By the next game......

......I expect Charlie and his co-ordinators to be gone.
Let their assistants take over while Obie weaves his magic and works on getting a new Head Coach. Bring in Dave Ritchie on a temporary basis until then...likely until the end of the season.
The fans may continue to stay away but without any changes that will happen anyway.
What has to stop....is thinking Charlie is the coach of the future. His tenure has been a disaster. He has failed to get control of this team and his co-ordinators since he arrived. If he continues as Head Coach, all of Bob Young's good work with the off-field part of this team will suffer too.
This present situation just cannot go on. The Head Coach has to accept responsibilty for this team's pitiful record since he arrived.
Its all up to you Scott Mitchell and Obie.

Right on - Charlie has lost his audience

Ditto

A sign of a coach losing his team is that they give up and dont play hard. The play by Bradley against Saskatchewan and the fact that we almost pulled out both games tells me that this team is still playing hard for their coach and have bought in to his style.

This is not the Lancaster/Marshall/Desjardins situation we have been used to. There is stability in the front office with Mitchell/Rambo/Obie… we now need stability on the field.

^^^^^

Ditto.

I have to say that I am dissapointed in Charlie. I was excited when we first signed him and then slowly my confidence in him has faded away. Even with that whole fiasco about going back to the NCAA... Now I am waiting for him to prove himself. I'll be waiting another week.

Crash I Agree…
This not Time to Fire the Coach
We are better you have Remember this Young Team

In more ways than one. :wink:

Keep the team, make adjustments as the games are played, not after.

Keep everyone. Don't change a thing. Lets see if this team actually has any talent

Keep everyone. Don't change a thing. Lets see if this team actually has any talent
This team has great talent...a great group of core players, unfortunitly we have a Coaching staff that is far below sub-par. When you have folks in the stands...and on this forum, that have a better understanding of how to use those players, to their max ability... what more, has to be said. You want to keep this group of Coaches as not to upset the chances of this team making a turn-around, in 2008 ? You must be joking.... You want to keep these guys until the Cats are 1 or 2 and 16 ??? Because that is exactly where we are going my friends....place your bets, everyone.

Cheers

8) Do you truthfully think that Charlie will be gone by the next game ?? Considering that next game is in 5 days, I can assure that that is not going to happen at all !! Keep on dreaming !!!!! :roll:
Do you truthfully think that Charlie will be gone by the next game ?? Considering that next game is in 5 days, I can assure that that is not going to happen at all !! Keep on dreaming !!!!!
If Obie is as smart as everyone seems to think he is, he will not let this drag on. Good GM's like good bosses are decisive and don't wait to see how things play out. They make moves and control how things play out. My guess is Monday or Tuesday next week.
8) So in your opinion, Obie will fire Charlie on Monday or Tuesday, just 2 or 3 days before our game in Montreal !!! Yep, that sure makes intelligent sense !!
That would leave us with no head coach 48hrs before our Montreal game.  None of our assistants are capable or qualified to take over as HC, as we have already been witness to so far this season !!!

If Obie was going to fire Charlie, it would have been immediately after Friday's game.  

Let me assure you, it is NOT going to happen in your imaginary time frame !!!          <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->

Why can't Obie be the coach? It's not like he has never done it before. Do you think he would have gone to the shotgun on 2nd and one. Don't think so....

So in your opinion, Obie will fire Charlie on Monday or Tuesday, just 2 or 3 days before our game in Montreal !!! Yep, that sure makes intelligent sense !!

That would leave us with no head coach 48hrs before our Montreal game. None of our assistants are capable or qualified to take over as HC, as we have already been witness to so far this season !!!

If Obie was going to fire Charlie, it would have been immediately after Friday’s game.

My logic would be more like… Obie sleeps on it Friday night. Meets with Bob on Saturday. Takes Sunday off because Bob says so. And Monday… Do you think we might lose even if he doesn’t make a move. I do…

Crash is right.

This team is MUCH better than last years and is much more competetive.

13 games to go yet.

8) Ok, I am sure that Obie as well as everyone else at this point is not happy with our record. That being said, Obie is the one that gave his seal of approval to retaining Charlie as our HC. Obie made that final decision himself !!
I am sure Obie has a time frame as to what he will do next.  If this team fails to show any improvement at all in the next 2 or 3 games, then something probably will happen.  If Charlie is canned, then the only person in the organization capable of taking over at this point would be Obie himself, of which I am sure he does not want to do !!

But we can not keep firing coaches like this on a regular basis, it not only makes the whole organization look completely inept, it throws the whole team into chaos.

Like it or not, I think we have to stick with Charlie for the whole season and see what transpires at the end of it.  We just might turn this whole thing around in the next few games, who knows !!

I would stand pat for now with a team as young as this !!!!   Remember all it takes is 2 or 3 wins in a row in Sept. and Oct. to get back into the playoff race at that point !!!!

Tipper wrote: "But we can not keep firing coaches like this on a regular basis, it not only makes the whole organization look completely inept, it throws the whole team into chaos."

Tipper: You don't think we look "inept" now? To continue with this present course is irresponsible.
There is nothing wrong with getting rid of a coach with a record of 4-23. Its a sign that management is not willing to put up with a losing team that can't shoot straight and appears directionless.
Its not the players. Its the coaching. Obie gave Charlie some more rope not a seal of approval. There's no more rope left. Gotta move on.

8) You have your ideas, I have mine. We shall both see who is right in the near future regarding the coaching situation !!!
 By the way, Obie certainly did give Charlie his seal of approval.  If you didn't know, Obie stated at that time that Charlie would not be on any short leash this season !!

If Obie had any doubts regarding Charlie's ability he would not have retained him at all.  

Remember, Obie put his own neck on the line by keeping Charlie, and I am sure that Charlie himself would not have returned if he felt that Obie indicated that he would be on a short leash this season !!!

That would have given Charlie the reason to bolt Hamilton then, and accept that UWV job !!!!!