Burn the Witches Vol. 2 Electric Boogaloo

Our run D wasn't as bad as everyone thinks. Harris only had 63 yards, it's not like he romped through the D. Their O line was far better than ours, Dyakowski was blown up a couple of times, including the last time our offence had the ball. It's frustrating to watch Fantuz, Tasker & Owens catch most passes thrown their way & then see Underwood drop a sure TD pass.

Never thought we'd lose our first 2 games at home this year.

I did not see the first half of the game. I got home at half time and was shocked by the score. However, not surprised
to see the lack of run and poor blocking by the O Line in the second half. As a previous poster has said not sure what C.J Gable role is with the team. At this point in his career he is not a strong runner and he is fairly easy to tackle. I am not a football expert, however the run certainly sets up the pass and Austin is content to have a running back that is past his shelf life. You live by the pass and you die by the pass. I would prefer a more balanced attack with someone who is quick and runs low. Not sure what Anthony Woodson role is with the team. I would take Woodson over gable any day. If Gable can only block and that is questionable, put in a full back and someone who can run. When Collaros returns don't be surprised if he gets hurt again if he is running for his life all game because there is no run threat and the O Line is suspect in their blocking assignments. Fairly easy for a defence to just pin their ears back and attack an O Line that is suspect. What's with this rush 3 men on second down? What's with the predictable blitz .................. This could be a long season.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Sad, but most teams were watching and seeing how the BB’s and how they put it to Ham. Lookout Masoli and team the heat is coming, I hope you can handle it. :cowboy:

Another thing to ponder is if we don’t give up that single early on in the game then Masoli’s last drive is considered a thing of beauty as it sets up a possible game tying field goal attempt for Maher with a chance to knot the game at 28-28 with 14 seconds left on the clock. Ahhhhh!!! what can I say but It’s been a very very frustrating last 2 weeks after that beat down in BMO to open the season.

I will give full marks though to those BB’s who came in here and fought hard and in the end I felt deserved the win tonight , no excuses from this corner from what I saw it looked like the Bombers were a more determined team and wanted this win more than we did. Having the next 4 games on the road might be tough but it also just might be what the doctor ordered for whatever ails this team , I mean we certainly don’t seem to have a home field advantage lately anymore going now a pathetic 2-6 at THF in our last 8 at home since Zach went down. I’m hoping that at the least we can somehow split these 4 games and come back for the next home game on Aug 20th sitting at a 3-3 record…BUT I wouldn’t be holding my breath or betting money on it at this stage. :o

A few things:

1. Three of the turnovers were just plain bad luck - the backspin KO, the double-tipped INT, and the bad snap on 3rd-and-inches. Tasker fumbled on a good play by the defender. The other 2 were all on Masoli (unless the receiver ran the wrong route).
  2. Apparently I don't know what DPI is any more (credit to Josh). The first challenge looked like either a clean play, or not enough evidence to overturn the on-field call (we may never know - TSN is playing advertisements between plays now, and we don't get to see all the replays). The second one was closer, but I still don't think that there was enough evidence. On Austen's challenge, I have no idea why it took so long to make the call. The 2che was CLEARLY held while the ball was in the air...
  3. Woodson is NOT the answer to start at RB - we would need another NAT backup for him, and Timmis is on the 6-game.
  4. WPG were constantly rushing 6 or 7 defenders all game. With 5 O-linemen (and CJ), that creates a mismatch on the line. Receivers either have to recognize the blitzes more or Masoli has to get rid of the football faster (probably both). THAT'S why CJ didn't have many touches last night - he HAD to block on almost every play. Heck, when he DID get his chances, there were 3 defenders in the backfield before he could start his run...
  5. Zach >> Masoli; Masoli >> Matthews. At least Masoli can run with the ball, Matthews would have been killed in the pocket.
  6. Good to see that our run defence was working (especially to the wide patterns) unlike the BC game.
  7. Where are our vaunted ST blocking schemes?
  8. I thought our rookie CBs played well in this game. It may take them a few weeks to become truly proficient, and MTL should be missing 3 receivers for the next game (as long as the biggest douche-bag in the league remains suspended).
  9. I'm not sure why the defence looked to be playing zone for the first half - Willy had WAY too many easy underneath passes that moved the sticks and ate up the clock.
  10. Our open-field tackling was abysmal.
  11. There are things that need to be corrected, and there are things that simply need improvement. This team will be better sooner rather than later.

Just a bullet point list of thoughts from last night after sleeping it off.

-Masoli is not as bad as the turnovers indicate. The man knows how to control an offence but just these hiccups keep happening and tonight it really reared its ugly head. I still much rather have Masoli at QB than Mathews, at the end of the day Masoli put us in a position to win and Underwood couldn't hang on to one of the most catchable balls I have ever seen.

-The defence needs to get their swagger back. Willy had all day to throw yesterday for the most part aside from a few nice rushes particularly by Chick and Nevis. But they have just looked so goddamn soft these last few games, barely any pass rush as mentioned, missed tackles all over the place, giant holes for running backs to romp through, we dropped multiple interceptions last week, and also I have no idea what the thought process is on 2nd and long to rush only 2 guys, constantly, all night. We weren't getting to Willy with some 6 man blitzes why the hell is a 2 man rush going to work, might as well drop all 12 guys back at that point because you're not going to win 2 on 5 battle with pro offensive linemen, just giving Willy all the time in the world to allow his receivers to get open. Need to play some Steeltown defence, last two weeks have been a bit painful considering how good we know they can be. Ok so that one was long but whatever they made me mad.

-The offensive line just bugs me, as individuals they are all pretty decent players, but it seems as a whole they are bound to make stupid mistakes whether it be Dyakowski one play or Filer the next, they just don't seem to play well as a unit and looked downright confused at times last night. Masoli is still our backup, he isn't this star world beater who is going to pull a Houdini and escape the pass rush with ease and make a smart throw every play, the guy needs time to plant his feet and deliver which seemed almost impossible for him last night at times.

-Gable needs more touches, it is that simple. Also o-line needs to open some holes up for him, and hopefully he hits them going north south instead of reverting to east west running.

-If you take away all the turnovers, and god do I wish we could, but if you do Masoli and co didn't have a TERRIBLE game. Lots to be desired sure but Masoli knows how to run this offence but he can't do it alone, dropped passes and bad blocking did not help.

-That pick 6 by Masoli was one of the worst decisions ever, just don't know why he has these random mental lapses then can stay so calm and cool and then continue to play well. Masoli is just an interesting quaterback to watch never know what you're going to get from play to play, which isn't a good thing but I think he can be a starter in this league if he can just minimize the dumb mistakes

-While that KO was Banks fault, that ball took an unpredictable bounce, feel bad for him that is probably toughest part of the job is judging where the ball is in the air especially near the sidelines

• We have be absolutely abysmal at home since Zach got hurt, I can't wait to have him back and start winning in the Hammer again

-I am terrified once again this team is going to dig a giant hole to get out of in the second half of the season, and just worried this time we won't be able to get it done. If we are 2-5 or something like that before Zach gets back and East teams keep balling out we could find ourselves in some hot water after Labour Day....seems to be the way this team likes it for whatever freaking reason

-I like to ramble about the Ti-Cats, I could do this all day but I will save you...lets go pluck them dirty birds next week in Montreal

Funny, I could be absolutely wrong but I thought Cats were playing man to man most of the first half which is why they were getting hammered across the middle because you try and cover a guy waggling into a slant pattern with the new rules in the CFL, it’s almost impossible. I noticed in the second half they were just dropping the three linebackers into the middle of the field on 2nd down to eliminate any easy stuff over the middle and it seemed to be working as Willy was struggling to find open receivers.

Like I said I could be wrong but just what I saw from the stands.

Agree with everything you said except this. The kickoff was shorter than Medlock’s previous kicks, hitting at the 20. So Banks had a choice to either run up to try to catch it, risking a fumble, or let it bounce and then pick it up. He chose to let it bounce, and set up five yards away to prevent it from bouncing into him and cause a fumble. But the ball then bounced five yards back upfield - which never happens on a long kickoff - right into the arms of an unblocked Bomber player.

Unblocked being the key here. Watch the play and you’ll see Mitch Barnett (44) on the outside line up to block the second Bomber from the sideline instead of the outside player, which allowed him to get the ball. It’s possible that he lost the outside Bomber player against the Bomber’s bench. Or he just wasn’t expecting anyone that close to the sidelines Whatever, I’m putting the kickoff recovery on him, not on Banks.

i said before dont rush Zach back but damn do i want to retract that post lol

My friend an Allwet fan tells me they can't wait to play the bungling Ham team, My reply to him I can't print. :frowning:

An ugly observation from Steve Milton:

steve milton ?@miltonatthespec Jul 7
In 2 hours of football at home in 2016, #Ticats have held led for 22 minutes and 50 seconds, and have scored two offensive TDs. #CFL

THE SKY IS FALLING THE SKY IS FALLING!!! relax people we will be fine