Burris's Referendum Day.....

...win the Big Game, prove he is not a post season choker, take his team to the Grey Cup (doesn't even have to win, just get there), and he'll be here for awhile....

...lose today and it's the last time we see Hank in a red jersey with white pants.....

...pretty simple...

Do you think so? I don't know, I don't see that happening.

I could see it happening quite easily...Burris has had ample opportunity in the past to prove his merit in big games, and hasn't been able to deliver much (unless we include his past abilities to deliver quite adequately to opposing teams). Will he definitely go? Nope. Is it plausible? Absolutely...

I guess if the Stamps lost and Hank was the #1 reason why, it could be possible. It seems highly unlikely to me.

I think this is the year that Henry finally gets the monkey off his back. Hufnagel and Dickenson are the positive influences on him, he has shown a maturity level that is unprecedented in his career. He is not going after referees, receivers or opposing players like he has previously. If a play fails, then he goes on to the next play, whereas in past years he would let that get to him. This is a big game for him, no question. The only way the Stamps lose Henry is via free agency, it would be foolish for the Stamps just to release him if they don't advance.

Send him to the Bombers! :lol:

Say what did you bump your head or something. Last time I heard this is a team game.

Yes please.

Although I hate defend him because he is a whiner on the field. There would be no reason to get rid of him. The his first two years in Calgary he had a bunch of players who weren't playing as team. I am surprised at how well hufie has been able to keep them together this year. If Calgary doesn't win, I suspect it won't be Burris's fault. It will hinge on a big play.

This is definitely a big day for Burris, not sure if I'd go so far to say it is his last game for the Stamps if they lose, but it is possible. One needs to consider the alternative if they give up on Burris and right now there are not a lot of QBs hanging around that are available. Who knows, maybe Nealey is ready to go for next year.

Henry, please for the sake of everyone's sanity on these forums get the monkey off your back this weekend. I don't think I can handle another week of listening to swervin, debra, and all the rest of them tell us how great the Lions are.

...head is fine rw05, no bumps...and yes I was prepared for the "team wins/loses the game" argument, been there and played the game so I really do understand that...but as the leader of that team it falls squarely on Hank's shoulders to take the team to the next level, like it or don't that is reality....I suppose if Hank has an incredible game and the D loses it on a last play dying seconds type of event then sure my sentiment is probably not valid...

...but I ask you this, how many times have we been in this situation and the leader of this squad, the man most responsible for putting points on the board, the franchise player, pooped his pants?....three times in three seasons with a record of 0-3....and if that record gets extended to 0-4 today then what do you say to seasons ticket holders?...'it's o.k. guys, we'll get there next year'...

Interesting, red... I suppose I could see it happening. But like Lady Green, I'm hoping for a Stamps win. I don't want a week of gloating for the Lions fans.

....hell yes it's interesting...this is the day that Henry puts it on the line....if you are a stamps fan this is the day Henry says "put your trust in me I can do this"....

...right now Henry Burris is the John Elway of the CFL...stats galore and the poster boy to win...but like JE pre-1997, the Big Kahuna Trophy has eluded him...we all know what happen to John....time for Henry to take his place in history, or not...

If we win I promise I won't gloat, but only because you asked so nicly.

Most Lions fans will win graciously, and most Stamps fans will win graciously...however, if a loss for either team allows their more prominent loudmouths to shut up for a few days, then I want neither team to win...I'm just hoping they beat the crap out of one another today...

Threw a TD, rushed for another, and just ran for a key first down. He came out rusty, but I'd say he got the monkey off his back. Congrats to Burris for making his first Grey Cup.

His best statistical playoff outing was a loss... Just saying :wink:

The biggest knock on Burris has always been that he can win you a game with great play, BUT he can lose you a game with bad decisions and bad turnovers. I give a lot of credit to the Stampeder coaching staff and to Burris for finally winning on of these big games. Not so long ago, Burris would have tried to be a superman and win that game, but lose it in the process. I, for one, am happy that Burris has turned that corner. He was not a superstar yesterday, but he 'managed' the game and worked, as a team member, to get the win.

Good job and good luck in the Grey Cup as I will cheer for the west. Once the game is done however, I will hate Calgary again and hope for their demise into the cellar of this division, back to the good old days of bad ownership, bad teams, and fairweather fans.

Sorry about that. I just saw the topic on Burris referendum day that this topic could be put under. If the mods would like to merge my comment into this pre-existing thread, I would be happy.