Burris Wounded

Really? dang thats a major blow to the Stamps... The Backup seems capable I guess we will see how capable.

Just chked my sources and yep, you are right. Burris had surgery
today to prevent any permanent damage from happening, which was
a possibility. Looks like he's out 3 to 8 weeks.

Jason Gesser is now the man. Should be interesting.

Why do i picture Dentor with a smile on his face, while typing that post. LOL

Good teams prevail over injuries, guess we'll find out if were any good.

bring on Gesser saw him play earlier in the season and he looked terrible...caught us on a bad night, he's got at least 2 weeks, maybe we will see Wimprine

When did you see him??? He was arguably our best qb in
training camp.

Nah...I would never wish a injury on anyone...even Booris :slight_smile:

Seriously, I think he is your best chance at a playoff spot, the guy was throwing some serious bullets, sure he makes mistakes but show me another High calibre QB that doesnt (Hello Ricky)
Dickenson is pretty close to flawless but can he survive the season taking the pounding that he has?
Gesser certainly looked poised but can he throw the long ball? seems to be your guys bread & butter.

This ensures the Riders trip to the playoffs. 300 and some grand for a washed up has been....you calgarians can keep him.

But no...I'm not bitter :slight_smile:

Sportsnet news confirmed the earlier post...Burris is out 3-8 weeks ( Interesting time frame) Hmm I already picked Calgary to beat Hamilton in Big Dave's pool. I guess I'll leave it alone. Maybe Calgary's backup will prevail.

Question for Calgary fans...Isn't Gesser A Wally Buono find? I want to think that Wally found him in BC and shipped him off to Calgary.

If my memory is correct, you Stamp fans needn't worry, considering Wally's record for finding quality Q.B.'s

I like Hank, when I went to the Damon Allen QB Challenge in the spring, he talked to the fans there and was very approachable, a real warm personality. All the best too him. But I think my Cats chances of winning our third game of the season just got better that he won't be playing Saturday, and that is good! Hope you get better soon Henry but glad to see you are out for this wknd.

........you're right Sporty, Wally had Jason on his neg-list and traded his rights to Calgary when things with Pierce and Jackson solidified......Gesser is a great but untried player right now......he was able to impress the coaches in camp to the point where Darnell Kennedy became expendable and has proved himslef game-speed capable against Edmopnton no less.....Do you know he played three quarters of the Rose Bowl for Washington with a broken bone in his leg?.....tough, yes, skilled, yes, confident, check........the rest is left up to fate.....

........Earl, what to expect this weekend?.....well, unfortunately for the TiCat fans your entertainment dollars won't get you any of those air-them-out bombs to Copeland or Lewis, and Cheatwood or Cotton won't be chasing around a scrambling QB.........I'd expect a resurection of Reynolds running game and a nickel and dime package of air attacks to build JG's confidence....I'd also expect the front five to step up and give JG the protection capable of settling down in his role.....the Ti-cats though will definately see this change as a potential area to exploit and my guess is we are in for an interesting battle.....good game Earl, if you're going have loads of fun......and no spitting eh!?.....

I will have loads of run as usual Redand White and don't put all of us TiCat fans in the category of moronic spitters, just like I shouldn't say that all Stamps fans are a bunch of mountain hillbillies.

:lol:

....bad joke on my part Earl, no offence intended.......

I don’t wish anyone injured, and I wish Henry a quick recovery, I want back on Oct 23. I don’t want stamps fans to have any excuses when we beat you as bad as you did us. :twisted:

No problem RedandWhite, it should be, hopefully, a good game.

I'm not worried.. we've got all our defensive players coming back off injuries now, and with the defense finally kicking into high gear.. that means problems for anybody trying to score against us.. you know what they say, offense gets the glory.. defense wins the game. Gesser is more than capable.. and with Reynolds and DeAngelis.. we'll be better than fine, we'll be great.

.......I wouldn't same I'm worried, but Hamilton could put the boots to us just like any team could on any given game day.......respect them 'cats and play smart and yeah we should be o.k., but it's by no means a cakewalk.....

if I were a good guesser.....I would say it's gonna be a tough haul for the Stamps. in the next little while....especially when opposing defenses smell rookie......good luck....the sharks await... :wink:

Thats see Casey Printers was a rookie, Ricky Ray was a rookie, Buck Pierce a rookie etc. I will not matter. This is Jasons chance to show he is a pro. I am not worried win or lose.

well I guess every qb. would have been a rookie at one time or another...thing is ... how long your rookie has actually played in full game scenarios ... that.could affect your chances of winning... exception.. Buck Pierce.....reason being HE'S playing for a 10 and 0 club.....

Very true but T Martin is playing for what type of club!