Burris may dress for Mtl Game

Good news for Calgary fans

[url=http://www.sportsnet.ca/cfl/article.jsp?content=20050923_174732_6040]http://www.sportsnet.ca/cfl/article.jsp ... 74732_6040[/url]

Sportsnet.ca -- The good news keeps coming for the Calgary Stampeders. Less than 24 hours after manhandling the Ottawa Renegades 45-23, the Alberta club now has much reason to smile about its injury plagued quarterbacking situation.

Sportsnet's Football Insider, Eric Tillman, has learned that Henry Burris will be fitted with a new cast on his injured left thumb early next week and may possibly dress when the Stamps host Montreal on Saturday, October 1. The veteran quarterback had been expected to miss up to eight weeks after suffering ligament damage late in the Stamps 16-11 victory over Edmonton on
September 9.

Additionally, rookie quarterback Jason Gesser, who it was initially feared had suffered a broken left ankle in last night's victory, is now expected to miss no more than one game with what now is being classified as a "high ankle sprain."

Rookie pivot Danny Wimprine, who completed 10 of 21 passes for 162 yards and one touchdown in relief of Gesser, will start against the Alouettes.

For one i think that Burris should have never missed more than one game because of a thumb on his non throwing hand. Second, if he does dress it will be for emergency purposes only, because do they even have a forth string QB. I think you need two going into a game. Third he better watch out for Montreals defence if he does come back. Philion is the dirtiest player in the cfl and he will be going for him

uh huh

calgarys 4 string is someone named Harris, could be Josh Harris but i don't know

.........and your medical credentials are from which post-secondary education facility?........

Wimprine has a strong arm so maybe we might be able to beat Montreal with the big play now and then and win the game, it will be a hard one to win with out Burris at the helm he ran all over Montreal last time.

GO STAMPS GO!