Burn the 2022 Witches Vol.VII

And this is another example of why Als fans are so awesome. Air horns included. :beers:

1 Like

Elaborate

This speaks to potential…

Updated Heisman Trophy odds August 2020

[@SportsBettingAG]

Trevor Lawrence 2/1
Spencer Rattler 9/1
Myles Brennan 14/1
D’Eriq King 14/1
Sam Ehlinger 14/1
Jamie Newman 16/1
Mac Jones 16/1
Chuba Hubbard 20/1
Ian Book 20/1
Sam Howell 20/1
Bo Nix 25/1
Kyle Trask 25/1
Travis Etienne 25/1

and check out this article
https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/georgia-football/what-all-us-should-take-away-from-jamie-newman-fallout-2021/

Mock Drafts
CBS had Newman going 8th overall, 3rd QB after Lawrence and Fields
SI had him 20th overall
Kiper jr 4th QB having Trey Lance also ahead of him.

3 Likes

There’s also that video @ottawacat posted in the Evans thread. (Do we need a Newman thread, or does that only come when his experiement is over?)

Hopefully we let Newman throw downfield a bit more to confirm that he did not mysteriously lose his throwing ability when he crossed the border.

2 Likes

Hey! Easy on the pom poms!

4 Likes

Newman thread already on the go…
https://forums.cfl.ca/t/jamie-newman-was-is-quite-the-qb-prospect/80195/6

3 Likes

I am going to be as polite as I can.. this is not towards anyone or any fan.. as a ticats STH I am so pissed off right now… I understand that the CNE is going on right now but no reason to not practice.. I don’t care what ppl say both ticats and argos are not ready for playoffs period.. ticats played Friday and has sat sun off and argos had sun off..

Lions riders, wpg and cgy atleast did walk through, had injury reports and everything… not a single darn thing from any other team… you have tues we’d thurs and game is Friday… 3 days is not enough to prepare for this week… if I was owner I would be pissed.. if playoffs started tomorrow Hamilton would be out… Sask or mtl would walk all over Toronto in a heart beat… friday is going to be a crap show as a polite word would be..

Argos OL is a mess, they have no run game, their only fb was injured last week.. their quarterback can’t throw more then 1 TD pass a game. You can’t win if you throw less then two TD passes.. your leading rusher is ur back up TD with most rushing TD.. ur 4/5th string wr leads ur team in touchdowns..

Hamilton… with what they are going through who’s off IR this week we don’t know no one was updated today.. it’s a crapshoot as to who’s playing Friday.. you only get 4 days of practice well really 3 Mon to Wes thurs as walk through… if u played thurs u would of had tues we’d walk through.. shit needs to get better if either team wants to step up there game.. sorry needed to rant but that really pissed me off

2 Likes

Agree with you on practice time in general for teams. But both Cats and Argos actually played Saturday so the usual deal is for teams to have two days off the practice field. That’s likely in the CBA. They might have done some film work Sunday. With having played each other twice in the past 3 weeks you probably won’t see a lot of wrinkles thrown in especially on the short week. Should be at least 4 days practice for Labour Day and hopefully some new wrinkles thrown in and two better rested and prepped teams.

Understand the frustration with practice hours, fewer padded practices etc. I think it’s hurt the quality of play and tackling in the league in general.

3 Likes

Last game was Saturday not Friday actually

1 Like

I’m going to go out on a limb and say the CNE has no bearing on any CFL team’s practice schedule.

In contrast, it seems to be the driving force behind the entire Argos home schedule.

2 Likes

No doubt injuries are a factor to the practice schedule. Very interesting that i found out Argos Offensive Tackle trevon tate had acl surgery today yet i don’t recall argos even mentioning his injury. Tate posted about his surgery on his Instagram stories which is how i know about that

The CBA stipulates, IIRC, no more than 3 practices per week.

2 Likes

Even if you don’t have practice.. you still know who’s injured and who’s not and can still put our preliminary injury report or something.

The only thing that I get confused on is bc Sask game is Friday, so if CBA states no more then 3 practices a week they already had Monday then u have tues we’d there’s ur three, if you include possible walk through on Thursday is somewhat kind of a practice with their game Friday… alls I’m saying is you could of still came up with some injury report… for example the 6 game ppl some of them are past their 6 games last week I could be wrong. I’m just saying put something out in the media or something…

1 Like

The injury report only helps the opposing team and those who gamble. The majority only care who plays when game day arrives.

2 Likes

A team can practice more than three times in a week. In fact, the 'Cats have already done it once this year (Monday to Thursday) I believe it was.

Evans started 16 games in 3 seasons for the Tiger-Cats . That doesn’t sound like a seasoned veteran to me .

1 Like

So, they’ll list him as “Questionable,” when their Injury Report comes out, later today.

2 Likes

TiCat coaching tree : Head Coach: [Kent Austin] 2015(Kent Austin Coaching Record - Pro Football Archives)

|Tommy Condell|Offensive Coordinator/Receivers|
Head Coach: Kent Austin 2016
Tommy Condell Offensive Coordinator/Receivers
Corey Grant Running Backs/Offensive Quality Control
Dennis McPhee Defensive Line
Jeff Reinebold Special Teams Coordinator/Linebackers
Allen Rudolph Offensive Line
Marcello Simmons Assistant Defensive Coordinator/Special Teams Assistant
James Stanley Defensive Backs
Orlondo Steinauer Defensive Coordinator
John Zamberlin Linebackers

Head Coach: Kent Austin

Jarryd Baines Offensive Quality Control
William Fields Defense and Special Teams Assistant
Corey Grant Running Backs
Phillip Lolley Defensive Coordinator
Mark Markuson Offensive Line
Dennis McKnight Special Teams Coordinator
Dan Morrison Offensive Assistant/Quarterbacks
Stefan Ptaszek Offensive Coordinator/Receivers
Head Coach: Kent Austin 2017
Jarryd Baines Offensive Quality Control
William Fields Defense and Special Teams Assistant
Corey Grant Running Backs
Phillip Lolley Defensive Coordinator
Mark Markuson Offensive Line
Dennis McKnight Special Teams Coordinator
Dan Morrison Offensive Assistant/Quarterbacks
Stefan Ptaszek Offensive Coordinator/Receivers

Head Coach: [June Jones] 2018 (June Jones Coaching Record - Pro Football Archives)

[2018 Hamilton Tiger-Cats Coaching Staff

](Football Staff – Hamilton Tiger-Cats)
June Jones Head Coach
Orlondo Steinauer Assistant Head Coach
Jerry Glanville Defensive Coordinator
Dan Morrison Quarterbacks Coach
Dennis McKnight Offensive Line Coach
Corey Grant Asst. Offensive Coordinator & Running Backs Coach
Dennis McPhee Defensive Line Coach
William Fields Defensive Backs Coach
Craig Butler Special Teams & Defensive Assistant
Jarryd Baines Asst. Wide Receivers Coach & Offensive Quality Control

2019 Hamilton Tiger-Cats Coaching Staff

Orlondo Steinauer Head Coach
June Jones Associate Head Coach & Offensive Coordinator
Mark Washington Defensive Coordinator & Defensive Backs Coach
Jeff Reinebold Special Teams Coordinator
Tommy Condell Wide Receivers Coach
Dennis McKnight Offensive Line Coach
Robin Ross Linebackers Coach
Randy Melvin Defensive Line Coach
Craig Butler Defensive Backs & Special Teams Assistant
Jarryd Baines Asst. Wide Receivers Coach & Offensive Quality Control

2021 Hamilton Tiger-Cats Coaching Staff
Tommy Condell Offensive Coordinator & Quarterbacks
Mark Washington Defensive Coordinator
Jeff Reinebold Special Teams Coordinator
Mike Gibson Offensive Line
Robin Ross Linebackers
Randy Melvin Defensive Line
Craig Butler Defensive Backs Coach & Special Teams Assistant
Jarryd Baines Wide Receivers

2022 Hamilton Tiger-Cats Coaching Staff

Tommy Condell Offensive Coordinator & Quarterbacks
Mark Washington Defensive Coordinator
Craig Butler Special Teams Coordinator & Assistant Defensive Backs
Mike Gibson Offensive Line
Robin Ross Linebackers
Randy Melvin Defensive Line
Jarryd Baines Running Backs
Jykine Bradley Defensive Backs
Jason Phillips Wide Receivers

It appears that the Cats have sought out the best available coaching staffs . The turnovers suggest that they're trying to improve every year .

Let the attacks begin :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

I sincerely hope you don’t think this is an attack, but I’d like to discuss just two coaches; Dennis McKnight and Mike Gibson. So therefore when you say, “best available,” when McKnight left to coach the Houston Roughnecks, you’re right - he was no longer available, but Gibson had to be known by management as a journeyman coach with a history of mediocrity and therefore not a very good try “to improve” the year he was hired or this year either. But that’s just my opinion.

1 Like