Burris to Ham. for Glenn

...according to Dave Naylor and tsn a deal that'll see Burris go to the Cats in exchange for Glenn will be worked out and announced sometime this week.....hmmmmmm The east is going to be very interesting this year :roll: :wink:
(have learned another player ,besides Glenn ,will be going to Cal. in the deal for Henry)/// :roll:

http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=384050

And here's the link. I'm glad this is happening sooner rather than later since it seemed like an inevitability. Soon the Battle of Alberta will be transplanted to the Battle of Ontario... Ricky Ray says hi.

I told you so!! Well, okay I'm sure everyone and their dog knew this would happen. Like Gornaldatron said, battle of Alberta has become the battle of Ontario. Good move for both teams. This off-season has been one of the more active ones and we haven't even got to free agency yet.

im very excited for next season.
should be a very interesting east division with Ray, Calvillo and Burris all in the East.

Looking forward to the free agency frenzy which should be skookum at best. Good for both teams on the trade; Glenn should be excited going to Calgary with his skills so to speak, thus Henry in Hamilton is a solid plus too.

On paper, Burris is better than Glen. But Burris might underachieve because Hamilton has weaker personnel than Calgary. Meanwhile Glen might not have much playing time as a backup.

The gunslingers are in the East for a change.

That would likely mean Hamilton has also picked a Head Coach. Both Glen and Burris were likely to be released that keeps both out of Edmonton.

With Durrant, Jyles and Lulay; The pistol Bootleggers are in the West..... :rockin:

Glenn's days in hamilton were over anyways, so this trade is essentially Burris for Dewitt. from a hamilton perspective, anyways.

The impact is not so much what they give up for Burris but the moves they will have to make to accomodate his contract.

True, but equally true is that Burris' days were over in Calgary as well. .. so what's that make it, from Calgary's perspective, Dewitt and Glenn for nothing? Not a bad deal!

It won't surprise me if we hear in the next day or so that Burris has agreed to renegotiate his contract with the Cats.

yep. a win for both teams.

I'd be very surprised. Have you seen how many guys making money Obilovich has released since he's been running the Tigercats. There is no incentive for Burris to do that at all. I think the reason the deal isn't official is they want to get their coach under contract before signing Burris.

sportsnet is reporting Burris has agreed to a $100,000 paycut with the tabbies.

[url=http://www.sportsnet.ca/football/cfl/2012/01/02/ticats_stamps_trade/]http://www.sportsnet.ca/football/cfl/20 ... mps_trade/[/url]

Burris has apparently agreed to restructure his salary of more than $400,000 to $300,000, but will receive a $100,000 signing bonus, sources tell Sporstnet.ca. He was due a signing bonus of $60,000 on February 1

so, this becomes a paycut that doesn't take effect until next season?
still gets $400,000 this year and $300,000 every season after?

According to Perry Lefko of Sportsnet, Henry Burris has already agreed to renegotiate his contract.-from $400,000 to $300,000; he will receice a signing bonus of $100,000,so his base salary will be $200,000. We cannot confirm that this trade was not officially made/concluded before the end of 2011, thus enabling the Tiger-Cats to include the signing bonus against 2011 SMS.

This trade would /will not have been/ be made,without Burris agreeing to a salary reduction.

Richard

Quite the offseason so far. They're often boring but some big changes already and the Grey Cup just ended less than 2 months ago!

where are you getting 'base salary of $200,000' from? that is not mentioned in the article you reference.

from sportsnet:

Burris has apparently agreed to restructure his salary of more than $400,000 to $300,000, but will receive a $100,000 signing bonus
so essentially, Burris loses zilch.