Bye Bye Banks

…traded to Montreal for Kliff Kingsbury…why Montreal would want him is anybody’s guess…

:)

I am an Als' fan, so my opinion cannot be considered to be unbiased......

But my opinion is that Taman won this trade. If I was in Popp's shoes, I would not have pulled the trigger on such a deal. Banks has never impressed me, either in Ottawa or in Winnipeg.

I remember Matthews saying years ago that he thought Banks was a young gun. But that hardly seems sufficient motivation for Popp to make this deal. Like I said in the Als section, this trade stinks of Bellefeuille to me.

...do you know anything about this Kingsbury guy MadJack......i also think you're getting stiffed in this trade...Popp must be getting desperate to want any part of Banks....but heh...he could work out for you in the future, given time.....a lot of time....(sorry bout that) :lol: Kliff Kingsburys' stats. don't look too bad...but i'm afraid he'll also be a work in progress...at least we got something for Brad..... :roll: :roll: :roll: :wink: i think....

Popp can you say nice playbook of our rivals! :lol: :lol:
Banks for some reason did not bad when he was in Ottawa for some reason he goes to the QB graveyard and he is no good. Dad how many QB's have gone through Taman's turnstile now. I guess I am being a bit hard on him right. :slight_smile:

Disclaimer: It is a question not a bash so do not get your underwear in a knot

Papa I only know of Kingsbury from what I've read here and in the Gazette...so my knowledge of him is about on the same level as yours. At least he's not Ted White.

You might as well have said, "At least he's not a corpse." :lol:

....Banks didn't show us anything.....he looked good for the Rens.....briefly.....Tilman rated him high (guess we should've woke up then)...and we gave him a shot....He could work out for the Als.....who knows....

On finding a qb.......a good back-up to Glenn is definitely needed....but then again i think a few clubs are looking for that commodity... :wink: :roll:

and to think we picked Banks and St.Germain when we probably couldve traded those two backup player picks to sask for the top pick and Joseph.... pisser... St.Germain wont start with Gauthier Khan Greene Goodspeed and Sheridan, and we took him like 6 overall ahead of korey banks... yikes.

Given a fresh start in Montreal, Banks has the physical tools to play. He may simply need the right situation.
Maybe people should remember nobody wanted Anthony Calvillo in 1998 either, until Montreal picked him up off the scrap heap....