Burn the 2024 Witches v.5 - Embarasment Edition

While prior to Cote Injury it was 1 National and 1 Global . Guess may depend how maltos plays vs toronto what happens after the bye week .

1 Like

As a good Ticat fan would say: There"s always next year.

1 Like

Bringing in talent first and then the coaches decide. It isn’t rocket science.

1 Like

One of Kubrick’s best films. “Gentlemen, you cant fight in here. This is the War Room.”

3 Likes

it’s my favourite movie of all time.

1 Like

I said it on hiring, Milanovich is over-rated. His record as a head coach is poor. He was gifted a good Argos team and then after one cup proceeded to run it into the ground. His hire was a startling lack of creativity from the Cats management. We keep on re-cycling old washed up people. Meanwhile guys like Corey Mace and Jordan Maksymyk are on fire.

1 Like

Austin and Steinauer was the complete opposite of recycling old washed up coaches.

Milanovich also faced ownership challenges and Ricky Ray injuries during his Argo tenure.

He won a Grey Cup, which is the whole point.

I think he deserves more than 5 games leash with the Ticats to put his stamp on things.

5 Likes

Mark Washington is a very good example.

Right but we’re being hard on Washington because it’s been 4+ seasons of the same defensive issues. Your post was specifically about Coach M.

3 Likes

If Steinauer got 4 years, how many will Milanovich get? Although Stein bought a lot of time with that 2019 season…

I agree Milanovich should get at least 1.5 seasons

Actually when you look at his record on a Ti-Cats scale of what is considered a successful season he really did an outstanding job . He had 2 seasons above .500 , a season at .500 where he won a Cup a season just one game below .500 and 1 bad season where he finished up at 5-13 . If he would’ve accomplished that record here he would’ve been placed up on the WOH and considered one of the greatest coaches in team history .

3 Likes

But hopefully we are trying to raise the bar on that Ticat scale.

On a side note to the bozo at Podskee Wee Wee… Learn to pronounce Milanovich. You sound like an idiot.

4 Likes

‘Coaching Alumnus of Distinction’

2 Likes

League fines from Week 5 announced, including…

** Hamilton fullback James Tuck has been fined for delivering a blindside block on BC linebacker Isaiah Messam.*
** Hamilton wide receiver Kiondré Smith has been fined for violating the CFL Code of Conduct by simulating the firing of a weapon during a celebration.*

1 Like

How many times has Acklin been fined/penalized for the bow and arrow celebration he does after every catch?

6 Likes

Thats a really good point.

4 Likes

I’m just grasping at straws here, but I don’t think Acklin actually aims that pretend bow at opposing players, like K.Smith did with his finger-gun.

That’s a flag/fine in the NFL too.

1 Like

Yes, it’s the aiming part of the gun celebration that is off-limits in both leagues.

2 Likes

I can’t stand in games where we’ve been down by large amounts and he’s still celebrating. Guy only cares about padding his stats.

4 Likes