Bye Bye Paopao

120 mins at home - 2 pts

Good bye Paopao
Good bye Paopao

I haven’t missed a home game in 13 plus years but the last two are the only two I have left early . How low can the offence go ?

I don’t blame the defence but long can you keep them out with that kind of offence

Bye Bye Paopao

Hammerfan

Well, at least they did not get shutout this time around.

Add Special Teams Coach Erdman to the list.

2/3 of our team is incompetent - offense + special teams. Defense is not really that bad - they have break downs but they are on the field too much.

Can only blame these 2 coaches for the lack of execution.

agreed

Its way more than just firing a caoch! Dropped passes, missed tackles, bad snaps, offsides… Maas has 5 options and he chooses a 5 yard curl as his primary when they need 9 yards against a zone D???

I`m thinking Marshall would still be the coach had he hired a different OC .

indeed..it so obvious that Pao Pao has to go.

lancaster is the only constant in the last 3 years. He is the author of this mess. Fire the General now.....

I try to stay out of post-game rhetoric, because much of it seems to turn into bitching for the sake of bitching, without solving anything.
But, the firing of Paopao has become key to the future of the team.
Another thread bemoans the fact that Flick doesn't get thrown to. Correct! Has Flick suddenly lost the skills he has shown for the past few years? Of course not!
It has been a long time since we saw a Ticat receiver get into an open space, except 30 yards away on the sideline, with two DB's waiting to make the tackle.
A good Offensive coach can design plays that create open spaces. We just have to watch other teams' games to know this is true.
Lancaster can't be blamed for this completely. He can't create a new playbook overnight. But, after firing players for obvious incompetence, it's time to carry that attitude forward into the coaching staff.
It will be sad if we see another game with these weak offensive patterns.

Another thing, in passing... It is becoming obvious that Maas is NOT going to lead us into the Promised Land. Maybe in a couple of years, but waiting is not the recipe for success.

The best CFL coach and he is Montreal has no patience for poor coaching or playes who don't perform.

Toronto fired AUSTIn because he ws not able to get the offence working with the players that he has. Period. No excuse of their starting QB not being there for all those games, he still should have been able to come up with a game plan for the players that he did have playing.

Meanwhile here in Hamilton, we have had a few injuries on the offence but MASS has been there for almost every game. SO WHY IS PAOPAO STILL HERE. The guy didn't have a single winning season when he was with Ottawa, so why did we hire him????????????????????????

Are we going to hire the nicest person we can find to be the head coach next year even if his record shows that he is not up to parr?????????

The team can not wait until next year to make a few more coaching changes if they want the fans to believe they are doing everything they can to win. PERIOD.

TC's offensive style isn't a lot different than pre Paopao. The problem in direction is in another area of the management structure.

TC's offensive style isn't a lot different than pre Paopao. The problem in direction is in another area of the management structure.

Umm,somebody mentioned at least we didnt get shut out.Well we did get shut out,the only reason we got 2 points is because the Argos gave them to us.

The wrong coach got fired.

I've got to say I was really happy when it was first announced that we had signed Paopao to be our offensive coordinator. However, it's clear to me now that his offence is absolutely HORRENDOUS.

Earlier in the year I thought the problem was that we don't throw the ball downfield enough, but after watching the plays from the stands last night, we rarely have more than 2 receivers running routes that are more than 10 yards. Most of the time it's only 1 receiver going downfield. How hard is it for a professional defence to stop this offence?

We're supposed to be running a "ball control" offence. The idea being that we march down the field and control both time of possession and field position. Our offence does neither. At the start of the game last night we were killing them in field position, but we didn't score. Not even a field goal. There's no excuse for that when we're starting around our own 45 for the whole first quarter.

WHERE'S THE MOTION??? We started the game with some nifty plays with some interesting motion, and it clearly messed up the defence. But as the game went on there was no motion and we all know how "well" the offence did.

Toronto fired AUSTIn because he ws not able to get the offence working with the players that he had. Period. No excuse of their starting QB not being there for all those games, he still should have been able to come up with a game plan for the players that he did have playing.
This is a great quote because regardless of who's on the team it's up to the coaches to put the players in the best position to win games. There shouldn't be excuses for such poor play; not for the players and not for the coaches.

I really thought the offence was coming around after the Winnipeg game, but that was clearly an exception to the rule.

Add Special Teams Coach Erdman to the list.
Again, I have to agree. Our team was in a big rut last night, but did we even try to block a punt? Especially down near the goal line? No. Do we ever try and block a field goal? No. What's up with this guy. Our return teams aren't breaking any big returns, why not go for a block every once in a while! That could have been a game changing play for us. Lord knows we needed some kind of boost. Plus, with no pressure on the punter Prefontaine took his time and kicked bombs. Maybe if he had a rush in his face he would have been kicking 40 yard punts instead of 50 yarders.

Should have fired everyone BUT Marshall....
Kavis Reed is a close second tho.