Burn the 2022 Witches Vol. III

Ticats suck so bad. Tiger-Cats’ quarterback Dane Evans looked more like an amateur player than the franchise QB, the offensive line was horrible , the receivers dropped too many passes, the run game was non-existent. The kicking game was so pathetic. This team is not going anywhere this year if they don’t make changes. Should have gone and got better players during the off season.

2 Likes

Evans is NOT cutting it. Overthrows, behind receivers and dancing in the pocket. Interceptions at the worst times (last week).

I love the commitment and work ethic but so far the performance is awful. Yards don’t cancel out pics and fumbles.

Tim White is far better than Banks in his last year here.

O-line despite the player shuffling is at the same performance level as the starting line up in game one. Aweful.

We are a below average team. Time to realize this now. Blown leads, abysmal offence in Winnipeg and injuries long term.

I don’t see anything pointing to a strong season.

Coaching errors vs Calgary, inept play on offence this week and very sub-par QB performance are not going to cut it.

Very disappointed.

4 Likes

Totally agree. The record shows that I have been extremely skeptical about Evans as a starter since last year. Like all backups, he has had brief moments, or even games, of short-lived brilliance. In your very accurate words, he just isn’t “cutting it.” So where do they go from here?

2 Likes

I don’t think Evans is beyond recovery. He needs to settle down, not throw every ball at maximum velocity BUT until he gets more than average time unencumbered in the pocket that will not happen.

The abysmal play of the O-line coupled with not being able to play Jackson due to the ratio will haunt Evans until somehow we fix these issues.

My confidence in Condell, especially after his ridiculous play calling vs the Stamps, is also hurting the potential and development of this team.

1 Like

Did you forget about the 2019 season? Same HC, OC, and DC - the only thing that has changed is the crappy O-line. Dane played pretty decently that year…

3 Likes

Exactly…. O-line is killing our chances at winning. I don’t care to review the injury list to make ourselves feel better about our unfortunate circumstances. No excuses. The ball has been dropped on this issue since the GC in Winnipeg. The ultimate example of why an O-line matters!

2 Likes

Change of O-line coach at the end of 2019

3 Likes

I will say that I have never been impressed by Mike Gibson’s O-line coaching during his time in the league. I’m not saying everything is his fault, but I would not be surprised if he were part of the issue with Hamilton’s offense.

3 Likes

I think the problem is that there’s too many fingers to point.

Evans
O-Line
Gibson
Condell
Orlondo

Do they all suck simultaneously or is it a chain reaction with one underperforming unit derailing the rest of them?

The main question is Who will figure this all out?

2 Likes

gotta blame it on the fans :slight_smile:

1 Like

So did the league’s 2019 MOP…another change from that year. Also, Masoli was the QB for the first 5 consecutive wins that year.

2 Likes

Not that it matters they were 4 and 1 when Masoli got hurt.
The fact of the matter is they are regressing since the 2019 season and need to figure out how to fix it.

So you disregard the other nine wins. Gotcha - now I know your angle.

Just side note I know this is about our team however damaged goods only has 1 catch for 39 yrds in game and half and JD only has 3 tackles that’s it… we have 5 rec and 1 rb with more rec yards then damage goods

Again, Jackson is injured and STE is not to blame for abysmal run blocking and the fact that Condell would rather call a jet sweep to a reciever, than give it to him.

3 Likes

Everything starts at O-Line..

The QB is the most important position on the field but the 5 offensive linemen as a unit collectively are even more important than the QB. Nothing can happen without half-decent o-line play.

6 Likes

Sounds like the Cats have traded for Colin Kelly from Edmonton. Not sure who they gave up. While I think they are in bigger need of a Canadian, it can’t hurt to get a veteran American tackle who could probably play either the right or left side. Wondering if Van Zeyl may be more seriously injured even though he returned to the game on Friday. Or they just don’t have enough faith in Riley on the left side.

In any case the team needs some more oline bodies right now so good on them for making a move at least.

5 Likes

Yeah , some posters like to pile on Masoli . Not all of us !

5 Likes

Right about Jackson. Thanks. However due to ratio issues I don’t think he would start. This team had the same problem last season in this regard.

STE is quite athletic. I feel bad for him after the pass last week in OT was allowed through his hands while his head was already turning upfield. Overall he is an asset. His OL is letting him down.

What happened to the very effective quick hitters we saw in the first half last week?

2 Likes

He’ll be able to play as a “Canadian” next season.
Or, does that Naturalized Canadian roster rule, in the new CBA, not come into effect until '23?