"Burn the witch(es) that called a prevent a win" t

Howdy folks,

Don't get me started on the "we found the long ball with two minutes left" offense...whoever called a forty-yards-off-the-ball prevent when the game hung in the balance with a twenty-yard gain should be FIRED.

Don Sutherin does not make that call...PERIOD.

Oski Wee Wee,

Thank you voice of reason.

Somehow this thread got cloned...it should read "Burn the witch(es) that called a prevent a win" thread.

Over to you Kavis...

Oski Wee Wee,

Prevent. Stupidest scheme in all of football. :thdn:

Could we also not have taken a time-count violation, punted deep (everyone knew Boreham's kick was dicey), and forced them to play a longer field with a little less time??? One extra play would have been one too many for them to get into field goal range.

Oski did you watch the Grey Cup game where we went ahead with about a minute to go and we allowed Calgary of all teams to come down and kick the winning field goal to steal the cup away from us ??? Wasnt that Sutherin ???? YESSSSS IT WAS !!!!!!

I have no problems with trying to go up by 4 points that late in a game. Running a prevent defence over 40 yards of contested terrain for field goal range is asinine.

Your strategy would also been a sound alternative.

Oski Wee Wee,

I have no problems with trying to go up by 4 points that late in a game. Running a prevent defence over 40 yards of contested terrain for field goal range is asinine.

Your strategy would also been a sound alternative.

Oski Wee Wee,

Oski your not replying about Sutherin and his assnine prevent in the Grey Cup !!!!

the silence is deafining !!!

Sutherin rushed four lineman in that situation and did not have his DBS FORTY YARDS OFF THE BALL at the snap. Watch the tape.

That being said, I hate prevents. Running one with our secondary as is and a margin of two points is asinine.

Oski Wee Wee,

Oh give me a break . I dont care how they did it , they moved the ball down the field just like they did last night . It happens all the time even in big games . I remmeber BC did it to Don Mathews in a Grey Cup game . so please stop with the Sutherin genius talk . He was king of the bend but do not break philosophy .

Tough call. Faith in your kicker vs. faith in your defense. IMO the D earned it.

But then you go and change the way they kept you in the game anyway, and... :roll:

I suppose even if we'd made the 3, and the prevent was in, Burris may still have had a shot at a touchdown.

Whatever. This defence is bent AND broken. With better coaching, it can be fixed.

Oski Wee Wee,

Whatever ?? your the one who said Sutherin would never let that happen . There is nothing wrong with Reed that a few correct calls and a few breaks wont help .

I know one other thigs as well . we have a good cb now in Kornegay and I think he should of beena starter all along !!! He`s young and will be around for a long time .