Bush League

A certain team fires the general manager only 40-some-odd days after hiring him, and replaces him with a backup player from their roster. They then sign a player to a FIFTEEN-year contract.

Sounds awfully "bush league" to me.

But lo! It's the almighty, ne'er-do-wrong NHL! The God of Sport in this country! The receiver of all media attention! The lifeblood of the CBC!

Could it be that the CFL is not "bush league" at all? Or, heaven forfend, that the NHL (and even MLB, NBA, and NFL) are just as "bush league" as the CFL?

What WILL the detractors do if they are presented with this newfound evidence?!?

so the league is to blame for what 1 team does?

the Islanders have dont crazy things all the time. Yashin's contact ring a bell.

Also there were actuall rumours that Wang had scouts scouting sumo wresters for goalies.

Its Wang and the Islanders that is bush not the league...

Canuckev's point is that such moves would be laughed at all over the place had they happened in the CFL, but when it's in one of those grand leagues, it goes on as normal or almost.

There, it could even be considered gutsy moves. But here, it would be brain cramps.

....I dunno, of all the sports radio/TV guys I've heard ove rhe past few day none of them think this is a gutsy move, they all laugh like we do about Wang's insanity team.......the Islanders are a joke......I get your point Kev but I can't quite stretch the comparison to make it work.....

What I find bush league is a guy gets fined for an "illegal" hit in the boardroom, even though no flag was thrown on the play. Then a few weeks later, another player takes a cheap shot and possibly ends a guy's career , but since it was a legal hit , nothing will be done. That is bush league, big time.

.....this will follow you to your grave eh?.....I recommend counselling.......

No, im merely pointing out inconsistencies in how the league rules on things. A junior hockey player never was able to play in the pros because of what at the time was a legal hit, its now called checking or hitting from behind. If the CFL wants credibility and integrity, it will look at make cut or chop block illegal. BTW, Jurineack was suspended for a helmet-to-helmet hit and I do agree with it, it was a dirty play. The other one is highly debateable, seems to me the league needs to take a look at both these rules during the offseason, agreed?

Wasn't Jurineack's suspension overturned, and didn't he receive a fine instead? Thought I heard that.....

....there is no inconsistencies in how the league rules infractions.....Schultz's hit on Wynn was initially not called and later, after review, ruled illegal and a suspension/fine assessed......Lewis's hit on Wiltshire is legal, therefore no pending action to follow.....there is a view (that I share too) that the type of block Lewis leveled against Wiltshire should be made illegal......agreed?

Both Sportscasters Neil McCrae and Rick Dhaliwahl of CKNW all laughed at Wang and the Islanders. Calling the deal the most insane they have ever witnessed. Like Red, I see your point, but I beleive its the team that is "Bush" or "Nutty", not the league.

Problem is, when something stupid happens with a team in the CFL, it always reflects on the leqgue as a whole (according to the media), but if it happens in the NFL/NHL, it's the team only.

:lol: :lol: This is the funniest post you made in a long time! You should photo copy this baby and have it as a hand out at the next home game! :lol: :lol:

I do agree R&W , that the rule should be changed. Its too bad it takes a play like this for any change to be made. The hitting from behind rule came too late for the junior player I mentioned(Brad Hornung), and possibly too late for Wiltshire or the next player to lose a career to that type of hit.

...thing is, this type of hit was probably made a dozen times last weekend through the NFL and CFL games played and unfortunately one of those incidents turned out this way...I'm not justifying it here by any means, I'm just saying that's the reason it probably is still legal......common sense would say make it illegal, but since when are sports rules based on common sense?.....

Sambo think of it this way! 140,000 vehicles going down a freeway and one accident a day! Those are good odds do you not think. The same can be said for this particular block. It happens many times during a game. This particular one is what I am saying an accident injuries happy in this sport!

Yet another reason why I think the NHL is crap.

Back to the original post: Good job and....very true!!

For every example of a crazy things in the CFL , I can give you even more crazy things that happen in the NFL , MLB , NHL and the NBA.

The problem is that some in the Canadian media hold the CFL to 1 standard that doesn't apply to the other leagues.

They write articles with out any context to what has happened in other leagues.

It may be that the CFL only has 8 teams so things are more obvious.

" only in the CFL "

I don't think so!

re-sambo42-What I find bush league is a guy gets fined for an “illegal” hit in the boardroom, even though no flag was thrown on the play. Then a few weeks later, another player takes a cheap shot and possibly ends a guy’s career , but since it was a legal hit , nothing will be done. That is bush league, big time.
there should never have been a fine on that play, perhaps the cfl should move its head office to a nuetral city- the favortism is allmost getting obvious. The args have enouph HIGH priced talent they shouldnt need any HELP-IMO

.....what!?...no smilies?!?!.....