Burn the 2022 Witches Vol.IX

Super Techno Bowl Bo Jackson.

Game was within reach until Morton was put in despite break downs in all parts of the team.

Anyone hear why Morton was put in? They didn’t say on the radio.

1 Like

on a whim by coach O is my guess

1 Like

Pure speculation, but I’m going to say it’s because the offence hadn’t scored after 3 quarters.

4 Likes

Putting in Morton took away any chance at winning.

Stupid ass decision.

Period.

3 Likes

The broadcast said the first play of the drive was a designed QB run by Newman.

Next play Morton. Seem a strange time to make the call. Thought there might be a hit related reason.

Morten started that drive and couldn't get the third and one.

Game over.

That substitution will likely cost us the season.

3 Likes

Ah. I missed it was Morton starting the drive.

1 Like

It seems to me the problem is our recivers aren't burners. They can't get down field fast enough, so opposing Ds just keep us contained to short stuff, and that leads to turnovers.

We need deep threats to spread the field.

2 Likes

Our receivers are small and don't have the kind of moves that Tasker or Speedy B had / have. Watching the Bombers and the Riders you see the advantage of big physical receivers. To me, that's a must in the off season.

Pulling Newman was an odd choice. He was managing.

Going for it on third and long when your centre has taken a handful of snaps in one practice was bizarre. Does an O Line not need to gel? The O Line played well. We have a solid group for 2023.

I think Teddy retires at the end of the season. Does that free up money for BLM?

I liked Newman. He's a keeper. His receivers let him down.

4 Likes

Tie game at the half.
Turn belly-up in the second half.
Since the first game of last season, it has been an issue virtually EVERY game.
El Presidente has been the HC for every game. HIS responsibility. HIS failures.

5 Likes

I agree with the questioning, of others, on the QB change, with a couple of minutes left in the 3rd quarter. Newman, as I expected, didn't have a lot of success, but the team was down by just 3 pts. when he was taken out, just before he was going to get the wind at his back for the 4th quarter. 10:20 of play, later, he was put back in, after 2 turnovers and a couple of 2-and-outs, with Morton at the helm, and the team, then, down by 17 with under 7 minutes left in the game. I should point out that one of those turnovers wasn't Morton's fault. Newman lost the ball, only once when a LB managed to tip up a down field pass and it was intercepted by a DB. He escaped several pressures, showed he could pass on the run, made good decisions, and threw a strong armed, pretty much perfect, pass close to 50 yards into that wind, which Tim White, just missed completing. Today didn't change my belief that Newman could prove, if he's given enough playing time, to learn, in this season's remaining games, to be our future at QB. However, today did diminish my hope that he'll get that learning time.
The only happiness I feel, from today's game is for Speedy having the day he did in, I think quite likely, his final appearance as an active player at THF and before the stadium's record crowd.

3 Likes

The Offence scored zero points!
ZERO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The TD was a pick 6
A convert and a punt single
Coach O should fire himself as Head Coach and fire Condell as OC!
Let Khari inherit this fustercluck as HC/OC during the bye
The Coaching and OC decisions in that game were atrocious!

5 Likes

Who, on this team, would you consider inviting to training camp next year?
I say Kiondre Smith, Revenberg, Adeleke, Kats, Wynne, Dane.
Do we want a Simoni recovering from an injury at his age? I love the guy, but I seriously think the years are catching up to him. If the team were successful this season, I would consider it, but...

Ciante Evans, Brooks, Rolle, Santos-Knox, Howsare.

We need to make a decision on players like Van Zeyl, Laurent, & possibly Simoni. I love the guy too, but depending on the seriousness of his injury, it might be time to move on. We need to free up salary to sign new players.

1 Like

I agree with you,
but
Didn't we do that with Speedy Banks?

2 Likes

Against us he plays like a superstar.
Against the rest of the League, however...

3 Likes

I disagree . Our best DB is Adeleke and we keep sending him on the blitz package . How many times do you recall Henley or Bennett leaving the middle and blitzing ? When we get beat deep it is often down the middle . Kats and Adeleke in a 2 deep zone just might shut down the deep threats . It seemed to work in Tampa Bay with my "cousin" John Lynch .

2 Likes

It’s often been said in sports that it is better the move on from a player a year too earlier than a year too late.

Guess we will see if that is the case with Speedy.

2 Likes

Forgot to include Kam Kelly as well.

As for Speedy, he's a bit of a different case, because the first few years of his career, he was mainly a returner, which likely added years to his career. Our coaching staff certainly should have taken that into account.

1 Like

We had our 3rd and 4th string QB's
Had Zero points on Offense
Newman wasn't that bad :ok_hand:
Morton was bad :-1:
Condell was atrocious :-1: :-1:

7 Likes