Burn the Witches Thread 3: Own Your Feelings

You do! Evans is way more mobile than Soli!

1 Like

Gentle reminder that the Tiger-Cat forum is a "safe haven" for Cats fans to post about their team. If you're a fan of another team and you post here, understand that you are on another team's turf and conduct yourself accordingly.

6 Likes

Some of these players probably found lucrative new careers during the extended down time. They hung up the jockstraps and are now reluctant to leave their new profession, families, and homes.

1 Like

It all works out to the same result. Evans will take a quicker sack standing in the pocket or have to force a pass too quickly. While Masoli tries to buy time by rolling out and then either throws it out of bounds, an incompletion or a pick.

Either way the O-Line sucks and both these QBs would be thriving if the OL gets fixed.

2 Likes

100%

2 Likes

I have to say watching Evans this year he seems to have worked a bit on his mobility. Whether thatā€™s by design or through sheer necessity with the inexperienced oline, he seems more willing to move side to side in the pocket and also step up and take off and run where he may have just ate the ball in 2019. I was also worried that this might be his undoing seeing some of the hits heā€™s taken for it starting in the Mtl game. Hopefully heā€™s not out for long.

Agree with you on Masoli, lots of rolling out, backpedaling and throwing off his back foot. Biggest thing they can do for him
is establish a running game, so they can slow the rush and get him a little more comfortable in the pocket.

1 Like

So when he had 8 or nine 300 yr games in a row his passes were out of bounds,incomplete or a pick

I think the opposite. As has been pointed out, Dane seems to hang on to the ball too long, looking for the deep throw, rather than the open man. He also is quick to go down on blitzes, eating the ball, rather than throwing it away.

Not necessarily terrible flaws, but Iā€™m sure defences are aware and take advantage.

1 Like

Maybe itā€™s your theory or maybe itā€™s mine, but I agree; if you studied the two QBs over the same number of play, Evans would likely be sacked more.

1 Like

Iā€™m talking about now in 2021 with this terrible O-Line and many inexperienced receivers.

There is both advantages and disadvantages as to how Masoli or Evans deal with a collapsing pocket.
Bottom line is that if the Cats fix the O-Line then we are not even having this discussion.

2 Likes

Agreed. Any QB is better with protectionā€¦

@Krisiun Two good QBs with two different skill sets and two different sets of liabilities. Smart management would not trade either.
And I said it just a couple days ago, with a better O-line, BOTH OF THE GUYS COULD WIN AGAIN!

3 Likes

Agree 100%

1 Like

The O line actually looked decent in the LD game, but it seems Toronto cracked that code easily in the film room.

2 Likes

May I send a thumbs-up to Brandon Revenberg who I have watched very closely this year play OUTSTANDING football. he has singlehandedly made Okafor look passable on occasions but you can only do so muchā€¦

Ciraco might be OK but why not move him back to RG?
The rest of the O-Line has been a mess.
And without a LT this line will continue to struggle.

Get a new LT
Hope VanZeyl can finish the season
Ciraco RG
I will take an import centre if I have to
We will be on QB 5 if this isnā€™t corrected.

1 Like

Well, both of the guys canā€™t win again, IF THEYā€™RE BOTH HURT, FRANK!
Frank Bradley (the old guy with a multiple personality disorder)

1 Like

OK, so letā€™s all be Frank on this site? Sorry Frank, I had to say it :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

You speak very Frankly.

1 Like

Frank is a hot dog . :slightly_smiling_face:

Pat Lynch (the aged guy)

2 Likes