Burn the 2023 Witches vol. I - Same As It Ever Was

I also agree with this post. This was a measuring stick game.
Q: How do the Hamilton Tiger-Cats measure up against the Winnipeg Blue Bombers at the start of the 2023 season??
A: Not even close !!

4 Likes

Yea the refs should never have called that belly flop dive on top of a Bomber player lying on the ground. :thinking:

3 Likes

The belly flog was retaliation for a Bomber O Line man belly flopping on our guy earlier,undisciplined and a dirty play by the Bomber ,but that’s ok ,they make it look like a fall.
Coach O’s challenge was weak , early in the game , poor little Tim White’s arm was pulled ,unseen ,so how could he think we could win a challenge ,dumb call by O.
Collaros , when he was a all star TiCat put up similar performances in the first half of many home games ,he was and is so far above the rest of the league ,we would be up 25 points in the first half just like last night ,then he would come out and take it easy in the second half just like last night ,amazing performance by Collaros, Bombers are lucky to have him , we were dumb to not stick it out with him , a warrior. Hope we find some bigger stronger deep recievers to help our QB’s out……Preseason game #3 for us …again…. Why do we throw away the first game of the year every season?

2 Likes

I hope Bo will bounce back, seem his timing with receivers were off all night. The D was awful and play calling terrible. Seems to be the brand of football the coaching staff bring unfortunately

2 Likes

I believe I heard, yesterday pre-game, that the TiCats had won just 2 of their last 16 season openers. If nothing else, they’re consistent, at least as seasons begin.

4 Likes

Cross gets first crack at SLB. The guy has appreciated for three years and deserves his shot.

1 Like

The front seven was a big concern in the run game. At what point does Washington say we need to double cover, Demski?

2 Likes

Whats ridiculous is how long they’ve been this good.
The easy take would be “what comes up must come down”, and its going to happen. Just doesnt appear anytime soon. This is a dynasty and up there with some of the best teams in league history. A fluke Cup loss does nothing to hurt their current run. It’s remarkable in the era of free agency and 1 year deals.

10 Likes

That’s what you get when you pray for “continuity”. New players - same old crap.

1 Like

I have to ask, how is playcalling terrible when we are calling plays with guys wide open running down the field?

The “too many deep balls” thing was made up by people trying to hide Masolis deficiencies behind a coach that seems to be well respected as a play caller.

If you can’t hit wide open receivers, you aren’t a good QB. Plain and simple.

3 Likes

Just study the film then move on. Next week they will see a team they have no film on yet. And unlike Winnipeg, the Argos have a scrambling QB with an attitude. Prepare for the Argos, clean up the penalties, or go 0-2.

1 Like

The decision in hindsight appears odd sitting BLM and so many others during the exhibition season.

Team looked like it was still in exhibition game mode last night.

6 Likes

I thought our play calling was good.
In the first half, the run game was working and recievers were open. BLM was off his game.
Tommy is also not responsible for bonehead penalties, bonehead turnovers and for a Winnipeg QB throwing for almost 300 yards in the first half.

7 Likes

Agreed. When we throw short people say “stupid screen passes” and when we throw deep and QBs miss wide open guys we blame play calling?

Collaros had no issues throwing deep balls. They had 11 completions of 15 yards or more. We had 1.

I didn’t understand the objectional conduct penalty at the end of the 2nd quarter when the Ticats were trying to run the clock out and were called for pretending to go down and didn’t. I’ve never seen that penalty, does anyone understand that call and in my opinion he was just running around to run the clock out and never intended to go down until the end, but the whistles blew almost immediately. The officitating was terrible, not the reason that they lost, but certainly didn’t help/

7 Likes

Technically, you can’t pretend to “give yourself up” and then continue running . The rule has been made more for QBs so they can’t pretend to slide or kneel and then keep running. The call was ticky-tac at best, but technically the refs weren’t wrong on that one.
Ironically is wasn’t the worst call of the night by a long shot.

3 Likes

Exactly. The rule was new last season, and was aimed at QBs doing a fake slide to get the defence to back off. Interesting it was applied to a returner this time. But same reasoning.

1 Like

It’s frustrating that ex-Ticats Darby and Lawrence (#24) are good enough to start for Winnipeg this year ( and made plays) and our secondary played terrible last night, especially in that first half. I dont think George Jr is good enough.

9 Likes

Well said. We didn’t have a spot for either? Crazy talk.

1 Like

Ya but just like we can take a scoop and score, what if we added TDs on those over throws from Bo?

I saw enough that the pieces are there to be a great team this year, the pieces just need to fit together.

1 Like