By the Numbers: The last time each team went 0-1/ 1-0...

I've posted this on a couple of the Facebook groups too but wanted to share my research here with everybody.

By the stats, the Riders haven't lost their first game in half a decade but still managed that year (2006) to make it all the way to the Finals; this was before Durant, Fantuz and a few others if memory serves so I'm optimistic that we'll be able to rebound from Sunday. Going forward, I will start updating the list along with other comparison stats each week on my scoretarget.com site:

SSK 0-1 -- last occurrence: 2006, ended season 3rd in West, lost Final to BC
BC 0-1 -- last occurrence: 2009,occurrence, ended season 4th in West, did not qualify for playoffs
CGY 0-1 -- last occurrence: 2009, ended season 2nd in West, lost Final to SSK
EDM 1-0 -- last occurrence: 2009, ended season 3rd in West, lost Semi to CGY

WPG 1-0 -- last occurrence: 2010, ended season 4th in East, did not qualify for playoffs
HAM 0-1 -- last occurrence: 2010, ended season 2nd in East, lost Semi to TOR
TOR 1-0 -- last occurrence: 2009, ended season 4th in East, did not qualify for playoffs
MTL 1-0 -- last occurrence: 2010, ended season 1st in East, won Grey Cup

I believe in my pool i have riders at 6-12 this year…haha.

in all seriousness, 1 game means very little typically. That being said, it must be a huge confidence booster to the Bombers and their fans…especially on the road. For me, I don’t mind the Rider’s loss, but it is a little more painful when the team plays so poorly all around. For the Stamps, they showed glimmers of greatness late, and I don’t think there are any huge concerns there. Hamilton needs to work on its pass defense. TO will win tight games, like last year. They need a QB that can pas 40 yards on the sideline…Lemmon looks like he has improved with decision making, I just don’t think he has the arm strength for the CFL.

Really, barring the Rider’s lackluster showing, I thought all other teams had something positive to build off of…areas to focus on tweaking.

The Lions in '09 crossed over and won the east semi did they not?

That's true they did on the crossover, little mistake above by greenpaladin.

Sorry about that guys, I'll update the research process for Week 2!