the fifth word out of everyone’s mouth makes me want to watch the game on mute.

I appreciate that response Blogskee and, in respect of it, I’ll do my best to never use that term again. Hopefully it will be put to rest on August 26th, anyway.

Besides, we all know that Steeltown and Oskee Wee Wee beat Swaggerville every day of the week. :smiley:

On our bye week, 3 of the 4 teams playing this week are 1 and 6.

T.O. against Sask. and B.C. against Edm.

One of these 1 and 6 teams are assured of making the playoffs.

It is a big weekend for these 3 teams.

I am hoping that over the break , Jason Shivers takes a "Tackling 1A6 Course". He must have pictures of Mayor Quimby in compromising positions. I can't think of a reason why he is a starter. The need for a defensive tackle push up the middle seems obvious to me but then again I'm no doctor. I think we were lucky to beat the Argos but I have faith that Obie will use this time to bolster the lineup for the playoff push. :slight_smile:

Pat Lynch(the old guy)

Certainly agree with your comment, Pat, on Shivers' need for tackling practice. The Argo game was not the only time that was very obvious. Unfortunately, it's one of the games' most important skills which I don't think is ever practised once training camp ends.

Rather than starting a new thread, maybe titled "How Things Have Changed," I'll add this observation here:

Passing time during this bye-week break, I looked up the depth chart from last year's playoff game for a comparison to the Cats' line-up against the Argos this past weekend. Amazing how much has changed, a couple due to injuries, but most by team management's choice. Of last week's 24 starters, 13 were not starters in the 2010 playoff. And in addition, on Special Teams, the key positions -- kicker, punter, long snapper, and holder -- are all different. Also, comparing the full list of 42 dressed players, only 14 (exactly 1/3) were in uniform for both games -- Glenn, Porter, Stala, Matt Carter, D'Arcy Brown, Hickman, Baggs, Knowlton, J. Johnson, Hood, Barrenechea, Hinds, Shivers and Beswick.

Where were Marwan, Pete and Simeon…the donut shop? O-line…shunned again.

patlynch(the old guy wrote:

"I am hoping that over the break , Jason Shivers takes a "Tackling 1A6 Course". He must have pictures of Mayor Quimby in compromising positions. I can't think of a reason why he is a starter....etc"

Pat: Very good! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lots of festivals, concerts etc. around the area happening right now to fill your time. 8)