Burris lost that game for us!!!

Being at the game, I did not catch who had the choice in the second half. If it was Hamilton, then Cortez deserves any criticism that is levelled against him. The wind was strong, and were not behind on the score at the half. Even the most conservative and conventional coaching wisdom would thus dictate that you take the wind in the fourth even it means giving up the ball and the wind in the shorter 3rd quater. Would have made life a lost easier for Congi had he been near kicking range. Bad on Cortez, though I still think he is going to work out well for Hamilton (he just needs to get rid of some of the clowns he has as assitants),

If we're going to lose, I would rather do it with Porter in there. Burris' numbers are so inflated and he's clearly taking us nowhere.

During the off-season I posted here several times about my lack of confidence in the Burris acquisition. I was in the minority and was told that I was wrong.

I feared age had crept up, that he had lost intensity and focus, and so had become erratic enough that Calgary dropped him.

For a couple of games this season it looked like it was just my old pessimism but I think it was really an erratic good streak that is now being matched with a bad one.

Burris is NOT the only reason we are losing games. He is NOT the only reason that we lost today. However, he WAS (ans is) erratic. He overthrew both with and against the wind... and then, on one drive, puts together several laser-like passes.

He's good enough to win if the rest of the team is clicking. Forget the defense (oh, I'm trying to), why couldn't we pick up the blitzes at all? Was it Henry missing the formations, our blockers missing their assignments, or a great job by TO. I don't know, I'm just a fan. Overall we're just not good enough from top to bottom.

As an offence, maybe they feel they have to score everytime they hit the field ,because the defence cant stop anything, they may be pressing and making mistakes.

The offense only score 24 of those points and they gave up nine (Burris INT for a TD and the conceded safety after Burris fumbled the snap) themselves. They have the wind in the third quarter and all they can do is get six points? That’s not good enough. The offense takes 100% of the blame for today’s loss.

I was also very concerned when the team traded for Burris. I saw what he looked like at the end in Calgary and I was worried that he was done. Then he had that amazing July and things looked good, but I wanted to wait to see what he did later in the season because that’s when the wheels fell off in Calgary (remember, he was player of the month in August 2011). Well, after the way he’s played since the bye I feel like my initial concerns were justified. Frankly, he just looks terrible out there. He has some great numbers, but he doesn’t look like a difference maker. I feel pretty confident in saying that this team wouldn’t be 3-6 with Kevin Glenn at quarterback.

Burris reminds me of Damon Allen in his last year. If the season was just 6 games long, Allen could've played for 3-4 more years. Same for Hank. But these old guys just can't play 18 games anymore.

Also, the D is weak. The Argos are no offensive machine but they put up 30+ points against this D. The last Toronto drive was a real test for them and they couldn't stop them.

An Argo-Cat fan

The defense did NOT give up 30+ points. Seven points came from an interception by Burris and two came from a conceded safety by Bartel.

When you score 30 points, you should win. The offense had an off game – Burris included. But…the defense has to be able to bail them out sometime. How about a stop on the Argos last drive…or the Als last drive…or the Bombers last drive…or the Lions…NEVER…the defense just never comes up big when needed. Burris took them down and scored 8 to tie it, only to have the defense fold once again.

Burris is on pace for record TDs, and has this offense putting up big numbers and big points. Defense is the problem on this team. A good defense would have pulled that game out for their QB.

If the defense only gave up 21 points…then that means Ray only put up 21 points…and his team WON…Burris should be so lucky. Burris has to be perfect or they lose.

Burris has been lousy since the bye week...when we got him we knew hes either very good or very bad...very inconsistent...yes we scored 30 and 23 from the O, but far to many times this yr were leaving pts on the board by kicking FG instead of TDs and its killing us...watching the last play of the game, burris scrambled and he had i believe giguere or stala cant tell but WIDE open at the 45-50 yard line and he even scrambled his way how he didnt see him i dunno but its showing me burris' head isnt in the game right now and thats not good moving forward.

The defence provided stops on downs, batted down balls, caused fumbles, pressure, mixed it up, & played way more of the game than the offence.
The defence is wrongly maligned here.
I have to believe Creehan will see that he can use his LBs as blizers & the prevent defence doesn't work annymore.

Hi Everybody The game show lots of potential but the offence coordinator is so prodictable and are defence of line has to pressure the QB and stop the run,without this we will lose lots of games. If we want to win we have to correct this.Tiger cat fan from Edmonton

Burris is NOT the problem. The O-Line is a disaster on 2 and 10. The only time we moved the ball was on first down or 2 and 5 and that was when the Argos were in a prevent defence. On 2 & 10 the Argos D put their ears back and tore through the line.

I really believe that Burris is trying to do too much. He feels like he has to put the team on his back when he’s got some very good playmakers to rely on. I also think that the offensive playcalling is a little suspect. Burris’ 2 worst games this year were against the Argos. Call high percentage, short passes & slants to get him into a rhythm. I don’t think I saw a screen play called yesterday. Move the ball down the field & keep their O off of it. Ray can’t score if you do that.

Isn’t that rather a sign that the first-down playcalling / execution is suspect? On 2nd and 10, the advantage goes to the defense. You shouldn’t really expect to move the ball with impunity in that situation. The offense needs to do a better job of putting Burris in manageable second-down situations: 2nd and 5 or less.

Again it was the slow "O" line, that just can't give him the protection. Also the overpaid, overhyped guys like FANTUZ and Gigure, our so called "Canadian Air force"........................lol what a joke. Cut Fantuz/Guguere see if they can get some "O" line players somewhere and start Stala.

“You shouldn’t really expect to move the ball with impunity in that situation”.

That’s true, but I believe Burris was sacked twice on 2nd and 10 for big losses. I just think the O-line is the most over-looked component of the offense. On the run blocking against the Argos they were respectable. I think Burris has nervous feet because he knows the line can’t protect on the pass.

My intelligence is just fine junior…the play calling and team setup is the coach’s job…maybe you would like to check that out…bye sonny

Burris did not cost us the game.

The team did, from Cortez right on down.

Stop giving up safeties. Bartel can kick. The difference between a Bartel punt and a Congi kick was maybe (maybe) 10 yards. A play later the Argos had the ball where Bartel would have had it anyway.

We gave up 2, plus good filed position, which lead to 7 more, which lead to the next possession which was the pick 6.

A sixteen point swing. Game, set and match.

We still can't cover anyone on defence, we never look back for a thrown ball, so we never get interceptions or knockdowns. We don't sack any quatrerbacks and we can't tackle. Other than that our defence is fine.

He's old and tired with NO coaching...with some leadership he has a couple good years left ....Now that we can get a real coach ( LaPolice) we can dump this fool that can not be making over minimum wage...come on you can't argue with this if you have any intelligence at all.
[/quote]

[/quote]
The Coach is not out there throwing interceptions and not producing in the red zone. I would check your intelligence.
Your problem you can see it is easy to replace a coach , but your know that we are screwed if we need another 1st string QB.
I say we are done with our persue of a grey cup apperance with Burris period. :thdn: :thdn: :thdn:
[/quote]
My intelligence is just fine junior...the play calling and team setup is the coach's job...maybe you would like to check that out...bye sonny
[/quote]
All the good play calling and team setup will not prevent Burris from throwing interceptions. If your rushed by the defence
you eat the ball. You don't throw it into a crowd. And for your junior coment, I am probabily older than you JUNIOR.